Monday 26 July 2021

Off to Sea in a Blue Boat!

Hello Friends and Visitors, I hope you are well and that you all had a good weekend. We had a quiet one, though we did go for a drive through to Nairn, but it was so busy, we decided to go with plan B and shop in Sainsbury. That wasn't a great experience either, quite a few empty shelves. So bought what I could then drove home. The highlight of the drive was spying a field of alpacas, but we couldn't stop as they were quite far in and we would probably be trespassing. I do love these animals, they are so sweet, and their fleece makes for even warmer knitted garments than sheep yarn.

Our boiling heat and blazing sunshine has disappeared somewhat, thankfully, and I think we has some rain through the night. What a sad state this planet is in with all the extreme weather some countries are experiencing, my heart goes out to all the peoples suffering either from the floods or the fires, not just people either, all the poor animals that are loosing their lives too is just so awful. I really hope humanity can do something about it, or there's going to be no planet left.

With that less than cheery note, here is today's coloured picture;


 



Another of Johanna Basford's books, this is the first page I've done in it and used mainly Caran D'Ache Luminance pencils, my background was made with DI, still learning how to blend them well. As usual I added Stickles for some sparkle. On the whole I'm pretty pleased with it.
Thank you so much for all the lovely comments on my previous card.
That's me for now, keep safe and I'll see you soon,


 

22 comments:

Sue said...

Gorgeous. what beautiful colors and scene this is, Kate. Nicely done!!

Hugs
Sue

Jackie T said...

Hi Kate this is a gorgeous coloured page. I love it. Have a good week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Elizabeth said...

Hi Kate, love this image, very imaginative, and your colouring is beautiful. Hugs xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

A wonderful page, and such fabulous colouring!

meg said...

Beautiful colours and colouring on this fabulous page Kate

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a beautiful picture, so pretty

cotnob said...

A lovely page Kate, a fabulous scene and you have coloured it beautifully.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jules said...

Hi Kate

I agree with you .. .. .. the planet is in a very sorry state at the moment. :-(

A beautiful colouring project though .. .. love the colours you have used and the glow from the lantern. All so lovely.

Hope you have a good week.

Love Jules xx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

What a striking card Kate. The turquioise blue colour has a real impact as it stands out beautifully. I echo your sentiments about the planet. I was saying as much to my Hubby last night. It just feels like the world is falling apart right now. I do worry about what it will be like when our grandchildren are grown, I just dread to think! x

Mac Mable said...

What a whimsical and amazing image and your colouring looks so pretty Kate. The blending of the inks on the background looks fabulous and atmospheric x.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I think you should be more than pretty pleased with your colouring Kate, it is GORGEOUS. Yes! so sad for all those people involved in the disasters going on around the world. And a respite from the heat here is welcome too. :)
Faith x

Sue said...

This is so lovely Kate and I'm so glad the heat has finally died down and your right it's so frightening what is happening to our planet..wild fires destroying everything in their path and floods and extreme heat. Take care and stay safe lots of hugs Sue x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Beautiful colours and I love the glow from the lantern.
It is very sad hearing the news and seeing the awful things happening around the globe, if only the human race could work together I'm sure we could bring about change and find a lasting solution but unfortunately it seems that there is too much greed and selfishness in the world for that to happen. (soap box put away now)
Lorraine

Pat said...

This JB design is enchanting with the leafy boat and sail and I love the toadstool and the beautiful waves, beautifully coloured Kate and the added blended inks in the background look so pretty. I'm sorry your trip out to Nairn ended up being a trip to Sainsbury. Hubby went in to get me some things this morning and down here in the south west the shelves are somewhat empty too..still we won't starve. x

Birgit said...

I have this colouring book! I have not coloured this one though and you did a great job especially blending the background and using the blues to achieve this dreamlike effect. Stickers is always great to use. I. Glad the heat has passed for you. It has been sticky and icky. My asthma has been acting up which sucks. I feel so badly formthe animals with all the fires raging in Canada. In BC bears have come directly to an animal sanctuary looking for water and comfort from the fires. I cried when they showed the picture of the bear because the bear looked like it was crying. I can’t get it out of my head.

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Oh that's really lovely x

Valerija said...

Beautiful image and great coloured.
Valerija xx

Margarets designer cards said...

Fabulous colouring and beautiful page, I really love your page

At last its a bit cooler down here and I am feeling a bit better, would be nice to get rid of the pain in my hips

Hope you are keeping well and stay safe

Zoe Tant said...

Beautiful colouring Kate. The weather has definitely changed. Let's hope pleasant sunshine returns soon. Our daughter was up your way with work this week and said she was jealous of your views. Hugs Zoe x

Jennifer Johnston said...

Love this image Kate, 'the owl & the pussy cat' nursery rhyme came to mind when I first saw it. It is a fabulous scene and your colouring is as usual, amazing. The waves are great too. I hope you enjoy colouring the other images in this book.....I bet they are just as stunning. Take care Kate.
Love & Hugs Jennifer xx.

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
what a very beautiful coloured page of your book.
Your colouring is so beautifully done and it looks awesome.
So sorry about you trip being cancelled Sainsburys is no match for a nice day out.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Sally H said...

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous!!!