Sunday 6 March 2022

Christmas Bells for the CCC!

 Hello to You All, I hope things  are good for you and that you are enjoying the sunshine this morning, here in Inverness it's glorious,  a lovely crisp morning. I believe though there is snow forecast for next week, a blast from the Artic coming in.

Talking about the Artic, we have been watching a super documentary about the Artic with Bruce Parry, on Saturday evenings on channel 24, which I think is BBC 4. It's so interesting to learn how the indigenous people live and the concerns for their way of life in amongst the changes of environment. Bruce Parry is such a brilliant presenter and his concern for the Inuit people really shows. Anyhow, it's worth a look, although I don't think it's a new series.

Well, it's the Christmas Card Club Challenge time again, where did the last two weeks go???? This time Gran Margaret chose the theme of Christmas Bells.


 I have much inspired by my lovely Blogging Friend Marianne to get my Card-io stamps out, so that's what I've done for this challenge. Marianne has been making lovely wreath cards with the card-io stamps so I thought I would give one  a go. 

Various stamp sets used; The Bell is from Merrily on High, the wreath and leaves from Thorny Wreath, other foliage from Branching out, and the sentiment from Winter Wishes 4. I added red Liquid Pearls for the berries, matted on to blue card and finished off with little sparkle gems on the bell.

Thank you Margaret for such a lovely challenge, I enjoyed it.

Thank you all for your lovely comments on my last post for the Masquerade Lady, I do appreciate all your visits and comments.

Don't forget to have a look at what the other CCC ladies create, their cards are always fabulous.

Have a lovely day and keep safe,




27 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and gorgeous display of colours with that touch of red berries ♥

gwen70 said...

Stunning card, I love it xx

meg said...

A fabulous layout using your beautiful stamps Kate,a gorgeous almost monochromatic CAS Christmas card

dutchess said...

Fabulous card Kate…love all the stamps you have used…great design.
Beautiful day here as well,glorious sunshine…take care xxx

Mrs A. said...

Super card Kate. I like Cardio stamps for making up scenes. We have sunshine here at the moment but it is very cold. hugs Mrs A.

Zoe Tant said...

I hope you don't get too much snow! keep warm and safe inside. Lovely card and like the wreath frame it looks fab. Hugs Zoe x

Sue said...

Fabulous card Kate I'm trying to catch up with my commenting but I really needed to chill after such a hard journey home LOL hugs Sue x

brenda said...

Also watched that programme Kate, always find different cultures absorbing viewing. DO hope you don't get too much snow now we are hopefully heading into Spring.

So effective with just the hints of red and sparkle against the black.

B x

Crafting Queen said...

Lovely card you created. Anesha

Mac Mable said...

Loving the monochromatic look with the gentle pop of red for the berries Kate x. Enjoy the sunshine x.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A pretty wreath card Kate using these gorgeous little stamps.
Lorraine

Rita said...

Hello Kate. Your card is so stunning. I have lots of Cardio from our days in Glasgow and I tend to forget what I have. Senior Moments I guess. Been for another Echo Cardiogram so just waiting on results. The last few days have been glorious but a tad cold. Hugs Rita xxxx

Jackie T said...

Hi Kate your card is gorgeous. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

JD/ Jill said...

This is a lovely card for your Christmas challenge!

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful card Kate, so elegant. Such pretty wreath, love the red berries and the gems on the bell!!
Hugs

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kate, such a lovely wreath.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is such a gorgeous and creative card Kate, beautifully done.
We have a glorious but cold and Windy day. So good to see the sun.
Faith x

pam said...

Beautiful card Kate, perfect stamping,
Hugs Pam x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A beautiful card Kate and the sentiment is just perfect. It's still cold here and I can't say that I'm looking forward to another icy blast. I'm just hoping that spring won't be too long before it's with us and things start to warm up a bit x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I am so glad you got your stamps out S this is so elegant and stylish, great work

Birgit said...

This is a beautiful and elegant card. I love the simply navy blue and white with a bit of silver bling. Have you been following the horrific findings on the old schools run by priests and nuns here in Canada...it is disgusting.

Wendy L said...

It's gorgeous Kate,xxx

Pat said...

These Cardio stamps go together beautifully and the finished result is gorgeous Kate and I love the red berries and little sparkly gems on the bell..a terrific card. x

Valerija said...

Just beautiful! Love the image.
Valerija xx

Anet's Crafting said...

Your Christmas card is beautiful Kate. Love the red berries and bling you added. Hugs Anet

Sue said...

"Simply gorgeous" I love the design and the red pearls looks beautiful. Lovely holiday card, Kate.

Hugs
Sue

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful...keeping it black and white adds the look of elegance.
xx Karen