Thursday 14 November 2019

Christmas !

Good Evening Everyone, I hope you have had a good day and now enjoying your evening.

I've had a quiet day as Alistair was up a mountain and I had planned to go into town, but then I didn't bother, I don't really know why I thought I wanted to go and as I would have spent money....needlessly, I thought better of it and stayed put. I'm not yet ready to do Christmas shopping, it's getting harder and harder to think of gifts for Damian and Moreen as I've done it all, how many handbags, scarfs and gloves can I give Mo, and Damian is just as equally difficult to buy for. I'll maybe have inspiration nearer the big day.

Another little Christmas card made with bits and bobs found in my stash, some of it older than the pyramids lol;
I'm afraid I haven't a clue what any of this is now, even the sentiment die I had already cut out some time ago, and now don't have the die, so I don't know what it says, I can make out the peace and joy, but goodness knows what it says in the middle. Anyhoo, once I'd put it all together I was quite please with how it turned out, what do you think?

Well, had my long awaited GP appointment yesterday with the results of the X-ray, and absolutely nothing showed up, I couldn't believe it. No Arthritis in the knee and no crystals , so the gout meds are doing their job. So why all the pain?? apparently I have something called Anterior Knee Pain. which just means front knee pain. Was told it was a bit of a mystery thing. It can take months or years to clear up. However, it's not something that's progressive and I don't need a new knee....I was worried about that.  So what do I do, well, the surgery has now it's own physio so I've got an appointment to see her her this coming Monday and she will hopefully be able to advise me on exercise to build up the muscle around the knee.  So there we are all that pain and I feel not much explanation for it.  I'm still not able to walk all that far and I seem to stagger and stumble  too. So we'll see how Monday goes. Thank you once again for your kind comments and well wishes.

Thank you too for your lovely comments on my last cards, I do appreciate each and every one of them.

That's all for now, Alistair has made a cuppa, so I'm going to settle down with it and watch a bit of TV, cheerio for now,
   

19 comments:

brenda said...

Does the middle perhaps say 'goodwill &'? Whatever it's a pretty Christmas card Kate.

B x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

The snowman is too cute. I like the texture in the background too. Glad that you don’t need a new knee!

Mrs A. said...

I can't Make out what the middle word is either! Card has come together perfectly though. Good to hear that the gout pills are working for you. Hugs Mrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

wow this is fabulous. The colours and that stamp is just so good as is your colouring and design.Our bodies are funny and pain is one of the things we have to deal with, hope all goes well soon...no pain..x

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Kate.
Sounds like a nice quiet day for you. Xxx

Valerija said...

Beautiful background to your gorgeous snowman. Love your card.
Valerija xx

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Cute snowman Kate and I really like the die cut at the bottom of your card

Great news you don't have to have a knee replacement. It's over 3 years since mine and now the other knee is starting to 'play up'

Have a great weekend

June :)

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Cute snowman Kate and so like the die cut at the bottom of your card

Good news not having to have a knee replacement

Have a good weekend

June

cotnob said...

A super card Kate, well done for using up your bits and bobs.
I'm so pleased to hear that your X-ray came back clear, I hope the physio can help you.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card Kate, love using bits and bobs from my stash to make cards too.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love your happy snowman and the embossing and border, the sentiment die is a puzzle isn't it? I'm glad to hear you won't need a new knee, better a few exercises than an operation.
As for your son and daughter-in-law, I did a present for 2 of my brothers and their wives by making a gift card to send, including a voucher for an afternoon tea in a hotel not far from their homes, they were thrilled with it and even did the same the next year for friends of theirs - Just an idea?

Enjoy your weekend Kate
Faith x

Viv said...

Such a lovely Xmas card Kate.We all decided to just buy gifts for the children this Xmas.We all hate waste and have everything we need already and gifts are often unwanted and expensive....problem solved. Instead we joined the Woodland Trust and will plant trees ;) So sorry about your knee,I hope your pain goes away very soon, take it easy. I have had Rh. Arthritis for many years and now am just used to the pain ;) Viv xx

Sue said...

Love the snowman on the embossed oval! Another holiday card to add to your growing assortment! Very pretty Kate.

Hugs
Sue
ps Such a shame in the day and age that we still suffer with pain that is on going. Hope you find some relief without any surgery. Thinking of you.

Kinga K. said...

Genial❤

Mac Mable said...

I love how this card has come together Kate and how so very pretty. Mr snowman is so jolly x. I so know how painful a knee can be and also so delipitating....I had a full knee replacement last year and it amazing how for more than 30 years there is no pain x.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

I'm glad to know that you don't need a new knee and that the meds are doing effect!Hope that the exercise will help you to stop the pain!
Adorable Christmas card, that snowmen is so cute!

rachel said...

A lovely card Kate. Sorry to hear about your mystery knee issues...take care with getting around. Good luck with choosing those Christmas gifts too! Hugs Rachel xx

Jennifer Johnston said...

A sweet card Kate, love the snowman and the beautiful embossed background. Good to hear your x-rays were ok. Hope the pain eases soon. Have a good week.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Karen Dunbrook said...

lovely card....the silver elevates the look.
xx Karen