Friday 18 October 2019

Skating !

Hello Everyone, hope that you're well, but kind thoughts going out to those of you who are not so good and hope you will be feeling better soon.

Another lovely day here, sunny and not too cold. We had one or two things to do in town this morning, then we drove out to Ardisere to The Cheese Pantry for a bit of lunch. We have never been before although we've always meant to go, but always we are on our way back home when we notice the sign for it.  As it's name suggests, they make their own cheeses from their own cows and sheep. There's a lovely little cafe and although not an extensive menu plenty to whet the appetite. I had a brie board with two good slabs of cheese and a tortilla what had a gorgeous quince jelly on it that had been sprinkled with sugar and then heated, and oh my it was delish, Alistair had a very fancy cheese and Serrano ham toast with scrumptious chutney. We finished off with a piece of carrot cake which we shared. Just lovely, not too much but felt satisfied, and it was good to go somewhere different too, with a beautiful run into the country. I bought some cheeses too. Their shop is amazing, what an array of cheese, I bought some Gouda and the same Brie that I had  and the lovely chutney that Alistair had with is toastie. We'll not need much for dinner tonight.

Thank you for all your lovely comments on Pinky Inky, I'm pleased you liked him.
We watched a TV documentary a few weeks ago about Octopus, or is it Octupi, anyway, they are very intelligent creatures, and like human company. The Biologist who had been studying them, had one in his home, in a large tank obviously, and bonded with the scientist's daughter. It would be waiting towards the top of the tank, waiting for her to come home from school, she would talk to it and they'd play games, a sort of hide and seek, where the Octopus would hide in amongst his bit's and bobs in his tank. It was fascinating to watch. When the girl put her fingers in the tank, the octopus would reach up with one of his tentacles catch hold of one of her fingers and pull it along as he swam around the tank, they had great fun with this.

Well, I've probably bored the pants off you with my octopus and cheese story, sorry, anyhoo here's my  card for today, and I'm entering it into;
https://caschristmascardchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/10/cas-christmas-october-2019-challenge.html

The theme was a Winter Scene and I thought this fabulous stamp from JND was just perfect, I love the skaters on the village pond, at least I think that's what it's meant to be. I stamped it in Night of Navy SU ink and matted on to blue card. added a panel of pretty paper from First Edition , Sentiment, banner and snowflake are also from the same set. They were free with Creative Stamping magazine. I heat embossed the sentiment in white  and finished with sparkle on the ice and snowy roofs.

Well, a new weekend tomorrow, I've nothing planned but Alistair is going to Ft. William  for a meeting and that takes him really most of the day away, so I'll catch up with housework and maybe a bit of knitting which has been neglected lately.
Enjoy your weekend and see you soon,



20 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is beautiful Kate, love the winter scene. Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Mia said...

Gorgeous card, Kate. The image with the skaters is sooo cute! And I love the design too. How interesting the story with the octopus! I have never heard before an octopus as a pet! Hugs, my friend.

Loll said...

Sweet winter scene Christmas card Kate! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful winter scene on our beautiful hot day...love this Kate.x

Wendy L said...

Love your card Kate, I have not seen this stamp from John before but it us lovely.
Afraid I don't like cheese, people tell me I am odd!!!!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kate lovely card,well done my friend xx

meg said...

A beautiful winter scene Late love the idea of skating on the village pond but it's so many years since I skated I would probably end up sitting on the ice

Valerija said...

A beautiful card and a fabulous image.
Valerija xx

Sarn said...

I love this pretty winter scene. Very nice card. Was fascinated by the octopus story . . . Who knew they liked to play with humans? Amazing! Xxx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A beautiful Christmas card Kate and I really like your layout too x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Interesting TV documentary, loved read what they said about octopus and of that "pet" of the scientist's daughter. I think that all animals should be more considered by humans...
So glad you have had a lovely day. Here there is a red alarm for weather... Now it's raining, not too much, but they said this night there will be a very bad storm!
Lovely Christmas card, the skate scene is so beautiful and love the embellishments and the whole design!
Hugs

pam said...

Beautiful card Kate.
Pam x

Sue said...

What a beautiful scene this stamp shows. And, I love the silver paper you chose for the back piece. Beautiful card, Kate. Your lunch adventure sounded yummy and you can shop and bring home some goodies, sounds perfect!

Hugs
Sue

Mac Mable said...

Such a pretty Winter scene and the stamped image in the navy looks wonderful x. Your trip out with the delicious lunch sounded great and yes always good to do something different x. Thanks for the information and story about the clever octopus x.

Christine Alexander said...

Kate, that's the perfect winter scene and love it in navy and white. Thanks for joining us at CAS Christmas :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

lovely card.
x Karen

Bonnie said...

I love this sweet skating scene, Kate! The navy ink and matching at frame the scene beautifully! Love that shiny paper too! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Kate, such a lovely scene.
It sounds like you had a lovely lunch, I love a good toastie.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lyn Bernatovich said...

Super great card with the winter scene focal and panel of pretty pattern paper!

Pat said...

What a wonderfully sparkly card Kate and love the look of the background paper with the black stamped skating scene, a great look. Your chat about octopuses was really interesting to read, and I wish I had seen that documentary, as they can look rather scary but being intelligent are very curious and like to get close, probably a bit too close for some..lol. I hope you didn't have too much housework and managed to relax with your knitting. x