Friday 4 March 2022

Midnight Masquerade!

 Hello Everyone, I hope all is well with you and you're looking forward to the weekend, I can hardly believe that it's Friday already. The days are swishing by.

I'm back with another coloured page, this time from a Hanna Karlzon book, Midnight Masquerade,


 
This is the name page I coloured last year, can't remember at all what pencils I used, but here is the picture I've just finished.




Well, sorry to say that my lady's dress colour hasn't photographed well, the underskirt is a pale sky blue, anyhoo, I've coloured with Prismacolours and added soft pastels to the background. Added white  dots with a Posca pen.

My Friend Fiona and I met up earlier on in the week, and enjoyed  Costa coffee and lemon muffins, very naughty. It was lovely to see her, and believe it or not we laughed about so many things, in amongst the sadness of her illness. It never ceases to amaze me just how brave people with  diagnoses of the Big C are, an inner strength must be found from somewhere. She is very positive, which goes a long way in helping psychologically and emotionally, so I believe. The next step is more surgery in a couple of weeks. And...she has taken up colouring!! thinking ahead to when she has to go for treatment, she can take a bag with pencils and a book. Thanks to you all for your well wishes for her.
And, thanks too for all your lovely comments on my last post, very much appreciated.
Righty oh, that's me for now, better get on and see what we are eating tonight, I think it's going to be a pot luck meal lol.
Take care everyone and see you soon,


18 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What a striking image and beautifully coloured with the pencils Kate x. Yes were does time go? So glad you managed to meet up with Fiona and a coffee and muffin sounds good to me x.

Jackie T said...

Hi Kate your colouring is gorgeous. Love and hugs to you. Take care. Hugs Jackie

meg said...

Your colouring is exquisite Kate,the blue shades are beautiful,best wishes to Fiona,

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful coloured pages. Wishing your friend all the best. Anesha x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
your colouring always amazes me as it always looks so wonderful and beautifully coloured.
What a charming name for a book of colouring.
So glad your outing went well eith Fiona and yes you are so right about there inner strength when my sister only had months to live she was still so strong, posative, and happy.
It's just us looking on that feel like the weak ones.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

JD/ Jill said...

Your coloring is so beautifully done. Your friend sounds like a wondersul person. I hope her postive additude is healing for her...and coloring with pensils. My hobbies sure are "healing' for me. When I was taking my Mom for her chemo treatments my crochet always went along with me... It helped me too...and my Mom enjoyed seeing the work that I was working on.

Valerija said...

Wonderful colouring Kate.
Hugs
Valerija

cotnob said...

A beautiful colouring page Kate, she is gorgeous.
I'm so pleased that you had a lovely time with your friend.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Gorgeous colouring, love the blue tones choice!
Best wishes for your friend's health!
Hugs

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I love masquerade pis and she looks lovely in blue. Glad you had a nice meet up. Bet that cheered her up.

brenda said...

The images in this book are lovely Kate, a quirky feel to them and as always you've coloured beautifully.

B x

Christine Harrop said...

A beautifully coloured image as usual Kate. I love the lady and the shades of blue look wonderful - a real rhapsody in blue. TAke care. Christine xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a fabulous image, she looks like she is on her way to the masked ball. Love how you coloured her. How lovely to have a meeting with fun for your friend, I'm sure it made a difference to her for those few hours. Great that she is taking up your hobby too, it will be great therapy for her.
Faith x

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful colouring and lovely picture,

I went though the big C with my eye, I can underrstand just how she feels, I hope the colouring gives her some enjoyment and hope everything goes well.

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful picture and lovely colouring

I went thoough the big C with me eye and I cn understand how she feels, I hope the colouring will give her some enjoyment and I hope everything goes well

Pat said...

Your colouring is phenomenal Kate and the colours are glorious for this beautiful lady in her ball gown. I love her wonderful piled up hairdo and the way you have coloured it is fabulous. I love the added white Posca pen dots and the blue pastel background too which tones in perfectly. Glad you managed to meet up with your friend and great that she is managing to stay positive. x

Anet's Crafting said...

Your coloured pages are beautiful Kate. Love the way you coloured the lady's dress. Stunning. Hugs Anet

Sue said...

Oh my, your lady is beautiful. I love the blues and pretty coloring. And the hares are such fun. I am sure your meet up with your friend was a wonderful diversion from thinking of her illness right now. And sharing with you probably meant a lot to her also. I get together with four other gls twie a month and it does wonders for all of us.

Hugs
Sue