Thursday 10 October 2019

Every Leaf Speaks!

Hello Everyone, I hope you are tickity boo today, and having a good day. My day was fine as I was on my own as hubby was up a mountain, so we both had a good day.

I managed a wee walk to the shops along the road from me this morning, needs must as I needed something for the dinner tonight, as Alistair was away with the car, but it was really just enough as my legs were pretty painful, so glad to get back home, however I was pleased I attempted it. I'm really missing walking, but my latest blood test has shown that the uric acid is just above the safe level, and it's hoped the increase in medication will bring it down. The doctor is also requesting an X-Ray to have a look at the knees, so that's the next thing, a bit along the road with it all.
there's always humour though, the doctor asked me if my knees were swollen and I said that I though one was more than the other, but difficult to tell as I was looking down at them so didn't get a a good view of them. I told him that I had asked my husband what he thought and was told "your legs always look good to me", which I said was very flattering to know but , not in the least helpful. For some reason the doctor thought this was so funny he nearly fell off is chair. He had a young student with him who was completely lost, and I don't know whether that was because he couldn't have been more than 12 or that he was Chinese, Anyhoo, it helped me get over the embarrassment of having to take my jeans off to have my legs examined. I thought just typical, I've worn skirts on previous visits just in case he wanted a look and the day I wore jeans was the day he wanted to see, and I'm not  pretty sight from the waist down, I don't have enough leg, lol.

Enough of this, thank you for your lovely comments on my last card, always appreciated.

My card for today;

Another CAS card using snippets for the leaves. I watercoloured some white watercolour card that I had lying in my box, with pearl paint and die cut leaves, a set from Crafters Companion as is the stamped branch. The sentiment is another freebie from Creative Stamping magazine. Once again I've splattered Perfect Pearls in Copper. 
I'd like to enter my card into;
https://pixiescraftyworkshop.blogspot.com/2019/09/pixies-snippets-playground-challenge-362.html

Well that's me for now, enjoy your evening and I'll see you soon,

24 comments:

Flo Langley said...

Oh Kate. It is always a treat to visit your blog. What a wonderful post. Full marks to Alistair on complementing your legs. What a lovely story. Beautiful card. Love the leaves with the branch. Great idea. Still giggling. Flo xx

MiamiKel said...

Oh my, I'm tickety boo! That's SO cute! I hope you are resting in between your walks and it's such a gorgeous time of year to want to be outside (unless you live here in Miami, Florida where it's still sweltering!) LOVE LOVE your card!! So elegant and classic! Just a perfect autumn card! Bravo! xx

aussie aNNie said...

Good on you attempting your walk Kate and well done.. keep it up even if a little pain but don't over do it...
Your card is a beautiful one, full of gorgeous colours, great CAS.xx

Valerija said...

What a lovely, lovely card. Love the soft colours.
Valerija xx

meg said...

Wonderful card Kate the autumnal colours are so beautiful and the leaves perfectly coloured a gorgeous CAS card. Seems as though you made your doctor's day a much better one by making him laugh hope the discomfort eases soon and you can enjoy your walks again

brenda said...

A beautiful Autumnal CAS creation Kate. Smiled at your comment about the 12 year old, we have a new GP at our surgery who looks like he's just out of short trousers.

B x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love your posts you do make me laugh. Lovely Autumn shades

Donna Ellis said...

Such a lovely fall card, Kate, with beautiful colors. We don't have the gift of enjoying those colors here in Florida, but we do have trees that shed all their leaves! I especially like that last leaf clinging to your branch. Beautiful card! hugs, de

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely Autumnal CAS card design Kate. Fabulous post today, made me chuckle.
Lorraine

Linda Simpson said...

Oh dear, it is always sods law that it happens at the doctors! Loving this card beautiful sentiment.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Your pretty leaves are just wonderful! Great card!

Oh well, it’s good to be able to laugh about things. Your dr appointment does make a good story! Have a good day!

Wendy L said...

Your card is lovely Kate,
Love your story with the doc. Xxx x

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kate well done on your walk and i love your card,sorry i havent been around i have been in and out of hospital xx

Christine Harrop said...

Another lovely autumn card Kate. Now that's the sort of thing that would happen to me - skirt instead of jeans! Mind you I live in jeans. When I do wear a skirt or dress always makes the comment "Gosh, I didn't know you had legs". Naughty man. Hope the uric acid levels come down soon. So painful for you. Take care. Hugs Christine xxx

Jules said...

Hi Kate

Oh you did make me smile with your visit to the doctor .. .. I hope they manage to sort things for you and make you more comfortable.

Loving your card. The colours are gorgeous.

Have a lovely weekend.

Love Jules xx

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous I do love leaf designs and the sentiment is cool too, hugs Pops x

Di said...

Welcome to the Snippets Playground Kate! I do love your card and also your super blog. So clever how you got the impression of that last leaf falling to join its pals! :)

Keep going with the pills kid - and here's hoping things improve really soon for you.

Hugs

Di xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your post made me smile, Kate! :D Such fun story about your legs, your hubby and the pants :) Hope the uric acid levels come down soon and you have less pain. Your CAS card looks delightful, love the pearls colours and the splattering!
Hugs

cotnob said...

A super card Kate, lovely leaves and beautiful sentiment.
Sorry to hear that you are having problems with your legs, I hope the increased medication helps.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mrs A. said...

Hope the increase on your medication gets your uric acid levels down. The Doc has not had an attack since being on the higher doseage.
Hugs Mrs A.

Mac Mable said...

I so enjoyed reading your post Kate x Sorry about your pain in your legs though x Such a pretty CAS card and love the delicacy of the colours x

Anne said...

What a lovely post, you always make me smile Kate and sounds like you amused the Dr too!! Beautiful card, I find it very hard to leave a lot of white space but it’s perfect
Enjoy your week
Anne x

Sue said...

Simply stuning, and I love the Bronte quote, I remember it from school, which is a feat in itself since it is a long time since I was in grade school. Pretty card, Kate.

Hugs
Sue

Pat said...

More very pretty leaves and love the spattering and sentiment to go with them Kate. Your story about Alistair's remark and the doctor laughing, and having to remove your jeans to have your legs looked at made me smile. With all these problems you have managed to keep your sense of humour which must be difficult at times. Glad that the uric acid levels are gradually getting down to normal now. x