Sunday 6 August 2023

A Desert Duet!

Hello Everyone, I hope you are well and enjoying your weekend. We were supposed to have rain today, but it's been sunny and warm, so I got a bit of gardening done, planted some French Lavender in a border. I just love lavender, but I was working around the bees who also love this plant. Thankfully I didn't get stung.

A fortnight has passed and it's time for the Christmas Card Club Challenge and this time the theme is Humour, here is what I've come up with;

Hobby Art's fabulous singing camels, I'm sure you all know them.

I started off with Watercolour card from Lavinia Stamps, and coloured the background with both Zig Clean pens and Elements ink. All the stamps are from Hobby Art, I stamped and cut out the sentiment, than added WoS and Stickles. Shame the sparkle doesn't show up all that well. I have to say I love these guys and pleased with how it's turned out.

Thank you for your lovely comments on my last post, as ever most appreciate.

I'm off to walk over to see Damian and Moreen who are off for a wee break and I'm looking after the cats. Milo and Rowan are going with them and it's the first holiday the dogs have been on, in fact it's the first time any of them have been on holiday since Damian and Moreen have been together and that's are 20 years. They are real home birds, so I'm delighted they are going away.

So enjoy the rest of your day, take care and I'll see you soon,





20 comments:

meg said...

Hope Damian and Moreen have a wonderful break with the dogs,a fabulous card Kate,love the camel's and sentiment

Zoe Tant said...

Love this Kate really fun! Sounds like you did lots of work on this card, but worth it. Hope the friends have a great time. Hugs Zoe x

dutchess said...

Such a fun card Kate…I just love those images they make me laugh…
The weather has been so awful this past week we even have the heating on!…take care xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is certainly a fun card, love those camels and the sentiment. I will be joining in soon and catching up with the themes I have missed shortly.
Lorraine

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such fun camels, I have never seen them before. Your card looks so beautiful, and love your watercolouring!
Hope Damian and Moreen -and their dogs- have a lovely holiday :)
Hugs

Sue said...

This did make me chuckle Kate what fab camels! hope Damian and Moreen have a great time with the dogs hugs Sue x

brenda said...

It's a great fun card Kate and I can imagine the glitter and sparkle. Glad you got into the garden, think we got everyones share of rain over the weekend, it was torrential, but they say it's going to be warmer this week, been down to 8/9 deg last two nights.

B x

gwen70 said...

Wonderful card Kate, I nearly used the same stamps, xx

Wendy L said...

What a great fun card Kate, they are cute, xxx

Gibmiss said...

Fabulous fun card Kate …hobby Arts do some amazing fun stamps
Hugs Sylvie xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! This is fun and wonderful Kate, what a Super card, love your colouring too.
Faith x

Christine said...

Brilliant stamp. This is sure to brighten someone's Christmas and make them smile every time they look at it!

pam said...

Fabulous fun card Kate, lovely colouring.
Hope Damian and Moreen have a wonderful break.
Pam x

Valerija said...

What a cute and fun image. I love it!
Valerija xx

Darnell said...

Oh, my gosh, Kate, I can't stop giggling over your card! How have I not seen this set and sediment before?! (Or am I round-the-bend, she asks, not remembering?) Regardless, it's a hoot! I'm glad you got a break from the rain and were able to plant a heather border without getting stung. And I'm also glad that Damian and Moreen have gone away after 20 years! I hope all went smoothly so maybe they will start leaving the homebird nest more often. I'll bet the dogs loved it! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh this image is just fantastic. This is a fantastic fun Christmas card. If this were sent to me I think I would make it the featured Christmas card for the year. Big smile.

wannabcre8tive said...

Oh my gosh, the Christmas giraffes are just adorable. I love it.❤️

Sue said...

A fun card for sure! I love the humor and you have designed and colored it up beautifully.

Hugs
Sue

Pat said...

These camels make such a fun card Kate, and the background trees and sand dunes are perfect, and just love the sentiment. I hope Damian and Moreen had a nice break away. x

Marlene Atkinson said...

This is a beautiful fun card, gorgeous background. Marlene