Monday 4 May 2020

Flower Vine!

Hello Everyone, hope everyone is doing okay and managing to stay positive and safe, not always easy to do, but gotta persevere. 
I felt quite anxious and angry this morning, and I'm not sure what was going on, nothing that  I can account for and I certainly hadn't heard any latest news, so I put it down to just having a wee blip. I'm absolutely fine now. There was obviously something going n in my sub conscience.

Anyway, thank you for the lovely comments on my last card, I very much appreciate them.

Here is my card for today;
This lovely stamp is from Altenew called Flower Vine, it comes with two stamps almost the same, I've used the larger of the two, there is also a coordinating die . I decided to colour it in shades of blue and I've used my new Altenew Artist water colour paints....absolutely love them, the pigment is fabulous and the colours in this pallet are gorgeous. 
Clearly Besotted stencil with   DI for a background and a sentiment from Clearly Besotted.
I've added Liquid Pixi Dust for a bit of shimmer and a few clear gems.

Well I ventured into the online grocery shopping at the weekend and I have to say I was very impressed with Morrisons, they arrived on time, only two items missing which they didn't substitute which pleased me as I might not have been happy with the substitute. I felt that it was quite easy to navigate the site and I had no problem getting a slot, mind you I selected  almost week ahead. I will certainly using their service again.

I had to go out to the big pet store this morning to see if I could get something to stop Teallach from scratching one of our good chairs. He has always been a scratcher, and he's ruined carpets, a foot stool and my curtains, but I've always expected him to grow out of it, but he's almost 7 years old now, so I guess the behaviour is established now. Teallach was a wee rescue cat and was a year old when we adopted him, so I don't know what that first year was like, but he was a very nervous cat and he still is to an extent.  Anyhoo, I spent a fortune on Feliway products , a thing you plug in and it's supposed to help him relax with the pheromones that's in the solution, a spray to put on the chair, and a solution  to put on his scratching pole....oh yes he does have one, but the wee blighter won't use it. 
I love him to bits, but this scratching gets me down....who'd have pets!  Lets hope it works.
Here he is....butter wouldn't melt, lol.

Well, that's all for now, take care of yourselves and see you soon,
 I'd like to enter my card into;
http://theflowerchallenge.blogspot.com/2020/05/the-flower-challenge-44-monochrome.html   
and into;
http://sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.com/2020/05/may-say-it-with-flowers.html

28 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card, love the background colours. I love your beautiful kitty cat. I hope the Feliway. x

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous background on this card which showcases the floral display beautifully.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Your card is lovely. I like the multicolor stenciling and the flower is so pretty too.

I’m glad you were able to get your shopping done. I hope you have good luck with your cat. My sister’s cat is a scratcher and is too old to learn new tricks so he uses the couch to scratch!

I know some days are inexplicably worse for me too. Yesterday I was just in a bad mood for no reason.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super, what a great card, I love the pretty vine on it. I have some special powders I get for Belles anxiety and you can use it on kittys too, just mix it in their food. Its meant to be like their Mums milk. Its called Zylkene. She has a calming collar on just now too as loosing Felix,, getting a new kitty then the lockdown totally stressed her out. Hope your kittys scratching stops soon.Hes beautiful xx Love Hazelxx

scrappymo! said...

Your card is so pretty Love the background you created too!

My daughter used to spray the cat with water if it scratched furniture. I do not know if it worked completely, but I barely notice any scratches these days...so it did work to some degree...

pam said...

Beautiful card Kate, hope the products work for your kitty.
Hugs Pam x

meg said...

a gorgeous card Kate I find the shades of blue very calming, our monster is guilty of clawing the carpets and knows he shouldn't, when you shout his name he stops immediately and turns his back to you

Mia said...

I am a cat lover too, Kate. And Teallach is soooo beautiful! Give him a hug from me, OK?
And what a beautiful card you made, my friend. Gorgeous background and this stamp pops up great!
So, you are satisfied with your Altenew Artist water colours paints. I will remember it. I use my Winsor and Newton water colours paints and I am happy with their pigment. I have heard that also Jane Davenport's water colours paints are of high quality. Kisses!

dutchess said...

What a pretty card Kare...that stamp is lovely and you have had fun creating your background....
We ventured out to the supermarket at lunch time today ...the perfect time to go only 2 other people queued...it’s one in and one out down here...but managed to get everything..I have given up trying to get online slots there are none up for the next 3 week...so we have to go out,no choice....not if we want to eat.we seem to be getting used to staying home and at least feel safe....take care xxx

Diane said...

