Tuesday 6 July 2021

The Laughing Shark!

 Hello Everyone, I hope you all had a lovely weekend, and that your week is off to a good start.

We've had the thunder, lightening and rain in rods over the weekend, but it's not too bad a day today. Alistair and I have gotten a bit of gardening done this afternoon and I was at my aqua class this morning. It never ceases to amaze me that I love it, especially as I'm not an exercise kind of girl.

I only manage two classes a week, at the moment there are only three, and I have to be up for the booking line opening at 6.30 in the hope I can get a place as there are only 9 places due to the covid regulations. This of course might change over the coming weeks.

I'm not happy that restrictions are being lifted in England, and I'll be even more unhappy if our Nicola follows suit. I will be wearing my mask for the foreseeable future. I'd hate to think I would be responsible for passing the virus on. There are still too many unknowns at the moment and independent scientists....not those on the Sage teams who follow Johnston, think it's stupid to throw away masks and social distancing. I'm following them.

We will however have to learn to live with this virus, but as far as I'm concerned, everyone will have to be vaccinated, throughout the world, for everyone to be more safe. 

Anyway, these are my thoughts for what they are worth.

Thank you for all of your kind comments left on my last post, I do appreciated them and it helps encourage me.

I have a coloured page today;


 Isn't this a fun shark!, I'm not sure if he's laughing or showing off his gold fillings lol, he's coloured with Bambino Clay Crayons, everything else is coloured with Derwent Coloursoft and Lightfast pencils.  The ocean is coloured with Derwent Inkintense pencils.

This is the book the page is from:


There are some really lovely pages in this book and it was as cheap as chips. 

Anyhoo, that's me for today, keep yourselves safe and hope to see you soon,





20 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Kate..I totally agree I will be continuing to wear my mask I think it's totally ridiculous! Great card by the way hugs Sue x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

I have to agree with you Kate. I’m fed up of it all now but I think it’s ridiculous to open everything up and to do away with masks. I just hope that the deaths don’t start to rocket up again. I have to admit that the thought of it all terrifies me and I too will continue to wear a mask in public places. Your colouring page is super and I don’t ever think I’ve seen a shark that looks so friendly, he’s magnificent x

meg said...

A brilliant page Kate I think the shark is smiling

brenda said...

I'm another who thinks lifting all the restrictions is ridiculous, we/I had just about reached a position where I was starting to make small steps to visit a shop, now I feel I'm back to square one and shielding will just continue.

You've done a brilliant job with this page, not easy colouring in neutral colours.

B x

Wendy L said...

I love your Jaws Kate, I think he is laughing.
We still have to wear our masks except when walking well away from others, going in shops or bars, we have to wear them

Jackie T said...

Hi Kate this is a fantastic page I love your colouring. I am going to keep wearing my mask. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Great colouring as always, and the two baby sharks are so cute.

aussie aNNie said...

Lovel your sharky colours Kate.
I was shocked to hear here in Australia that the UK is going free of masks etc...gosh. Sydney is in huge lock down as the new virus has shaken a few up and is spreading like wild fire....hope this doesn't happy to the UK ... Take care. xx

cotnob said...

A super colouring page Kate, I wouldn't like to come face to face with him - so many teeth!
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Valerija said...

What a fabulous page and I love your fun sharky.
Valerija xx

Marianne's Craftroom said...

I agree but can see both sides, if they don’t lift restrictions now then when do they. We shall carry on as we have been wearing masks. I do feel safer being vaccinated but won’t be going anywhere crowded. Your page is fun, reminds me of the shark in Finding Nemo. Funny weather here, sunny then pours with rain for a few minutes. Very dull and cloudy this morning.

Jules said...

Hi Kate

Well I for one will be wearing my face mask for a very long time and I must admit even though they are calling it "freedom day" our "cautious lifestyle here won't be changing for a while.

A great colouring page. Your shark looks 3D.

Pleased you are enjoying your aqua classes, when you get to take part, at least you won't meet any sharks there LOL!!

Take care Kate and stay safe.

Love Jules xx

Mrs A. said...

I concur with your sentiments exactly and won't be going anywhere if
I can help it. Not even sure if I we will make it to the Funeral as it will be a 4 hr journey and with the restrictions of 30 still in place which may or may not still be the ruling everything is up in the air. Time and covid are not my friends right now. Weather is so changeable . Sat in summerhouse and keeping an eye out for Mr Squirrel!!! . Your colouring page is great. Not heard of those pencils you have used. Hugs Mrs A.

Sue said...

I think he is laughing and is so darn cute. Pretty coloring, Kate.

Hugs
Sue

Lisa said...

Super cute image and wonderful coloring of it too. Oh that book looks like it will have some incredible pages to color too.

Dortesjs said...

I love your Jaws to..and the cute ocean life book. i colour to you see

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A stunning page Kate, I like to think he's smiling :)
Lorraine

Diane said...

A great colored page Kate, our restrictions have lifted also, but a business can set their own rules which can make figuring out if you should be wearing a mask or not. So I just keep wearing it everywhere.

Hugs diane

Margarets designer cards said...

Love your shark, I think he’s just showing you his teeth.

Sorry it’s a late comment I have got so behind,

No I know I live in the south west of England, but I don’t want him opening up and then it goes back to a lockdown, it’s ok saying we have to live with this virus but I will still wear my mask, I was told I would die if I got the virus ok I have been vaccinated but I know I can still get it. Hope you stay safe and well

Sally H said...

Love your shark! It's like a Colgate advert! Beautiful colouring. I agree mask-wise, I too will continue to wear one when shopping and inside anywhere where there are people I don't know, not that we will do much of that other than shopping.