Wednesday 30 October 2019

Kerr's Birthday Card!

Hello Everyone, I hope you are well and that your week's going well.
Pretty damn cold here this morning, although beautifully sunny,  getting a bit dull now though.

Thank you for all the lovely comments on my Christmas cards, you are so kind and I do appreciate your visits and comments.

Nothing Christmas today, a birthday card for my friend Dale's Grandson, who will be 16 on his birthday next week. I can hardly believe he's reach this age as I remember holding him when he came home from hospital, where have all the years gone????

It's always difficult to find designs for teenager boys, and his only hobby is gaming with his computer thingy and I've already done that. So, I ended up with this LOTV Oliver image Studying, quite apt as Kerr is a very clever young lad and has always done well at school. I do like these Oliver images because he looks rather like Kerr, who is very tall and very slim, and has the same shaped face as Oliver. Anyway, Copic colouring, DI and an Embossilicious EF. I gold gelled the stars on it and added a little WoS  to the lamp. I hope he likes it.

Well it's a short post today, got a bit of ironing to do before I get too tired, so I'll love you and leave you and hope to be back soon,

19 comments:

meg said...

A great card for a teen Kate love your colouring and layout

Lorraine said...

A brilliant boys card Kate. Love the stamp and fab design
Lorraine x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Really great card, I think the words in the background are a good choice for a teen also. I agree, it does get hard those years to think of card ideas. Last year I did a kit and gave cards from the kit to all the teen boys. Have a good day!

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant post and fabulous design, trying to play 'catch up' after being away.xx

Marlene Atkinson said...

A brilliant boy's card, lotv do some lovely boys images. Marlene

Mrs A. said...

Your a star Kate,. You have just sorted the problem I had of what card to make for my other grandsons birthday in December. This Oliver image is perfect for him especially as that is also his name. Love how you have made this card especially like the embossed background. Hugs Mrs A.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such lovely image and design! The embossing looks fabulous and your colouring is so pretty!
Hugs

brenda said...

As always a really lovely creation Kate and a great image. just been catching up and apols for lack of visits, I hope you mouth is on the mend and less painful now.

B x

Mac Mable said...

A perfect tennager card and glad it also looks like Dale's Grandson x

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card Kate, love the image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Jennifer Johnston said...

A great card for a teenager Kate, loving the embossed
background and the image is modern and really cool. I'm
sure this young man will just love it. Hope you managed
to get your ironing done Kate. I have to admit, I find
ironing is something of a chore lol! I can think of better
things to do, like crafting lol! Have an enjoyable
weekend whatever you may be doing.
Love & Hugs Jennifer xx.

Cristina said...

Hola Kate! Es cierto que para los chicos es más difícil realizar una decoración, tu tarjeta te quedó preciosa, muy dulce la imagen y un fondo muy bonito, seguro que le encantó!
Yo me echo las manos a la cabeza en cada cumpleaños... qué rápido pasa el tiempo!
Un besito!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kate what a lovely card for your friends grandson,beautiful work my friend xx

Jules said...

Hi Kate

A great card for a teenager .. .. I agree we do get stuck when it comes to these cards. They don't all like football and music do they!!

Hope you have a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

cotnob said...

A super card Kate, a fabulous image and great colouring.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sue said...

What a nice image for a young man turning 16. Colored up beautifully and loving the background too, Kate. You are so thoughtful and kind, I am sure that he loved it.

Hugs
Sue

Pat said...

A brilliant image for your friend's grandson and love the way you have coloured it Kate and I'm sure he will have loved it. x

Karen Dunbrook said...

cute and fun card.
xx Karen

wannabcre8tive said...

A very cute card. Awesome coloring.