Sunday 24 May 2020

Humour for the Christmas Card Club!

Hello there Everyone,  how'r thing with you all? Apparently this is a Bank Holiday, so I hope you are making the best of it as you can where ever you are in the UK.   That's one of the downsides of being retired, you don't get Public Holidays, Lol.....and indeed if you are like anything like me, you'll never know when they are.  Anyhoo, it's been the most awful weather here, high winds and raining, so I've not ventured out either today or yesterday. I do hate the wind, so destructive.

However staying in let me get get some housework done and the latest cards for the Christmas Card Club. Where have the last two weeks gone! Time is certainly not standing still is it.

So, our lovely Rachel was in charge on choosing the theme and she want's to see cards with some humour, here's what I've come up with;
Both of my cards use images by Little Claire and coloured with Prisma Colour Pencils. Now perhaps they fall more to the cute theme, but the beach huts for the Christmas Holidays make me chuckle, there is one for Rudolph, one for Santa and one for Mrs' Clause. I'm not sure whether they had their holiday before the Big Day or after it was all over, but it's good there was snow and they could build a snowman.

This is one of my favourite Little Claire images, I just love the fact that the snowmen have their own shop for scarves and hats, they so many lovely bright scarves to choose from and a few different styles of hats, no reason for snowmen to be poorly dressed. Both have been coloured on Strathmore paper for colour pencils, and I found a paper pad that I'd not used in a while for this card. Instead of cutting the image out, I ripped the paper, just for a bit of interest and inked the edges in black ink. 
Clear gems and shimmer pen have been used on both cards.

I hope you like them Rachel, I enjoyed the challenge so thank you for your choice.

Well that's me for now, please watch out for my team mates cards they are always fabulous.
Take care, keeps safe, stay home,

33 comments:

scrappymo! said...

Hi Kate.
Hope you are both keeping well, even with all that rain.

Your cards made me grin. I love them both. They are very cute and fun!

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kate
We have hot sunshine this morning ...already lots of people on the beach ...
You have made some fabulous cards
Hugs Sylvie xx

aussie aNNie said...

Fun and fabulous card Kate, I can 'see' you making this and thoroughly enjoying it.x

brenda said...

I saw the beach huts first and though oh for the beach and then the snowman and it did bring a smile to my face, such fun Kate.

B x

meg said...

two fabulous fun cards Kate, perhaps the beach huts magically transform the snow to sand when the doors are opened, and snowmen do need somewhere to buy hats and scarves

dutchess said...

Hi Kate...two great humorous card for the challenge...the scale and hat shop made me chuckle....
Just the high winds here and no rain which we desperately need....take care xxx

Rita said...

Good Morning Kate. Like you I really don't like the wind, especial when it rains as well.Getting used to being locked in too.
Fabulous cards and as always your colouring is perfect. Enjoy your day indoors and just do what you feel like doing. Hugs Rita xxx

Crafting Queen said...

Two great card. Really love the images, so different. x

Jules said...

Hi Kate

Your weather sounds very much like ours at the moment .. .. though the wind seems to have dropped a little this morning.

Two fun cards. Love the beach huts!

Enjoy the rest of your bank holiday weekend.

Love Jules xx

gwen70 said...

Love both your cards, they gave me a smile this morning xx

cotnob said...

Two super cards Kate, fun scenes - jolly snowmen.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Fabulous cards Kate and I love the idea of using Beach huts on a Christmas card. Take care of yourself and stay safe. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

Karen Dunbrook said...

what adorable and fun cards for the holidays mf...love their unique humour.
xx Karen

Jennifer Johnston said...

Loving these cards Kate and reading your post brought
a smile to my face on an otherwise dull, wet dreary day lol!
it really cheered me up, so thanks for that. Beach huts and snowmen don't generally go together but this one really works !! just love it.
Hopefully if what the weather forecasters say is true....the weather is due to get much better, let's hope so. As I write this, the sun has put in an appearance....yeah! Take care Kate, keep safe and well.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Diane said...

Two super cute colored card designs Kate. Sorry your weather is so horrible right now.

Hugs diane

Linda Simpson said...

Brilliant card Kate, they made me chuckle.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah your cards are both brilliant, they did make me laugh too, especially the one at the shop!! How sweet. Its been very windy here but tonight its settled. Looks like summer!! Hazel x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Hi Kate I absolutely love your cards, and yes they make me chuckle. Love you ripped the paper on the one, looks great. As for rain, we have beautiful sunshine and the wind has died down a bit, hasn't it been awful? Enjoy your Bank Holiday, especially now you know there is one LOL.
Take care
Faith x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

These are so cute and fun! Someone will feel lucky to get a one of a kind Christmas card like these!

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Send us some rain but we have had lots of windy weather for a couple of days but having to water the garden. Two fin cards. I remember when The hat and scarf shop stamp came out when I was on the DT and thought it was a fun one

Pop's Cards said...

I love these such cute images, especially love the one shopping at the hat and scarf shop, that made me giggle, hugs Pops x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

What a fab selection of cards. I especially like the snowman with the beach huts x

Sue said...

Well, Kate both cards worked, they put a smile on my face this early Monday Morning. The beach scene is so fun and the snowman shop is adorable,can see why it is one of your favs. Holiday here, but like you being retired, everyday is a day off.........

Hugs
Sue

Margarets designer cards said...

Two wonderful cards, great images
I am so sorry your weather has been bad up there, down here in the West Country it’s been lovely and quite hot,
We are asking people not to visit but knowing what the general public are like No doubt they will be down here in their numbers, there is nothing open not even the loos, and yet they still come.
I agree with you we don’t get bank holidays and if it was not fir the calendar we would not know when they are,

Wendy L said...

I get your humour, lovely cards , xxxxx

pam said...

Wonderful cards Kate, I`m still not venturing out! least I can craft all day.
Pam x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Both cards are fabulous ones for the theme Kate, love those images.
Lorraine

Lorraine said...

Two fabulous cards Kate, I love the snowman in front of the beach huts it reminds me of Llanbedrog beach.
Lorraine x

Valerija said...

Fabulous Christmas cards. Love the fun images.
Valerija xx

Mrs A. said...

The hate and scarf shop is absolutely brilliant and I love how you tore the paper and inked the edges up. Did make me smile. Like you never know when the bank holidays are. Saw it mentioned on another blog and The Doc had to go and check the calendar just to make sure. Hugs Mrs A.

Darnell said...

These are both so fun and cute, Kate, and your pencil color is awesome! Those vacation beach huts for the Clauses and Rudolph are a hoot! And what great snowman builders they are! I also love your snowman millinery! What a great idea to tear and ink the image panel and I love the background! Stay well! Hugs, Darnell

Marlene Atkinson said...

When I first saw this it made me smile, love it. Marlene

MiamiKel said...

Ohhh it's a Florida snowman with those beach huts! Your pencil work is superb! What a fun duo of holiday cards, Kate! xo