Wednesday 23 March 2022

April Showers in My Spring Walk

 Good Evening Everyone, I hope you are all well and managing to keep free of the dreaded Covid.

We have had a gorgeous day here, sunshine and heat, in fact it's been a lovely few days, so I hope you are all having good weather where ever you are.

Thank you all so much for the lovely comments on my CCC cards, as always you are very kind.

I have a coloured page tonight,


This page is from Rita Berman's Mein Fruhlings Spaziergang, and roughly translated is My Spring Walk.

Coloured with Castleart pencils, and I've used Stickles for some sparkle, on the clouds and raindrops and windows.


We are having at long last new neighbours, if you remember last year our neighbours Donny and Annette moved to sheltered housing, which was really sad as they had been next door for many years, well yesterday a very young couple came to have a look see at the house, gosh they did make us feel old. They will be renting and it's their first home together, everything went through today for them, so they brought mum and dad for a look. It will be lovely to have neighbours again, and they have the most adorable miniature Dachshund, I just love them. Anyway, they said they wouldn't be having wild parties, to which I replied that was a disappointment as we would love to go to a wild party lol. They seem a very pleasant couple and so very excited at the prospect of moving in.

Righty o, that's my news, I feel the need to get the pj's on so I'll love you and leave you and see you soon. Take care of yourselves,


 


21 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable page, so beautifully coloured. I'm glad you will have new neighboors early.
Hugs

Pat said...

You are so inventive with the different textures and finishes you use on your colouring pages Kate, and I love the bright and pretty houses with the gaily coloured umbrellas in the sky and those two cute cats, and the stickles add sparkle and shine so beautifully on the clouds and raindrops. Glad you have some nice new neighbours too. x

JD/ Jill said...

Cute image, and lovely coloring. Our weather has been ups and down...One day feels like the spring...the next not. And the rest of the week will seem like April...They a lot of rain in the forcast. (Good weather to make cards)

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful page and colouring Kate, love the gorgeous colours

meg said...

A fabulous Spring page Kate full of colour

Mia said...

A beautiful coloring page, Kate. I love how you colored it. Great color combo, my friend. And it is very good to have nice neighbours. Kisses!

Jackie T said...

Hi Kate your colouring is gorgeous. I hope it all works out with the new neighbours. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Mrs A. said...

I love your coloured page. Must have taken lots of patience but the result is lovely. Sorry not been around lately. The Doc had to have a minor operation that turned out to be not quite so minor. A small lump on his shoulder ended up being a two inch deep tumor. He is fee.img uncomfortable but doing ok. We are back at the hospital tomorrow for his dressing to be changed. Hugs Mrs A.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What an adorable page I love it. We have a young couple moving in next door too, also their first home. I hope they won’t be the loud party sort.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is a gorgeous page of colouring and texture Kate, a wonderful creation for my return to commenting! I hope things turn out well for the couple and you. Our neighbours have sold and can't find anything to move to, the couple, who have bought, are getting a little anxious in case our neighbour changes his mind.
Keep well
Faith x

Christine Harrop said...

Another delightful coloured page Kate. Lovely image. We have been having beautiful weather here for the last few days so yesterday we went out to a National Trust property and had afternoon tea after a wonderful walk around the gardens. Great that you are finally having neighbours and also nice to have some young people around. Shame you'll miss out on the wild parties though. Take care Christine xx

Flo Langley said...

Oh, I do love reading your posts Kate. You do make me smile. You will just have to have some wild parties of your own!! LOL! Fabulous page. Love it. Take care both, Hugs Flo xx

dutchess said...

How logorrhoea you to get new neighbours Kate maybe you should have the wild parties and teach them a thing or two…..take care xxx

Zoe Tant said...

The sun is here too and doesn't it make everyone feel brighter. Love the colouring. Zoe x

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous coloured page with a fantastic image Kate x. Enjoy the wild parties with your new neighbours....lol !!!!!

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
this is a wonderful example of your beautiful colouring skills.
You are so talented.
So glad you have new neighbours.
I have lived in sheltered housing for 15 years now as we moved here for Tony's health.
Now at the age of 73 I need it myself so it was the best move we made.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cotnob said...

A super colouring page Kath, I love the whimsical houses, the weather certainly has been wonderful hasn't it.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Lisa said...

Great coloring you did on the first card.

Congratulation on the new neighbors. It is wonderful getting to know new neighbors. It has been years since we had new neighbors in our area.

I love that whimsical image on the second card. Very spring and beautifully colored.

Sue said...

I love this coloring page, so much to look at and you colored it up beautifully. Must have taken hours!!

Sounds like you will be enjoying your new neighbors and their pup, especially now that warmer weather is on it's way (I hope, it is snowing here today AGAIN) and you will be in the yard more.

Hugs, Sue

wannabcre8tive said...

This page is beautiful. Excellent coloring skills. I am sure the new neighbors will love having you for a neighbor. I loved your comment about being disappointed about them not having any wild parties. 🤣

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A lovely page and it makes me feel happy just looking at it x