Sunday 15 August 2021

Candles for the CCC!

 Hello Everyone, hope you are all having a great weekend and that your weather is good.

We went sailing yesterday, I was invited to go with the guys and it was marvellous, but more about that further down the post.

It's time for another Christmas Card Challenge and this time is our Valery who has chosen cards with candles on them. Now I bought quite a few LOTV digital stamps and had a beautiful one all lined up for this challenge, but couldn't print it out, as my printer isn't going online. I believe this is to do with having a new router and it not recognising the printer, but having spent the best part of the day trying to work out how to fix this I had to give up, so my cards are not quite what I'd planned, but at least I've go something, well two really.



Both images are from Geko Galz and you'll notice that they both have lanterns and I would guess that they have candles in them...a bit of artistic licence lol. I've jazzed them up with gems and Stickles for sparkle, and used some lovely papers and glitter card.

I hope these will do  Valery, and thank you for the lovely challenge, I did enjoy making my cards.

So on to my little sailing trip. We sailed part way down Loch Ness, on Tor's little boat, and stopped off at Drumnadrochit for a wee picnic. Getting on and off the boat was something else for a wee stiff lassie, but I made it with the help of the other crew members;





Alistair, Tor and Derek and a picnic


This beautiful ship is a Baltic Trader and 129 years old, all wood and brass, and belongs to friends of Tor and we were invited on board and what a fiasco that was for me trying to get on, but made it once again, and sailed with them for a bit, and had a couple of glasses of wine too. Then as Alistair had his fiddle and Malcolm the ships owner had his guitar we had a wee musical session,



By this time it was realised that we needed to get back in order to go through the locks before they closed for the night, so Tor's boat was attached to the large one and was towed along, then we had to get back into the smaller boat to go through the locks, here is the Kommandor sailing into berth



I've put the photos around the wrong way, this is beitn towed along the Loch.

I had such a wonderful day and just what I needed, after 18 months staring a four walls, like many folks. Loch Ness is so beautiful, and although not the best of days it was pretty calm and it was so good to be out in the fresh air, meeting new people and being so welcomed on this beautiful ship.  It will keep me going for a good while and it took my mind off the medical procedure I'm having on Wednesday to investigate what's going one with my stomach. I'm not looking forward to it as having diabetes makes things a bit more complicated as I have to stop eating the day before and not take any insulin, so it means monitoring my Blood Glucose very closely. Anyway, I do need to get this sorted.

I'm afraid this is such a long post, so don't feel you have to keep reading, but thank you if you do.

Also thank you for the lovely comments on my last post, I do appreciated them.

Please remember to have a look at what the other team members create, their cards are always fabulous.

That's me for now, enjoy the rest of your weekend and keep yourselves safe, see you soon,



27 comments:

meg said...

Two brilliant cards Kate,I'm sure the lanterns count,so jealous of your day out,it's been a long,long time since I was out sailing.My gt grandfather was the engineer for the Caledonian canal

Sue said...

Fantastic cards Kate and oh what a fabulous time you have had!!! I love Loch Ness last time we were in Scotland we took a boat trip out ..it's really gorgeous I loved it...but didn't spot Nessie LOL Hope your op goes great and I'll be thinking of you..take care and lots of hugs Sue x

Christine Harrop said...

Kate you've given us two fabulous cards - and of course those lanterns have candles in them! Wow! What a fabulous day you have had. It must have done you the world of good. I'm so looking forward to being able to do something soon. Hugs Christine xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Kate your cards are gorgeous. It looks like you had a wonderful day out. Have a good week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

rachel said...

two fabulous cards Kate - I was a bit of a cheat doing the anything goes cards but you were very clever using lanterns! Your trip in the boat looked and sounds wonderful - just the tonic like you said!
Hope everything goes well with your procedure - and that they discover what the problem is.
Big hugs rachel xx

dutchess said...

