Sunday 3 November 2019

Wedding Card!

Hello Everyone, I hope all is well with you and that you have better weather than we have here. The whole weekend has been wet and miserable, and so dull. However, it is only weather and hopefully you are enjoying the weekend whatever you're doing.

Yesterday was my Choral concert, so it was a long day with a practice in the afternoon ahead of the evening performance.  Our programme was Rossini's Stabat Mater and Vivaldi's Credo, with our fabulous young soloists singing arias from operas.  The audience received our performance well, thank goodness the bad weather didn't keep them away. My main worry was that my legs would let me down...pardon the pun, but I got through it with the help of some painkillers, it was the getting up from sitting that was difficult and trying to straighten my legs, but Alistair said I didn't look awkward. Anyhoo, we enjoyed it all and on Monday night we'll hear what our conductor Gordon thought of it.

Thank you for your kind comments on my last card.

Our friend Dougie asked me to make a wedding card for his Grandaughter who was married last week. I have to say my heart wasn't really in it due to the pain in my legs, especially as I tend to stand to craft, and also I just wasn't getting much inspiration for it, but I didn't want to let our friend down. Here is what I came up with;
LOTV image and coloured with Copic markers, and I found the lovely background paper in The Range, it's a company I'd not heard of The Paper Boutique and this range is Natures Gift. As the wedding was in Autumn I tried to keep to Autumn sort of colours and this paper just fitted in fine. The flowers are by Little Birdie and I used one of the gorgeous pins that are made by Wendy...Spanish Crafter. 
As always I also make a box for the card;
and of course a bag to put them into;
The sentiment was from Creative Stamping magazine.

Now Dougie liked the set, but unfortunately he didn't manage to go to the wedding as he is another friend who is in very ill health, and as the wedding was in England it was all too much for him o get there. Anyway I hope his Granddaughter liked it.

It's a quiet day for me today, just pottering around the house, so I'll say cheerio for now and hope to be back soon, take care of yourselves,





26 comments:

dutchess said...

Gorgeous card and bag Kate.....I know the feeling sometimes inspiration is just slow coming along .....it’s cold and sunny here today such a wonderful break from all the rain...take care xxxx

MásQueRopa said...

Ohhh 💕💕💕

meg said...

perfect colours for an autumn wedding Kate, the background paper and embellishments tone beautifully with the image.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow what a gorgeous card, box and matching gift bag Kate, such a lovely gift in itself to receive. What a shame that Dougie could not go to the wedding but I'm sure the couple to be absolutely loved their card.
Lorraine

Linda Simpson said...

These are fabulous Kate, love the card and sweet image. I hope you have had a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

MiamiKel said...

Kate, your card is just gorgeous and the matching gift bag - it's a perfect set! I'm glad you stuck in there to make your friend a card for his special wedding couple - you are a sweet soul! The concert sounds like it went off well and I can almost hear those angelic voices drifting from the rafters - feel better, my friend! I, too, am walking (as my kids say, like Frankenstein) sideways since I need a hip replacement but onward! Hugs! xo

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! your card is beautiful, I'm sure they will treasure it. Sorry to hear your in pain, hope that gets cleared up soon. Your concert sounds wonderful.
Faith x

brenda said...

It's a really beautiful Wedding card Kate and so prettily embellished with the Little Birdie flowers and one of Wendy's pins, I am sure it was very well received.

B x

Mac Mable said...

So glad your legs held out for the choral concert, which sounded a hit x What a fabulous wedding card, box and bag. You are so creative and what a unique and amazing set x. I am sure Dougie's granddaughter loved it x.

pam said...

Beautiful card Kate, even if your heart wasn't in it! I stand to craft too,
Pam x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous wedding card Kate, lovely design
I hope your legs are better now.
Lorraine x

Jennifer Johnston said...

What a stunning card, box and bag Kate. The addition of the pearls make this a perfect wedding card. I'm sure Dougie's Granddaughter loved it, such a special card and the happy couple will treasure it for many years to come. Hope the pain in your legs has eased now. Take care lovely lady.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

cotnob said...

A beautiful card and matching box Kate, a pretty image and lovely design.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mrs A. said...

A gorgeous set Kate even though you wern’t up to really making anything. Hope your legs are getting better. Hugs Mrs A.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!!! Such amazing set for a wedding, Kate!!!! LOVE the card, the box and the bag, they are all full of elegant and sweet details!! Very well done!!

aussie aNNie said...

Wow, Kate, so adorable lovely colours and stamp..xx

Valerija said...

Your card, box and bag are beautiful. Love the papers and all the details. Great image and colouring too.
Valerija xx

Margarets designer cards said...

Gorgeous card, I hope she had better weather than we have had over the last few weeks.

Pop's Cards said...

They are all beautiful, our Range has nothing like this, or maybe hubby is not looking n the right places, he often does that, hugs Pops x

Darnell said...

I'm sure she loved it, Kate! For not having much inspiration, you sure created a gorgeous wedding ensemble that they will keep always!! I'm sorry to hear you are in such pain. I don't know the cause, but I have had the symptoms and Lyrica (pregabalin) really gave me back my will to live. Of course it might be entirely inappropriate for your situation, but one never knows when a word might help someone else! Sending love and get-better-hugs and I hope you found out that Gordon was pleased!! Darnell

Donna Ellis said...

What a beautiful wedding keepsake, Kate! I know the bride and groom will be delighted with such a thoughtful gift. hugs, de

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kate wow all these wedding cards are stunning,beautiful work Kate,well done xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Fabulous card and beautifully packaged. Glad the concert went well but sorry your legs are causing such problems. I have a lovely comfy office chair for crafting, couldn’t craft standing up. Maybe you need to try sitting down to help ease the pain

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

It's a beautiful card Kate and I love how you've embellished it with those pretty flowers x

Sue said...

Stunnng card, box and bag, I am sure your friend was thrilled with it and his Granddaughter too. A lovely make, Kate. Hope you are feeling better soon. My knees have been hurting and no idea what I did, just old age I guess.

Hugs
Sue

Pat said...

What a fabulous set of card, box and bag all beautifully done Kate and I'm sure Dougie was over the moon with it. I adore the pretty papers, and sad too that Dougie was not well enough to go to the wedding. x