Sunday 29 August 2021

Lots of Layers for the CCC!

 Hi there, how are thing with you all? I hope that your weather is good and you are enjoying your weekend.

We have has a lovely few days with temperatures comfortable for me, can't be doing with it baking hot, and great for getting the washing out and dried......gosh I live an exciting life lol.

Anyway, here we are once again showing our makes for the Christmas Card Club Challenge and this time it's Lorraine who has chosen the theme, which is Lots of Layers. Here's what I managed;



 Both my cards are made with LOTV digital images, and this second card also has a LOTV sentiment. Apart from glitter card and coloured card for layers all I've added is glitter and gems. 

I finally got my printer working, not wirelessly though, I had to give up on that as nothing I tried worked, even a WhatsApp chat with an HP person didn't work as her system was down, mind you she couldn't understand my question. So, I ended up with a USB cable and I'm happy with that, not so convenient as I have to take the laptop into my craftroom where the  printer is, but no big deal.

Anyhoo, Lorrain thank you so much for the lovely challenge, and I got to use the lovely Noel image which I had planned for last challenge with the candle theme, I enjoyed the challenge.

I had my results back from my endoscopy test, and thankfully no cancers were found, however, I have something called angiodysplastic lesion in my colon which are blood vessel that bleed into the colon and polyps in my stomach, both could be causing the anemia, so I've to go for more camera tests for them to decide on treatment. I can't bear the thought of having to drink that vile stuff again, but I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet. A real relief though to know there was nothing sinister found.

The Professor has made arrangements for the tests, but hasn't told me when, so I'll have to phone the hospital next week. He also said that he was aware of my diabetes and was impressed with how I managed my blood sugar over the time I was without insulin and food, i must have a gold star somewhere lol.

Thank you all so much for the kind words and encouragement regarding going for the test, and a thank you too for the lovely comments on my coloured page. 

Right it o, that's me for now,  remember to look at what the other team members create, their card are always fabulous, till next time take care of yourselves



25 comments:

dutchess said...

Two lovely cards Kate…what great images I do love the LOTV stuff…..
So glad your results were good and that you can have treatment for your lesions and polyps….not a pleasant procedure..I had to have 2 last year but better that and peace of mind with the results….
Hope you have a lovely weekend …take care xxx

meg said...

Two beautiful cards Kate,the traditional colours in the first are gorgeous,and the image in the second adorable

Jackie T said...

Hi Kate your cards are gorgeous. I hope everything gets sorted out for you. Take care. Hugs Jackie

gwen70 said...

Beautiful cards xx

cotnob said...

Two fabulous cards Kate, a beautiful image on the first and lovely scene on the second.
Thank goodness your tests came back with no signs of cancer, not a nice thought having to go through the endoscopy again but hopefully they will be able to do something to solve the problem, these things always seem to take so long don't they!
Take care.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Margarets designer cards said...

Two beautiful cards, I love the polar bear one,

I am sorry you have a problem and its good they have found it and hopefully can treat it quickly, I have stomach problems and have had the camera down many times, I know that stuff is bad to drink, hopefully now you wont have to do it again for for a while and they can sort you out without any more drinks. I am also a diabetic well done on keeping your sugar level right.

Have a good week.

Christine Harrop said...

Well you are halfway there with your results Kate. Here's hoping you get good news after the next investigation. Good luck. I never managed to get my printer working remotely. but fortunately my PC and printer are both in my craft. Two beautiful cards. How can you go wrong with LOTV? Take care. Hugs Christine xx

Sue said...

Two beautiful cards Kate and so pleased nothing sinister was found and sorry to hear you have to drink that vile stuff again! I had a right pickle when I got my new printer but after many hours of huffing and puffing it finally worked ..and I love the simple things in life like getting washing dried on the line LOL lots of hugs Sue x

Jennifer Johnston said...

I love both of these cards Kate. Such a beautiful image on
the first card and I just love that little bear looking up
at the moon, so cute. Pleased to hear there is nothing
serious to worry about with the test results. Fingers
crossed for good results after the next investigation.
Hope you are enjoying your Bank Holiday weekend. Take care.
Love & Hugs Jennifer xx.

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely cards Kate, great colours too....glad your results are ok and the lesions are normal finds. xx

Valerija said...

Fabulous Christmas cards. Love them both.
Valerija xx

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kate
Two fabulous cards …stunners …. Happy you got good news …
Take Care
Hugs Sylvie xx

brenda said...

As always a super card. They loved Sky, now heading towards Aviemore.

B x

Mrs A. said...

Am so relieved to hear that your results are back and not as serious as you were worrying about. I hope they can get aa treatment sorted out for you now.
Hugs Mrs A.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable both your cards! I'm pleased you haven't serious ills!
Hugs

Wendy L said...

Both cards are lovely Kate and both so different.
Back to the heat of Spain later today, xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Sorry to be so late commenting, I'm on catch-up now :)
I'm glad to hear that your news from the hospital wasn't as bad as you thought and hope they can sort out a treatment soon for you. There is such a lot of waiting in between appointments nowadays.
Fabulous cards for my challenge this time, glad you enjoyed it and I;ll endeavour to be on time at the next one :)
Lorraine

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

These are both gorgeous Kate, but the first card especially caught my eye x

Karen Dunbrook said...

such delightful, well done cards.
You are so kind, thanks so very much for all the visits and comments you leave for me...so appreciated.
I am so behind, so glad I am here to visit you now.
xx Karen

Sue said...

Both cards are so lovely. The little girl is charming and I love Polar Bears, so I am loving your card. Glad that your tests came out good for you.

Hugs
Sue

Zoe Tant said...

Good to hear that you are getting answers Kate and pleased no cancer found. Hope all sorted soon for you. Lovely cards with pretty colours and imagery. Zoe x

Jules said...

Hi Kate

So pleased your results didn't show anything sinister .. .. hopefully they can now improve things for you. Shame about needing to have repeat cameras though.

Two lovely Christmas cards, the little bear on the second one is super cute.

Love Jules xx

Mac Mable said...

Both cards are so beautiful Kate and the second one is so very cute x.
Thank you for sharing about your results Kate and I am so glad that there is nothing sinister.....it must have been a worrying time for you? You sure do have a gold star x.

Pat said...

Two beautiful cards using LOTV digital images Kate and some great layering in coordinating colours to finish them beautifully. So pleased that there was nothing truly bad to be found from your test Kate and hopefully further tests will bring about some resolution to the problems found. x

Darnell said...

I've finally had the chance for a catch-up with you, Kate, and I'm sorry to hear you've had to/have to go for nasty kinds of tests, but delighted to hear there is no cancer. I hope you get through the rest of the rigmarole and they have something that can stop the bleeding and get rid of the anemia. It will be nice to have some energy again! In the meantime, you are still making the prettiest cards!! Love and hugs, Darnell (⭐ there's your gold star!)