Sunday 27 October 2019

Penguins or Polar Bears for CCC!

Hello to you All, I hope things are going well for everyone, but if not, sending out positive and kind thoughts to those who need them.

Can you believe it a fortnight has passed since the last Christmas Card Club challenge, it goes all too quickly. Anyhow,  here I am again with Shaz's choice of theme and she would like to see penguins or polar bears, certainly a great challenge and I was on a roll with it.

I made four cards, here's No. 1 
This is a Hazel Cuppledich, that might be spelt wrongly, image and I've coloured with SN Glitter Pens,. I've added lots of sparkle and white gel pen for snow. A freebie sentiment and my background is a MFT Snow Flurry stencil and DI. Another freebie stamp  and some little gems.

No. 2 
LOTV stamp for this card, I think this is so sweet, coloured with Copics and loads of glitter and white gel pen for the snow, Creative stamping Magazine sentiment. Kept the background simple and just mounted on to silver card.

Next up is 
Little Claire for this image of the Polar Bear with cub, inked in blue ink and just a little Copic colour.
Paper is from a very old LOTV pad, grey and white glitter card. Sentiments from JND and a freebie. A lovely Snowflake border from The Works...cuts out beautifully and was only a couple of pounds. Again lots of sparkle.

And finally, 
LOTV image and coloured with Copic markers. Sentiments from Little Clair. Sliver card, a snippet of LOTV paper and navy card. Plenty of sparkle and a few sequins.

I really enjoyed this challenge Shaz, not only did I get get to use stamps that have not seen the light of day in yonks, but also got to use lots of snippets of paper and card, so thank you for your choice.

Thank you for all the lovely comments on my last card, I do appreciate every one of them

I got my tooth removed and boy what a job it was for the dentist, at one point I thought she was going to have to cut the gum, but she persevered and out it came, mind you it was very crumbly. My mouth is still tender but loaded with painkillers. Hopefully it will all settle down soon.

On the knee/leg front, I believe the pain is getting easier, though I still can't walk any great length, but I've got my XRay appointment in early November,  so for now  it's still painkillers.

So that's me for now, hoping to get around to visiting your blogs and see what you've been creating. Remember to have a look at what my team members on the CCC have created. Take care and see you soon,
I would like to enter card No. 1 into;
https://scrapsoflifebyscrappymo.blogspot.com/2019/10/october-rudolph-days-challenge.html

30 comments:

Mia said...

I am sorry for your tooth, Kate, but I am glad that your knee is better. Please take care of yourself, my dear friend.
What a great selection of Christmas cards! I especially love the scene on the second one. Hugs!!!

Marlene Atkinson said...

Hi Kate, so sorry to read you have had a tooth taken out and your leg and knee is very painful, you seem to have been through the wars at the minute. Your cards are a delight to see, the Penguins are so cute and beautifully coloured, love your backgrounds. Hope you feel better soon. Marlene

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A fabulous array of Christmas cards, Kate! They are all so beautiful! I have the last LOTV stamp, so sweet.
Sorry for your tooth, hope that the pain will be not too much, as well for your knee! Take care
Hugs

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Wow! You've been very busy again Kate. Four gorgeous cards and some fabulous stamps used too. I hope your mouth feels better soon, the bruising takes a while to recede.
Lorraine

scrappymo! said...

Hope your knee feels feels better soon. You must be struggling to get things done.

Your cards are all fabulous. I love each and every one The polar bear was my fave. Just because I love the image and what you did with it.

Thanks for taking part in the October Rudolph Days
Challenge.

Mrs A. said...

All wonderful cards. Il’m afraid I haven’t made any as this theme was showing on the dashboard as being the next one 23. Now totally confused. Will do a quick a/g ‘s tomorrow instead. Hugs Mrs A.

Wendy L said...

Lots of sweet cards Kate.
Love the cutie penguins. Xxx

Christine Harrop said...

What a fabulous array of cards Kate, and all terrific! You're cracking up kid!!! (Sorry!) Seriously though, I'm glad you got your tooth sorted eventually and that your knee pain is not quite so bad. Take care. Hugs Christine xx

Rita said...

