Sunday 10 May 2020

A Door or a Window for the CCC!

Hello there Everyone, how's your weekend going...well I hope and hopefully you still have the sunshine with you, we have rain, I guess the gardens need it.

Well the Choral Society concert should have been tonight, and right now I would have been at Eden Court theater in a rehearsal. What someone from the Choral has come up with is that if we want to get our practice tapes, CD of the music..which is Haydn's Creation, or a You Tube video and sing. We won't hear anyone else, it's not on zoom or anything, but it's just to keep spirits up by singing a wonderful piece of music, and a way of thinking about some of our choir members too.

Alistair has signed up to do Nicola Benedetti's workshops. She is a wonderful young Scottish Violinist, she won Young Musician of the Year a number of years ago, and she is offering these workshops online free. Alistair is spending hours watching her, she is a fantastic teacher he says, only thing is that at his age so many bad habits have been formed, but he's still learning lots. Obviously the downside of this that there is much more fiddling going on with screechy exercises , but I'll get my own back to night with my singing lol.

Anyway, it's time for the Christmas Card Club girls to show their latest creations, and this time it's Margaret who has chosen the theme, Doors and or Windows, with the Anything Goes as a standby if you have nothing to make the themed card with.

A decoupage card from a sheet I found in my stash, I've glittered it up and mounted it on to a copper glitter card. Paper is from a lovely pad from The Works. Sentiment from a Creative Stamping Magazine, and a few red gems to finish off.

My second card uses a Little Claire  image and sentiment, coloured with Copic Markers and gold gel pen and some Star Dust, red and green Stickles.  A stenciled background with DI. I do love that wee goose.

My final card 
Sheena Douglass image and coloured with Copic Markers and some sparkle pen. I've mounted it on to blue card, then an embossed white card, finally some blue glitter card. Sentiment is from a First Edition die, cut twice in white and one in blue glitter paper to give a shadow effect.  blue gems to finish.
 It was a lovely challenge and I very much enjoyed it Margaret so thank you.  Thank you to everyone who commented on my last card, as always I appreciated the time it takes.

I would love to say check out my CCC team mates who are on my side bar, but I can't as they aren't there, and that's because, I don't know how to do it. A few years ago I did have them there, and I thought I had the names linked to their blogs but I didn't. So if anyone could tell me how to do that I'd be really pleased.  Anyhoo, I'm sure you all know who the girls are so do comment on their creations as they are always fabulous.

That's all for now, off to schedule this post for tomorrow, so take care, stay safe and see you soon,

31 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

These are all fabulous creative and colourful cards...
You need to go to your 'design' on the top of your tool bar, though I can't see it myself. Go to add a gadget and choose Configure Blog List from the drop down menu, then add your teamies and links to their blogs...
Hope that helps...xx

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely cards. Love the little duck at the door. x

Lorraine said...

A fabulous selection of Christmas cards Kate. You must have quite a stash made already. I had the intention to do them at the start of the year.......but...haven't quite managed it!
Lorraine x

Rita said...

Beautiful cards Kate. Love them all. Good Luck with the singing too, at least it keeps your vocal chords in good order. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxxx

dutchess said...

three gorgeous cards Kate...I do so love that little Claire image....they are all lovely....take care xxxx

gwen70 said...

Wow you have been busy all gorgeous cards xx

meg said...

Gorgeous selection of cards Kate. The colours and traditional image in the first are beautiful and the others more contemporary and fun

Jules said...

Hi Kate

Lovely Christmas cards .. .. they are all beautiful but my eyes are drawn to the last one. So lovely.

I hope you manage to get your team-mates onto your sidebar! Not something I have ever done so can't help you. Sorry!

Love Jules xx

Christine Harrop said...

Three terrific cards Kate, all different, all great. I think the Little Claire on might be my favourite (if somebody twisted my arm) because of the goose. Hope it's not Christmas dinner!!!!! Hugs Christine xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous selection of cards today Kate, lovely festive images and designs.
Lorraine

Margarets designer cards said...

