Sunday 28 April 2019

Cute and Cosy for CCC!

Hello Crafty Friends and Visitors, welcome to my blog, and love that you continue to visit.
Thank you for all your lovely comments on my last card, I know it all takes time so it's all very much appreciated.

Well, it's a whole fortnight ago since the Christmas Card Club showed their creations and no it's time once again to show more. Our lovely Zoe is the Hostess choosing the theme this time and it's cards which are Cute and Cosy, of course there is also the option of Anything Goes if you can't manage the theme so that no one misses out.

Here's what I've come up with;
Aren't these Piggies so cute and they are also cosy wrapped up in their blanket!  Hobby Art stamps and I've coloured with Derwent Coloursoft Pencils and Sakura gel pens.  A couple of dies for embellishment and sequins. Paper is from a very old LOTV paper pad, can't even remember the name.

Using up some old stash, a LOTV Art Pad topper, this cute Teddy, now I'm guessing he's cosy as he's indoors and just peeking out to look a a parcel. Papers are from a First Edition pad, but not sure which one and the sentiment is from a set my lovely friend Mrs. Duck gave me. Lots of sparkle and some gems, of which I think I've lost one and never noticed, as I always stick three on.

Here we go again with another LOTV Art Pad, some cosy, cute bunnies, with a free sentiment from Creative Stamping magazine. Lots of Star Dust for Sparkle, and some old papers.


So, Zoe I hope these will do, it was a lovely challenge which I enjoyed, thank you.

We had a lovely concert last night, all went well, even although the rehearsal in the afternoon, caused a few worries, however we were obviously saving ourselves for the performance. Four young Soloists joined us and they were brilliant, absolutely beautiful voices, especially the Bass/ Baritone, such a powerful rich tone to his voice, it was thrilling to listen to them all. The audience liked it and indeed Alistair thought it was one of our best ever.
Glad it's all over though, it's such a long day and very tiring, but we now have a break until August, and as much as I love the singing, I'm looking forward to the break.

A quiet day for me, not even cooking, going out for a bite to eat later, I hope that you are enjoying your Sunday whatever you're doing. Don't forget to looks at what the other CCC girls make, see you soon,


31 comments:

dutchess said...

Three beautiful cards Kate...I just adore your piggies they are just so much fun, the LOTV images are so cute.
So glad the concert went well and was so enjoyable.....and breath....over now so you can relax,enjoy your meal out...always nice not to have to cook.xxxx

Christine Harrop said...

Gives a whole new meaning to pigs in blankets Kate ... lol! But joking aside it is great. Your other two cards are fabulous too. The bunnies in the stocking is my all time favourite LOTV Christmas image. Glad your concert went well. Take care. Huhs Christine xx

meg said...

Pleased to read your concert went well, 3 beautiful warm and cosy makes, love the piggies

Valerija said...

Fabulous work on these gorgeous cards Kate, love the images and wonderful colours. The third one is my favourite. So cute...
Valerija xx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

I hope you are enjoying your quiet day Kate :) So lovely to just chill out every now and again.
Gorgeous set of cards for this challenge too, love the cute images you have used.
Lorraine

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Three beautiful cards, those piggies are cute and fun, love the classic feel of the second one with the cute bear and the last one is my favourite, great choice of papers and love those cute LOTV bunnies!!
Hugs

Marlene Atkinson said...

Gorgeous cards, love the images and colours. Marlene

Linda Simpson said...

These are simply gorgeous, I love the images on all of these Christmas cards.
Hugs
Linda xxx

gwen70 said...

Wonderful cards, adore the piggies xx

Rita said...

What a lovely array of cards Kate. You have been busy. Love the little piggys though. I have another busy week ahead so will not be on my blog very much I do have a few cards to show though. Hugs Rita xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

All of them Wonderful cards, love the piggies and the sentiment though. I'm so glad to hear the concert went well. Enjoy your day of rest.
Faith x

rachel said...

Gorgeous cards Kate - perfectly cute! I especially love the pigs in blankets! Great makes! Hugs rachel x

Maria - Ivyleaf Crafts said...

Great cards Kate. Love the cute piggies my mum's favourite. Sorry for not commenting for a while no reason really just life has been busy I haven't even been crafting. Hoping to get back to it soon xx

Elizabeth said...

Three fab cards, Kate. I do love the pigs in blanket - great colouring. Glad the performance went so well. Elizabeth xx

Unknown said...

Fab selection Kate, great to still see the old LOTV art pads being used. Despite good intentions I have yet to make 1 Christmas card this year!
Pleased to hear you had a lovely time at the concert, enjoy the coming week
Anne x

Mrs A. said...

I do like your pigs in their cozy blanket. 3 lovely cards. Glad your performance went off ok. Hugs Mrs A.

Jannet said...

Very cute love the darling little pigs. Your concert sounded delightful ! Xx

Lisa said...

All three cards are so adorable!! I love the images and colors on each one!! They're so fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahhh these are brilliant, I have made no cards for Christmas yet this year!! Gonna regret that come December!! Thoise Pigs in the blanket made me smile, Hope alls well, Hazel xx

Margarets designer cards said...

Three great cute cards, I love all the images and your designs

Mac Mable said...

I just love your three cosy cards. The little piglets are adorable and so is your super cute teddy, even with one missing gem x....
So very glad the concert went well and it sounded a very good one. Rest the voice now until August x

Donna Ellis said...

Darling AND beautiful all in one fabulous post, Kate! Wonderful Christmas cards! hugs, de

Jules said...

Hi Kate

What a great collection of Christmas cards .. .. they are all lovely but I particularly love the last one. The backing paper looks like it was designed to go with your image.

Pleased to read your concert went well.

Love Jules xx

Jennifer Johnston said...

Three beautiful cards Kate and all different. If I had to choose, my favourite would be card number three. Just love those cute little bunnies in the Christmas stocking. Enjoy the rest of your week Kate.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Zoe Tant said...

What a gorgeous set of cards Kate. I love those pigs they are too cute! Sorry I'm late commenting. Been a busy week going to London with my daughter for an interview. Hope all good with you hugs Zoex

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

It is always hard to comment when 3 such great cards are shared all at once. They are all really well done, but the pigs in the blanket are very memorable and I love them! Lol.

cotnob said...

A fabulous collection of cards Kate, cute images - I especially like the fun little pigs.
I'm so pleased that your concert went well.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Cristina said...

Hola Kate! Cuánto me gustan siempre tus tarjetas, cualquiera que sea la temática, nos dejas bonitas ideas para inspirarnos! La de los cerditos es muy divertida, me ha gustado mucho con los adornos de troqueles y lentejuelas, y el peluche una dulzura! No me había dado cuenta que había conejitos dentro del calcetín, muy tierno!!
Me alegro que el concierto haya ido tan bien!
Un beso!

Sue said...

WOW, three cards! Love the piggies, perfect for the challenge. The other cards are equally lovely and fun. Glad the concert went well, and you now have a long summer rest.

Hugs
Sue

Pat said...

So glad your concert went really well Kate, and I know what you mean about it being a busy day. We had out concert in early April and the day after it sort of catches up with you. I think the adrenylin keeps you going on the day..lol. All three images you have used are so cute Kate and such pretty papers, and love the die cut holly and ivy on the first. x

Karen Dunbrook said...

sweet cards mf...these would bring cheer for sure.
x Karen