Fabulous array of cards Kate. Love them all. I never made it this time, but will add it to the next time. Glad to hear that nasty tooth is gone and your mouth with heal again before your choral concert. Hugs Rita xxxx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kate
Sorry to hear you have been in the wars....
Fabulous cards... lovely selection....
Take Care Sylvie x

Dortesjs said...

awww cute card, so sweet, hope you are fine now you got your tooth removed and all has settled down

Jennifer Johnston said...

Hi Kate, loving these fabulous Christmas cards.
I just love the LOTV images on the second and
fourth cards, I think if I had to choose a
favourite, I would have great difficulty
choosing between these two lol. Pleased to
hear the pain in your knee has eased a little
and your tooth has gone, hopefully your gum will
heal quite quickly. Take care of yourselves.
Love & Hugs Jennifer xx.

meg said...

Four beautiful card Kate, haven't seen the Little Claire image before and was really taken with it, take care xx

Di said...

I went into Mr Linky, waved my Pixie wand and 'poof' - your Snippets card is now properly linked Kate! Will be back to comment ASAP! Meanwhile, glad the tooth is finally out - bless you. Off to bed and will be back ASAP.

Di xx

Darnell said...

You should sound more lucid than I do on painkillers, Kate! Come to think of it, you sound more lucid than I do when I'm NOT on painkillers, lol! I'm so sorry to hear that your dentist had to perform gymnastics in order to get your crummy, er, crumbly tooth out. Shivers. I hope they find out what's happening to your knee/leg when they do the x-rays next month and that they can relieve you of the pain! As for your polar bear cards, one is cuter than the next! You have a tremendous eye for design to come up with all these different and amazing ways to showcase your adorable bears! (That third one is really cool because it took me a minute to find the bears!) Great colors, coloring, and use of snippets on all!! Hugs, Darnell

gwen70 said...

Such gorgeous cards, sorry to hear you are in a lot of pain , hope you feel better soon

Linda Simpson said...

Hi Katie, these are gorgeous, I do love penguins. I hope you had a great weekend and have a fabulous week.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sue said...

Such fab cards they are all lovely Kate..sorry to hear about you being in pain with your knee and I did cringe at the mention of the word Dentist!!! I'm petrified of them lol huggles Sue xx

Sue said...

Wow, you ran with challenge. Love your penguin and polar bear cards. Each one is prettier than the next. All designed, colored, and glittered up beautifully. Glad your tooth is out and your mouth is on the mend.

Hugs
Sue

Elizabeth said...

Ouch! Feeling your pain, Kate. It's not so long since I had a wisdom tooth extraction and the experience wasn't a good one. Despite your pains, you've made a delightful set of cards. I like all the cute images you've chosen for the theme and it's great that you've used up so many scraps. Hope you're feeling better soon. Hugs, Elizabeth x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

So many absolutely darling cards! I love your collection of cute christmas critter images. Each one was sweeter than the last!

Hope your mouth heals, and soon!

cotnob said...

A fabulous collection of cards Kate, they are all lovely but I especially like the image on the second one.
I'm glad the dentist managed to get your tooth out without cutting the gum, never a nice experience though.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Pop's Cards said...

I hope your feeling a bit brighter, these cards are gorgeous I have 50 to make for my donation box and I have no mojo, I do love all of these so pretty, hugs Pops x

Mac Mable said...

Super adorable cards all four of them....you are spoiling us x Hope the tooth settles down for you soon and won't be long now before your xray appointment x

Valerija said...

Wow, so many wonderful cards. Love them all.
Valerija xx

pam said...

Gorgeous selection of cards Kate, sounds like you been in the wars..
Hugs Pam x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Sorry I am late commenting. What a great subject for a challenge and four fab cards. I have the top stamp uninked as yet. Glad the toothbis out, hope the knee improves

Anonymous said...

Some very sweet and festive christmas cards and the penguins are adorable! Thank you so much for playing along with the October Rudolph Days Challenge.
Linda, DT
Rudolph Days Challenge

Di said...

Wonderful cards Kate - all different and each one is brilliant. LOVE your snippets one - so cute :)

Hugs

Di
xx

Pat said...

I love all your cute critters Kate and you have come up with some great designs...I love penguins and polar bears. Sorry you have been left with rather a sore mouth since your tooth extraction, but hope it soon heals, and I'm sure you will be glad when they find out precisely what is causing you such leg pain and hopefully by now there will be more news since your X-Ray. x