Tuesday 9 April 2019

A Dip in the Sea!

Hello Everyone, I hope you are well and having a good day. We have sunshine and a little warmth, made me want to go out for a walk this  morning.

We walked down to the University Campus to have a look at the swans and those of you who have been following me for a while will know that for the last few years there has been a family of swans on the lochans in the campus grounds, and mum and dad swan have raised three lots of cygnets, I think it's three, and they have managed to keep them all safe. Quite amazing, and they have had 7 and 8 at a time, so that in my book is good parenting.

Sadly, last year the male swan was killed by a dog, yes there are lots of dog walkers who let their pooches run free, and this poor swan died as a result of an attack.  We did wonder what Mrs swan would do, but she turned up with a new man and they are now building their nest, so it looks as if  he has come up to the mark. and suits her. So looking forward to seeing more cygnets later this year.

So, I've a summer card today;
A fabulous new stamp from Kim Moody made by Chocolate Baroque and I've coloured it with Altenew Watercolour paints and Sparkle Pens. The parasol, bucket and spade and deckchair I've stamped and cut out and added as embellishments. Sentiment from CB.
Background papers is from Crafty Individuals and the card base is from SU. 

Just had to show the lovely paper in the inside of the card too, it's all from  The Seaside paper pad.
I love this image of beach huts, something I would love to have, not too many of them around the Scottish beaches though.

Thank you so much for the lovely comments on my last card, I appreciated your visits.

I missed visiting your blogs yesterday, so I hope to catch up today.
That's me for now, take care and see you soon,


  . 

22 comments:

Valerija said...

Very beautiful Kate!
Valerija xx

brenda said...

That's a lovely story Kate as so often Swan's as with Pigeons fret and die if they lose their partners as they tend to mate for life.

You have made a super card with Kim's stamps and so much warmth from your choice of colours.

B x

meg said...

This makes me long for the good weather Kate, gorgeous beach scene in beautiful colours

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Wonderful scene with wonderful colours and colouring, love the little individual chair and parasol, OH! for Summer days aye?

Sorry I haven't been commenting, but I have caught up with your excellent work, love the Santa and the gorgeous flowers. For some reason Bloglovin isn't including you in my Daily Digest, so I'm missing you. Have you got a follower email?

Hope you have a good week and hope to be here more often :)
Faith x

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous, love the papers and wonderful image.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Hi Kate, we've had a couple of days here that have had a hint of Spring to them and it makes me long for warmer, sunny days too.
A gorgeous card, love that image and pretty papers, you've created a lovely beach scene.
Lorraine

Jennifer Johnston said...

Hi Kate, lovely to hear that Mrs. Swan has found a new mate, such a lovely story. I love your Summer card, such a quirky image and I
like the colours you have used too. Hope you have a good week.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous card, so fun and summery!!
I have that paper pad, still unused, thanks to remember me this fact! It's adorable! :)
Hugs

Lisa said...

This is so stunning!! I love the beautiful image!! It makes me want to be at the beach!! The inside paper is so gorgeous!! Love, love this!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Anet's Crafting said...

Hallo Kate, your card is beautiful. Love your fabulous colouring and pretty designer paper. Hugs Anet.

Christine Harrop said...

I'm not a beach person but I still love your card Kate. Mind you - it's a bit too cold to be on the beach right now ... lol! The paper you have used inside your card is gorgeous. Hope you are both well and that Jim is also doing ok. Hugs Christine xx

Rita said...

What a love scene you have made with the story about the swans. Love you're card Kate. The beach huts look so amazing and beautifully coloured as always. Weather has been great this week and Spring is here that's for sure. Enjoy your Day. Hugs Rita xxxx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a lovely swan story, how lovely to follow them. Fab card, lovely stamp and paper, we have lots of beach huts in Norfolk.

scrappymo! said...

This is a really pretty card, Kate. I LOVE the inside. What gogorgeous paper you found.

Karen Petitt said...

Beautiful Kate and you've got me longing for the seaside too - love that patterned paper, yummy it is! Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog - I really did get a kick out of altering the paper mache box and am happy with how it has turned out xx

cotnob said...

A super card Kate, I can see I'm not the only one dreaming about summer.
I'm so pleased that your swans are preparing a nest, lets hope they have lots of cygnets.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mac Mable said...

Thank you for the update on the swans....x
What a wonderful card. The fabulous stamped image is so contemporary and such fun and loving the papers too x

Flo Langley said...

Oh, what a fabulous card Kate. You have really brought this stamp image alive. Love it. Thanks for sharing the news of the swans. Fingers crossed they stay safe and have lots of little ones.
Hugs Flo xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

What a wonderful card and the background papers are gorgeous. I always feel guilty when I stamp on them or cut them up. I could just sit and look at them all day, they're so wonderfully dreamy x

Pat said...

These beach huts are such fun and bought to life beautifully with your wonderful colouring Kate, and love the way you have added the extra bits with the bucket and spade, parasol and deck chair which give added dimension, and the CI papers are so pretty too. Glad to hear that Mrs Swan has found a new mate and look forward to hearing how many little cygnets will be swimming there later in the season. x

Birgit said...

Does anyone know which dog it was? So sad to hear but glad the widow found a new love. Love the beach houses and the fun colours

Sue said...

I love this fun card, Kate. The beach is a fascinating place to see all kinds of things, animal and human, hee hee.

The inside paper is beautiful and peerfect.

Sad story abut the male swan, but good news is she found a new mate and you will enjoy seeing new babies. I remember you posting pictures of them once and they are such magnificent birds.

Enjoy your week and feel better.

Hugs
Sue