Wednesday 4 August 2021

Phalanx of Umbrellas!

 Hello there, how are you all doing, well I hope. Gosh we are mid week already, the weeks are just flying past. Have you noticed that it is getting darker earlier now too, soon be dark at 4 o'clock lol. Anyway, I hope your week is going well.

Alistair is away sailing with a couple of friends, so it's just Teallach and me for a couple of days, nice and quiet and I've control of the TV gizmo.

Thank you everyone who manages to visit and for the lovely comments you leave, all appreciated .

I have a coloured page today;


This Phalanx of umbrellas.....yes that's the collective noun for the, or one of them, the other is Spawn, but I preferred phalanx. So, I've coloured them with FC Polychromos pencils, DI with a cloud stencil in the background and of course Stickles for sparkle. I was really pleased with how this page turned out.

Here is the lovely book it's from, and loosely translated is, my lovely Spring Walk.

Well, that's me for now folks, away to zap my mushroom soup which will do me for my tea with some crusty bread. Enjoy your evening and see you soon, keep safe,



 

21 comments:

meg said...

Your umbrella page is bright and cheery lots of beautiful colours and a fabulous bouquet of flowers

Jackie T said...

Hi Kate that is a gorgeous page your colouring is just amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is gorgeous, lovely image and colouring

cotnob said...

A fabulous colouring page Kate, you have lots of super colouring books.
I hadn't noticed that it is getting darker earlier, I'm not looking forward to darker evenings!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

brenda said...

The colours you have used given a lovely summery feel Kate and brollies have been the order of the day this summer in these parts.

B x

Mac Mable said...

What a pretty image and your colouring looks fabulous Kate. I like how you further embellish the page with the stencilling x.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful colouring Kate, a lovely page obviously too. xx

Jules said...

Hi Kate

Another great colouring page .. .. and I love the stencilled background you have added.

Hope you are enjoying your time with the TV gizmo as much as Alistair will be enjoying his sailing.

Love Jules xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

That's really cute Kate. I like the zingy colours x

Sue said...

Fabulous page Kate and the sound of your soup and crusty bread made my mouth water! hugs Sue x

Lorraine said...

Fabulous colouring Kate
Lorraine x

Valerija said...

Fabulous page. Love the image.
Valerija xx

Jennifer Johnston said...

Loving your umbrellas picture Kate. It is so modern
and fresh. Love the colours you have chosen too.
Beautifully coloured as always. Hope you enjoyed your
soup and crusty bread. Take care and stay safe.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Margarets designer cards said...

That is a beautiful page, I love your colouring
Hope you are well and enjoying the peace,

Catherine Sydney said...

It really feels good to find an idea blog post such as this, nice articles.

sallysbitz2 said...

What a great image that you have coloured perfectly x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Beautiful colouring Kate and I love the umbrellas. Yes, it’s definitely staring to get dark earlier! x

Sue said...

I love the umbrellas, who knew there was a word (or 2) for a gathering of umbrellas! Fun coloring page and beautifully done.

Best part of the hubs going away for a couple of days is NOT having to make dinner! Soup and bread sounds good to me!

Hugs
Sue

Pat said...

What a delightful image with the phalanx of umbrellas Kate...I had no idea that's what the collective term was, and such beautiful colouring and inspired use of the clourd stencil used as a background. I hope Alistair enjoyed his sailing and you enjoyed having full charge of the remote..lol. x

Sally H said...

Gorgeous colouring as always Kate! I love the colours you used

Karen Dunbrook said...

adorable!
xx Karen