Two lovely cards Kate..those gnomes are so cute…Glad you had a good trip and hope your procedure goes well…I will be thinking of you…take care xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Two lovely cards Kate and those images are gorgeous.
Your photos show that you had a most enjoyable day out and as you say, we have all been cooped up indoors for so long that it is such a joy to do something different. I hope all goes well for you on Wednesday too x
Lorraine

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Great cards, the top one is such fun. Sounds like a lovely day out and just what you needed. Thanks for sharing your pics.

Marlene Atkinson said...

2 fantastic cards, the 1st one is my favourite of the 2. Hope your operation goes well. Marlene

Jannet said...

What a wonderful day you had, with lots f new memories made. I hope all goes well with your procedure, take care xx

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful cards amazing in fact and love the gorgeous photos...xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

First of all Kate, I have to say that I completely understand your frustration with your printer not working as I had exactly the same issue! It took me ages to get it sorted and I’m still not sure how I managed it. I think I had to completely uninstall it, then start again from scratch. I was pretty much ready for throwing it out, which should have been a shame as it’s the first one I’ve found in ages that prints on card. Your cards are lovely, as are your photos. A day sailing sounds wonderful. I hope that all goes well with your medical procedure and that it doesn’t take too long, I’ll be thinking of you. Crafty hugs, Sandra x

brenda said...

What great photos Kate and it looks like a wonderful day out, sounds like just what you needed right now. Love the Gnomes as well.

B x

gwen70 said...

Two wonderful cards Kate, Sounds a fabulous day out so pleased you enjoyed it.Scotland is so beautiful we have just come back from a week on the isle of Mull and it was gorgeous.
Good luck with the procedure you are having on Wed, will think about you xx

Elizabeth said...

Two lovely cards, Kate, and I'm certain you're right to imagine there's candles in the lamps. The boat trip(s) look fun ... I'm a land lubber so I'd have trouble getting on and off too. Good luck with the investigation. I hope it all goes well an your problem is identified and treated. Hugs, Elizabeth x

cotnob said...

Two super Christmas cards Kate and great photographs, it looks like you had a lovely day.
I hope all goes well with your visit to the hospital.
Take care.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Those are really lovely cards Kate. Looks like you had a really great time x

Sue said...

Beautiful cards, love the kitty in the tree and the gnomes!
Your adventure on the boat(s) looked like such fun and I can tell despite getting on and off you enjoyed it so much. Goo luck with your medical appointment, hope all goes well and you get some answers.

hugs
Sue

pam said...

Beautiful cards Kate, wow your outing looks marvellous! not kean on small boats myself..prefer the cruise ones lol
Hugs Pam x

Jennifer Johnston said...

Two fabulous cards Kate, I love them both ! Such
cute gnomes lol. What an exciting adventure
you have had sounds wonderful. Hope all goes well
with your procedure on Wednesday and you get some good
results. Thank you so...much for the lovely comment
you left on my blog, so very kind of you. Take care
Kate and thank you again.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Two lovely cards with fun images and great photos of your day on the boat! The LochNess lake is bigger than I thought. :)

Mac Mable said...

Both lantern/candle cards are wonderful and what a super cute gnome one x. Sorry about your printer problems. What a memorable day out you both had and one to cherish Kate x. Good luck with the medical procedure x.

Valerija said...

Fantastic!
Valerija xx

Birgit said...

Oh boy..I see what you had to go through and it's rough when one is diabetic. I love your cards with the gnome and love the black cat..very dreamy. It looks like you gad a wonderful time with friends on a beautiful boat!

Mrs A. said...

Glad I stopped by again to check your posts as I nearly missed these two super cards for my challenge. Glad you enjoyed making them hugs Mrs A.

Pat said...

What a wonderful day's sailing you had Kate and with the beautiful surroundings of Loch Ness..as you say just what you needed to give you a boost. x

Karen Dunbrook said...

beautiful cards mf...
Your pictures look like such a fun time. So nice to see people getting back to some kind of normal.
xx Karen