Fabulous background and what a stunning design Kate. What a naughty little adorable Cat. He certainly looks innocence enough in your picture.

Hugs Diane

Jules said...

Hi Kate

What a beautiful card. I love the stencil work in the background very much.

Pleased you managed a successful on-line shop and you were happy with the service. That's good to hear.

Love Jules xx

aussie aNNie said...

What a cheeky pussy cat, so cute.
We all have days like that Kate, I have but pull my self out of it quickly and craft..as it's getting winter here it's not hard to just put the heater on and craft...Love your card. The blue tones are so pretty. The Altenew paints are way too expensive from here to purchase so am happy with the ones I have.xx

Birgit said...

Love your card which is so pretty and cheerful with the blues. I have to look up these paints you used. Your cat is so sweet and totally unapologetic...hahahaaa. Our Kaspar has redecorated the wallpaper, which needs to go anyway but not just right this minute plus he has used our trim as his scratching post. We have more than one post but..nope and he seems to do this to get attention. I’m on Instagram and have a brief video showing his handiwork.

Valerija said...

Gorgeous card, the image is fabulous, love the colours and background too.
Valerija xx

brenda said...

I think it's only normal that we get these "blips" Kate, I now I do and I think they are born our of sheer frustration and the feeling of impotence this whole World situation imposes on us all.

But you card is lovely (and would fit in a treat at Stamping Sensations, I love how you have graduated the blues of the background - at first I thought it was a die placed over the inking, so effective.

B x

Christine Harrop said...

Really lovely card Kate. A super stamp and your background is gorgeous. I guess we all have a day when we feel a bit low so don't worry too much. You bounced back quickly which is the main thin. Good luck with the cat scratching ... lol! Hugs Christine xx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Kate, the flower stamp is really pretty and I love the background too perfect for those flowers
Lorraine x

Marlene Atkinson said...

A beautiful card, love the colours, our Hobbes is the same he has ripped our carpets and curtains and he's 17 he's not as bad as he used to be. Marlene

Pop's Cards said...

Your card is beautiful I love the background you have created for those flowers...

We have the same problem with 6 of them its the bottom stair and the armchair, I bought new posts and toys and plugins and sprays and they carried on wrecking, until I spilt some Olbus oil whilst trying to put it on a tissue, I wiped it of the armchair with a baby wipe but they hated them smell and have left it alone, so I popped a little on the bottom stair to then wiped it off, but they know it was there problem solved for me :0)

Hugs Pops x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Know what you mean about a blip! I think we are all having them due to these times? I LOVE your card Kate, lovely flowers and the stencil is a beautiful touch, Love it in the blues too. Don't know if it would work for the cat, but to stop our dog going onto the furniture we were told to put plastic on them, it worked. I wonder if some plastic additions would help in your problem area, the noisiest plastic you have?
Keep safe and well
Faith x

Wendy L said...

I love your card, so beautiful .
Talking of pets Rico has had a bad tummy so lots of cleaning up, thank goodness we are mostly tiled floor !!!!!!

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kate, such a pretty stamp and lovely background.
I hope your scratch deterrent works, he does look sweet though!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sue said...

Beautiful card, Kate, the stenciled background is perfect for the beautiful flowers. Lovely painting too. Your boy is a charmer, so handsome.

Hugs
Sue

MiamiKel said...

OH lookie at Teallach - just modeling all so cute! I hope your trip to the store got just what you needed - and I hope you feel better. We all have those days!
Your card - WOW! Love the painted background and the lovely Altenew flower - are you taking their classes? They offered a few classes that looked pretty fun! Hugs! xx

Joan said...

Beautiful card, love the stencilling and background.

We have two rescue cats, had them eight years now and they have ripped my sofa to bits, tried everything but nothing worked so as long as they leave the rest of the furniture alone the sofa is theirs !


Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month

Joan

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Gorgeous card Kate, I love blue!

I hope you get sorted so that Teallach stops scratching your belongings, good luck!

June x

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Gorgeous lattice background for your flowers, love the colors and layout.
Thank you for playing at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE.
Hugs.
Maria/DT

PS. I have a kitty too, she's 2 years old and she's a scratcher.
I read on Google once that putting aluminum foil, (use the thick one) on the part of your furniture your cat is scratching might deterr him from doing it, they just don't like the noise.
Try it, good luck.

Pat said...

I love the blue tones you have used with the pretty flowers and background stencilling Kate and is perfect for the monochrome challenge. Hope your spray helps to stopp Teallach from scratching the chair and carpet. He looks like a real character..lol. x