Monday 18 May 2020

A Bunch of Pink Tulips!

Hello Everyone,  gosh a new week already, we might be locked down but the days and weeks are rolling by just as quickly. I do hope you are continuing to be well and safe.

We had a lovely walk along the canal this morning, we walked along to the sea lock and back the other side. We did have to travel to the other side of the town, but so worth it for me to see the sea as it's one of the things I've been missing. I find the sea so calming and could sit for hours just watching it, so that was lovely and that will sustain me for a while.

Thank you everyone who left such lovely comments on my last card, it was one of those fun ones to make.
Back to flowers today;
This lovely digital image is from Beccy Muir, it's the second time I've used it, and it's such a fabulous image that I can see it being coloured up loads of times.
This time I've used Copic Markers and a sentiment from Clearly Besotted. I decided to mat on to scalloped edged card and I've added as usual little clear gems.. I am pleased to say that the recipient loved it.

I'm waiting for my food delivery from Morrisons, and I have to say that I have been very pleased with it.They let you know if items are missing and if they have substituted them. This time they have and unfortunately it's a cat food that my fussy boy won't eat....that's Teallach not Alistair lol. I'll see if Damian's cats will eat it if not I'll take it  back. 

Talk about cats, the stuff  bought to try and prevent Teallach scratching seems to be working, he hasn't gone near the chair and where he used to scratch on the carpets he's stopped that too. I'd bought a solution to put on his scratching pole that is supposed to encourage him to use it.....he never been near it, he's a strange wee cat, but love him to bits.

So, that's me for now, keep yourselves healthy and safe, and we'll come out the other end of this lockdown hopefully better than we went in to it, see you soon,

21 comments:

Diane said...

Just a beautiful image, framing and design Kate. Your walk sounds so delightful.

Hugs Diane

Marlene Atkinson said...

This is beautiful Kate, love the Tulips. We had a lovely walk on Saturday, up the hill to Milton Of Leys, you get some beautiful views from up there, throughly enjoyed it. Marlene

Linda Simpson said...

Stunning card Kate, the image is gorgeous and beautifully coloured too.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Crafting Queen said...

Love how you coloured Beccy's image, beautiful. Great card. x

Hazel (Didos) said...

What a lovely card, I love those pink tulips they are so pretty. Our cats are always chopping and changing their minds about what they want to eat. We frequently swap foods from my house to my folks. (When we are allowed to go near each other!!) Hope alls well, Hazelxx

dutchess said...

That’s a lovely image Kate and beautiful colours......having a day doing the washing and in the garden... bliss...take care xxx

Mac Mable said...

What a happy card and so very pretty Kate x. Glad you managed to get a Morrisons order and glad the 'stuff' is working with Teallach x.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Gorgeous colouring Kate, the watering can really looks like aluminium. A beautiful image as you say. Glad you got to the sea, I miss it too. Our neighbour has been taking regular trips to walk there, even though we are in lockdown. Makes you wonder doesn't it?
Take care
Faith x

meg said...

your image is stunning Kate the watering can has a "shine" to it, love the colours and layout

Rainey's Craft Room said...

That's such a gorgeous image Kate and beautifully coloured too.
Lorraine

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful post and great colours on this interesting card. nice to read you were able to go for a lovely walk...lovely. We didn't walk last couple of days as Monte, at 14 mths old has been diagnosed with arthritis to his whole body, they say he was born with it. So much for paying a breeder a lot of money for a good healthy dog...he will be still loved...xx

brenda said...

It really is a beautiful Tulip image Kate and you have chosen lovely colours for them.

B x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Beautiful card, really cheery. Your walk sounds lovely. I am missing the sea but about a 40 min drive for us and with no toilets open at the mo means we won’t be going.

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

What a pretty card, love the pink x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kate, a lovely stamp and pretty colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jennifer Johnston said...

Such a gorgeous card Kate. Love the image, makes me feel happy looking at it and you have coloured it so beautifully.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Pat said...

You have coloured these tulips beautifully Kate and you have made the metal watering can look so shiny, and love the pretty scalloped edge mats which look great. Glad your spray seems to have the desired effect and hope it lasts, and also it was lovely that you managed a walk by the canal out to the sea. I like you do love the look and sound of the sea, although I don't like boats much, unless it is extremely calm. Take care. x

Crafting Queen said...

Hi Kate, Flower (cat) was yawning not angry. lol

Karen Dunbrook said...

so beautiful Kate, my tulips are just starting to come to life....they give such a magnificent show.
xx Karen

Mia said...

I am glad you walked to the canal, Kate. It must have been very relaxing.
And I am glad to see that Teallach is not scratching any more. Let's hope that he will not start it again!
Beccy has lovely images and you used beautiful one on this lovely card. I love the bright fucshia color too! Kisses, my friend.

Sue said...

Gorgeous coloring on this fabulous image. Love a watering can full of beautiful flowers, such a pretty card. The scalloped edges looks so pretty too.

Hugs
Sue