Sunday 20 March 2022

Sweet Treats for CCC!

 Hello Everyone, and welcome anyone who pops in for a visit.

I hope your weekend is going well and you have as lovely a day as we have here, sunshine all the way and 15 degrees, positively tropical! All the bedding washed, hung out, dried and ironed, nothing like outside fresh, sheets on the bed.

Anyhoo, it's time for the Christmas Card Club to show their creations and this time Margaret has chosen the theme of Sweet Treats, here is what I've managed.



A Sheena Douglass stamp I've had for ages, and plenty sweet treats here, with the hot chocolate, cookies and candy canes. Coloured with Copic markers, and glitter. I found a gingerbread man stencil so decided to use that for the background. Sentiment is one from a Creative Stamping magazine.


This card was inspired by one in a Creative Stamping magazine, I've used the cute boot image which came in the magazine and coloured it with Copic markers. various brands of paper for the background. Glittered up the boot with Glamour Dust, glitter. Sentiment from Creative Stamping. a few gems on the stars.


This little guy is from Papermania, bought a while ago, it's a little tag, coloured with sparkling gel pens. Found a EF that I thought would go with it and used it with red card, finished of with some ribbon and gems.

Thank you Margaret for a really enjoyable challenge, and the chance to use some old stash and things like stencils and EFs.

Thank you for  you visits and your lovely comments, I do appreciate them so much.

That's me for now, enjoy your weekend and keep safe,



23 comments:

dutchess said...

Great cards Kate…love that stencil…it’s just perfect for the background…I love gingerbread men and hot chocolate and Christmas biscuits….you have them all….take care xxx

meg said...

Three fabulous makes Kate,love the selection of sweet Christmas treats

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Well you have been so busy creating lots of gorgeous sweet treat cards Kate. I love the first one with it's gingerbread man background, as you say, lots of lovely treats there. I also love the next one where you have created the beautiful woven strips of Christmas papers as your background, it looks fabulous- and I think I also have the little gingerbread man stamp somewhere, he's cute.
Lorraine

gwen70 said...

Wonderful cards Kate, love them all xx

Flo Langley said...

Three wonderful creations Kate. Loving the gingerbread stencil background. You've done well to get all your washing chores done! The weather seems to be picking up a bit now. Yey! Take care, hugs Flo xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Three lovely cards kate, the first one particularly catches my eyes, with that glittered layer and the beautiful gingerbread stencil!! The second one looks so interesting with the stripes on the back and the last is so cute!
Hugs

Christine Harrop said...

Gosh Kate, you have been very busy. Three terrific cards and certainly lots of sweet treats. Take care. Christine xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Kate all your makes are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love this weather, not too hot. Fab cards you are doing well. I need to step up my Christmas card making

JD/ Jill said...

Thee great Christmas cards. I especially like the design on the second card!

Marlene Atkinson said...

Beautifully coloured and designs cards. We have just returned from Aberdeen, after helping Matthew moving Flats, it was a very heavy weekend. We are both are shattered. He had a lot off stuff to shift, got most of it put away, we left him to finish the rest. Marlene

Valerija said...

Very lovely cards.
Valerija xx

Birgit said...

Very nice cards. I love the fancy tea cups and the background. The second card is so Christmassy and love the design. Your last card is sweet and love the gingerbread man.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Mac Mable said...

Three fabulous 'Sweet Treats' cards with wonderful colouring and designs. Continue to enjoy the sunshine Kate x.

rachel said...

these are wonderful Kate - the top one is the one I was meant to be using - but couldn't find the stamp! Yours are all lovely! Well done you! Big hugs rachel xx

Margarets designer cards said...

Three gorgeous Christmas cards, I love the middle card the best but they are all beautifully coloured

Hope your weather has improved and the sun is shining

aussie aNNie said...

Great cards Kate beautiful selection. .. and fabulous result, love the colours

cotnob said...

A super selection of cards Kate, they are all lovely but I especially like the first one - I love a hot chocolate on cold winter days and those cookies would go down a treat.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Pat said...

Some great designs for these cards with lots of wonderful sweet treats Kate. The SD stamp is perfect used here with the cream on top of the mug of chocolate..yum, and the star shaped cookies and the candy cane, and love the added glitter on the ribbon, and for the highlights on the candy cane. The paper weaving on the second looks brilliant and works perfectly as a background to Santa's present filled boot, and then the gingerbread man looks good enough to eat with the super snowflake embossed background in that lovely orangy red. The weather has been really sunny here and I even cleaned some windows today. x

Zoe Tant said...

Gorgeous trio of cards Kate. Love the paper weaving on the middle one and the treats look very inviting. I love hot chocolate. Sorry I'm late we've been away. Hugs Zoe x

Lisa said...

I love that first image and that gingerbread stencil is perfect to add to the base of the card. The blue you used is so electric and eye catching.

The second card that paper layout is a great way to use up some scrap papers. I have been going through my stash and been trying to use up scraps. This is inspiring me.

The third has a great texture and I love the cute way you used the tag. Three wonderful cards.

Sue said...

What wonderful holiday cards. Love the design on the second one, unique and a good way to use up strips of leftover papers. All are lovely.

Hugs
Sue