Sunday 14 April 2019

Winter Scene for the CCC!

Hello Everyone, what a lovely sunny day we've had here, I hope you have had too. It's another weekend and time once again for the Christmas Card Club girls to show their creations and this time it's our Shaz that has chosen the theme and it's cards showing a Winter Scene.

Again, I found some old stash from a magazine that had loads of winter scenes, so I made quite a few cards. Here we go;

I added papers to the background and lots of sparkle, other than that it was just a sticking down job. I've kept them flat for posting, as the postage is horrendous.

My final card is an upcycled one;
I really liked this topper, I love the mono tones so I just added black glitter card and stamped snowflakes in the background. A splash of red with the bow. I've added some gems and glitter.

I hope these will do Shaz, thank you for the challenge, I enjoyed it and of course I've used up some stash I've had for years.

Whilst I've been typing up this post I've also been watching the Big Bear Stakeout, brilliant documentary about Grizzly Bears in Alaska, what incredible animals, and some super camera work of them. Mind you it's had work being a bear, especially for the mothers with cubs finding plenty to eat before the winter sets in. A very interesting programme , with lots of humorous moments, when the bears were fishing in the falls for the salmon. Maybe some of you caught the show.

Well, this is a scheduled post for tomorrow, so remember and have a look at what the other girls create.

I've succumbed to Alistair's cold, so I'm feeling miserable tonight, doped to the eyeballs with paracetamol so I'm hoping it clears up soon.

Thank you all so much for your visits and lovely comments. Take care of yourselves and see you soon,
    

21 comments:

Wendy L said...

So beautiful and gives me the shivers looking at the winter scenes.
Hope you feel better soon Kate, xxxx

dutchess said...

Wow you have been busy creating these lovely winter scene cards,and with the added bonus of using up stash and a bit of recycling...
Sorry to hear you have caught Alistairs cold and hope you feel better soon xxxx

brenda said...

What a lovely display of scenic seasonal cards Kate and like you am very much drawn to the monochromatic one. Hope you can shake that cold quickly.

B x

Christine Harrop said...

Wowee! You have been very busy Kate. What a fabulous selection of cards and all beautiful. Hugs Christine xx

meg said...

Beautiful scenic makes Kate, perfect for a winter birthday or Christmas, the recycled topper certainly to lovely to throw away

cotnob said...

A fabulous collection of Christmas cards Kate, lots of beautiful scenes - I especially like the forest scenes with the sun shining through.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Rita said...

What beautiful cards Kate. You will be well ahead come Christmas too. So sorry to hear you have a nasty cold again so soon after getting rid of the first one. Looking forward to your visit in May. Take Care my friend. Hugs Rita xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I hope you feel better soon Kate, these spring colds are awful and set you up feeling rough for the start of the better weather.
Gorgeous set of cards though, what beautiful scenes you have used, I love them.
Lorraine

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely compilation of Christmas cards, well done with your stash!! Any of them looks so special!

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful cards, Lovely snowy images

Birgit said...

OMG I am a bad girl and I love your cards! Ok love the monochrome which just gives a nice peaceful but Christmassy scene. Sorry to hear you have a cold but I hope you rebound quickly

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What lovely cards especially love that bottom one. So sorry you have got the cold, hope you both feel better soon x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your cards are so elegant and beautiful Kate, good to have them one layer as you say the postage is awful. Although I think we are not the most expensive country for postage. Still a lot though.
I'm sorry to hear your "succumbed" to the dreaded cold. I hope you're better soon.
Faith
x

Lisa said...

They're all so beautiful!! I love the images you used!! They look so gorgeous!! I'm so sorry you succumbed to the cold. I hope you and Alistair both feel much better soon. Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kare
What a gorgeous selection of cards you have made... stunning
Hugs Sylvie xx

Mrs A. said...

Sorry to hear you have caught a cold from hubby. Keep wrapped up warm. Your cards are all lovely but the last one really is so classy looking. It has been sunny on and off today but managed to have lunch in the garden and do some preparation for the men coming to put the new shed up . Hugs Mrs A.

Jennifer Johnston said...

A beautiful selection of Christmas cards Kate, I love them all and it is a bonus that you have used some of your stash ! Hope you feel better soon.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

MiamiKel said...

Oh I'm sorry to hear you caught the bug! That's never fun - time to snuggle up with your cuppa tea and those cozy socks! I LOVE your line up of winter cards! My favorite season! Each one is so sparkly and pretty! Feel better! xx

Sue said...

All of your cards are wonderful Kate. Such beautiful winter scenes They will surely be loved by whomever receives them. ugh...a Spring cold is th worst, seem to hang on forever....hope yours is gone before you know it and you are feeling well again.

Hugs
Sue

Mac Mable said...

Sorry to hear you've caught the bug...sending hugs x
Great re-cycling of the Christmas cards and you've done a great job....So very pretty and a few now for the stash x
Yes I love any programme that has bears in them x

Flo Langley said...

Sorry Kate. I am late visiting and working backwards. Hope you are feeling better. Fabulous cards. Love them all. The one with the cottages with lights in the window caught my eye. So pretty. Love also the recycled one. What a great idea. Take care, Hugs Flo xx