Friday 12 April 2019

Friends are like Stars!

Hello Crafting Friends and to Everyone who visits. I hope you are well and having a good day. I can hardly believe that it's Friday again....where did the week go??? 
I've got a needy and sick man, Alistair has come down with another cold, quite different than the last bout of virus that both of us had. He is actually staying in bed, that's not a good sign for him. I'm just hoping that it's not passed to me as our concert is only two weeks away and I would hate to miss it at this late stage. Anyway, I'm getting good exercise going up and down the stairs...every cloud eh.

Thank you for you lovely comments on my previous card, very much appreciated.

My card today is one made for Allsorts Challenge; http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.com/2019/04/week-514-sentiment-in-focus.html
I love this sentiment from Inkylicious, which I've embossed in WOW white EP and my background is coloured with Altenew Watercolour paints on to Fabriano cold pressed watercolour paper. White acrylic paint for the stars.
I think it's just the perfect sentiment for someone finding life a bit of a struggle and felling alone.

Just a shot post, I was hurrying to finish this and get it posted as the Challenge closes in a couple of hours.

Have a lovely day and I'll see you soon.

20 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

What a lovely way of portraying "friends in our universe of love", Kate! Your card is GORGEOUS! I love the infinite feeling of your design. Hoping Alistair is soon feeling better! hugs, de

meg said...

love the background Kate, like a night sky with the perfect sentiment

Flo Langley said...

Wonderful card Kate. The white against the background looks stunning. What a great sentiment. Sending healing hugs for Alistair. I hope he feels better soon.
Flo xx

Valerija said...

I just love this sentiment and your background is gorgeous! Well done!
Have a nice weekend.
Valeirja xx

dutchess said...

That’s a really lovely sentiment stamp Kate....looks great on your inky background....
I tell the days of the week by the amount of washing in the laundry basket....time to get it done again! ...it’s cold and dull here today so I have been having a quick craft this morning....just a birthday card for stash....always need one....hope Alistair improves over the weekend,there are so many bugs about....take care yourself xxxxxx

pam said...

Wonderful sentiment Kate, so to hear Alistair is poorly and hope he keeps it to himself.
Pam x

cotnob said...

A super card Kate, a fabulous background and lovely sentiment.
I hope Alistair makes a speedy recovery.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love this card, says it all really. Beautiful choice of colours too.

Sorry to hear your hubby isn't well, if it's anything like I had - he's poorly bard as we say locally. BUT as you say at least you have the exercise you need to keep fit - hopefully. Take care.
Faith x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love this sentiment, great background. Hope Alistair is better soon x

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous!! The background looks amazing!! I love the sentiment!! I hope Alistair is feeling much better soon and that you don't get it. Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Mia said...

Lovely card, Kate, and the sentiment is fantastic!
I hope your husband gets better soon. Kisses, my friend.

debby4000 said...

Fabulous background and what a brilliant sentiment, really makes the card.
luv
Debby

brenda said...

I'm a little late thanking you for joining our sentiment theme at Allsorts Kate, but it is a lovely creation and the white embossing looks lovely against the inky background. Hope Alistair picks up quickly and you keep a wide berth from the nasties.

B x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I love this card Kate. It's a wonderful sentiment and I love the colours that you've used in the background, the white embossing looks great too. Sorry to hear that Alistair isn't very well and I hope that he'll soon be up and about again. Wishing you a happy weekend x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Your background is just perfect for the sentiment!! Wow! Amazing card, useful for both masculine and feminine recipients!

Pat said...

I love your watercoloured background and what a great stamped sentiment to use over the top Kate. Sorry to hear Alistair is under the weather at the moment, and I know what you mean about keeping away from colds and such like when a concert is looming, so I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. I had my Spring concert on 5th April which went very well so hope yours is a good evening too. x

Mac Mable said...

Love the background effect on your stunning card and yes the sentiment is fabulous x Sorry to hear Alistair is sick again and lets hope you don't catch it ! x

Birgit said...

Great card with the soft background and the saying. Love the stars!

Sue said...

I love the background you used, it is perfect for the sentiment. Just lovely.

Hugs
Sue

Darnell said...

Kate, this is amazing! You have created a stunning galaxy for your beautiful white-embossed friend sediment! I love the schplatters, too! Hugs, Darnell