Wednesday 2 August 2023

Fun in the Surf!

 Hello Friends and Visitors, hoping you are all well and having a good week so far.

It's been two lovely days, especially since rain was forecast. Spent yesterday in our back garden with a friend who volunteered her services to get the garden which was overwhelmingly overgrown back into shape. She is a keen gardener so we are very grateful. Neither Alistair or  I are gardeners, although I love the plants and flowers. I have over the years wasted so much money with plants that haven't grown.  I'm pretty achy after my stint, but I have to say I enjoyed it.

Anyhoo, here I am with another Journal page,



Not going with Lavinia stamps today, these lovely sea creatures are all stamps from a Creative Stamping magazine. Stamped and cut out and coloured with Zig Clean colour pens. I found an old stencil and used a textured paste and make this fun background. Elements inks in the background. Turned out rather  well I think.

Thank you so much for your lovely comments on my last journal page.

Enjoy your evening, take care till next time




12 comments:

meg said...

A beautiful background and gorgeous sealife Kate the texture paste gives fantastic dimension to your card

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A fabulous underwater scene, love those dolphins and textured background.
Lorraine

Mrs A. said...

What a fabulous page for your jornal. It has done nothing but rain here all day. No sooner do I get out in the garden when rain stops play. Come indoors and the sun comes out for 5 mins. I feel like one of those statutes in a weather clock!! hugs Mrs A.

brenda said...

The stencil is perfect as a backdrop for the sea creatures Kate. Enjoy your garden plants and the sun when you can, it's pretty sparse in the Fens.

B x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wonderful!! Such amazing scene, love so much both the stamps you used and your colouring. The dimension you achieved with the paste and the stencil looks really fabulous!! Well done!

Sue said...

Fab underwater scene Kate...we have help from the Grandson's to do our garden which are a god send! hugs x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful journal Kate, love the dolphins and turtle and colours are stunning the effect is always great and your journals and cards looks beautiful ♥

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a kind friend you have, I suspect you love looking at your rejuvenated garden? Love your sea and sea animals, wonderful design Kate.
Faith x

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful sealife card, Kate. I love how you used the texture paste.

Shirley

Lisa said...

Fabulous texture for those wonderful images.

Margarets designer cards said...

Fabulous journal page, lovely colouring and sea life

With the amount of rain we have been having we may be floating up to you

Pat said...

What a gorgeous card Kate and I love the leaping dolphins and turtle and so beautifully coloured, and the texture paste on the waves is spectacular. I have these stamps too and in fact my jellyfish is in this freebie set. I have used the dolphins but not the turtle so you have inspired me to use this lovely fellow. Glad you have had some good weather and have been able to spend time in the garden, and lovely of your friend to help you get it in order. x