Three fabulous cards, I love your image on all the cards,
We still have a warm day but its clouded over now with a chilly wind. hope the sunshine comes back for you

cotnob said...

Fabulous cards Kate, a lovely scene and super front doors.
Enjoy your singing tonight.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Linda Simpson said...

These are fabulous Kate, love the images and designs.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Three beautiful card Kate and I especially like the first one. It has such a wonderful, traditional feel x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a wonderful set of cards Kate, I should get on with Christmas cards! They all give off a wonderful feeling.
Keep safe and well
Faith x

rachel said...

these are wonderful Kate - I think I have both the last two stamps - really wish I'd thought about them - your makes are wonderful! Hugs rachel xx

Mac Mable said...

So glad you are both coping with the singing and fiddling in these uncertain times Kate x. All three cards are wonderful. The extra glitter on the first looks extra pretty x.

Mrs A. said...

3 super door cards. Love each of them equally. The long lockdown is not one I wish to give up in a hurry. Am slowly finding everything we need on line so can't see the point in us going out. The garden is looking lovely now and The Doc has been busy putting all the lights out (that's what he needed all the batteries for) so at dusk it looks a bit like never never land. If the planes were still flying I expect they would be helping to guide them onto the run way. Will Teallach being joining in or will it be a paws over the ears tonight !! Stay safe and well and enjoy your singing. hugs Mrs A.

Diane said...

Gorgeous selection of cards and glitter Kate.

Hugs diane

Wendy L said...

Lovely cards Kate especially the1st one, a wonderful snowy cottage.

We had a horrendous thunderstorm Sunday morning, just as I was walking Rico, so his walk got cut short. Alot of flooding.
Stay safe and enjoy your singing, xxx

Valerija said...

Beautiful Kate...adorable images and I love the pretty papers...what gorgeous cards.
Valerija xx

brenda said...

Two more lovely cards Kate, when I visit your Christmas posts I always think it's such a great way to make an early start on he makes.

B x

MiamiKel said...

Wow Kate! Each one of your card trio is just amazing but I have to say that wee goose is getting top prize! That's super cute! What a fun challenge - I just may have something to play along! I love that you are still singing - it does lift the spirits and LOL, your post has me giggling with Alistair and the screeching violin, LOL! xx

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

It's so lovely seeing traditional Christmas cards, especially the first card Kate, they all are gorgeous

Enjoy your singing and good luck with violin screeching!

June x

Pop's Cards said...

Wow these are just so pretty, I love the cute images, hugs Pops x

scrappymo! said...

I think your choral group needs to embrace Zoom or one of the other online meeting apps! Then you could hear the sound of the blended voices!

But better to sing than not at all...

I had a giggle at the thought of your DH practicing. The cat will be running for the hills if it sounds like you described!

Your cards are wonderful I especially love the last one. IT looks so welcoming and pretty.

The goose was so sweet in the other on as I enjoyed the wee Wellies on her feet.

pam said...

Beautiful cards Kate.
Pam x

Birgit said...

Your 3 cards are so pretty and not sure which one I like over the other b cause all are so great looking. I hope you got some good information on how to put it on the side..the names of your group. I would have no clue how to do that. I’m glad this girl is teaching people how to play the violin. Good luck in your musical household.

Granmargaret said...

Lovely cards

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Kate, love all three cards, they are so lovely. I keep meaning to put the links in my sidebar too- I'll have a go during the week, and if I figure it out successfully, I'll let you know how I did it. Hugs, Shaz X

Pat said...

Your three cards fit the theme beautifully Kate, and I love the chocolate box cottage on the first and a super background paper too, and who could resist the goose with its scarf and spotted wellies, and then the beautiful red door with the wreath and of course some prettily wrapped parcels on the doorstep. x