Wednesday 26 July 2023

Happiness Flying Home!

Hello Everyone, I hope things are going tickity boo for you all, and that your having a good week so far.
Our weather is so up and down just now, wearing a fleece one day and a tee shirt another. Still, nowhere near the extreme weather that some countries are experiencing, frightening and heartbreaking for the people concerned, not to mention the poor wildlife.
 It amazes me that there are still people refusing to believe that the climate is knackered, and our political leaders are really doing nothing to help combat it. 

Anyway, I'm here tonight with something a wee bit different, it's the first page of my Lavinia Calendar 2024,

 I've coloured the background with Elements ink and stamped various tree images along with the lovely flying owl. Sentiments are from Lavinia's sticker sentiments. Splatters of Posca and waterdrops. Fairy has her wings coloured with gel pens with colours to tie in with the sky.
Thank you for the lovely comments on my last card, that's all for now, take care of yourselves


11 comments:

meg said...

A wonderful scene Kate,your stamped images are so beautiful against the amazing background colours,love the fairy too

Sue said...

Oh wow Kate I love this! love that image so much hugs x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is gorgeous Kate, the colours in the sky look amazing. Lovely stamping and a beautiful start to your calendar project.
Lorraine

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow! Such amazing calendar page!! The scene you created is really stunning! Love the muted colours of the trees and that sky!
Hugs

Pat said...

Beautiful colours and such a pretty scene Kate..looking forward to seeing what you will use for the other months. x

brenda said...

Our weather certainly is strange this year isn't it, yesterday was warm for a change, enough to sit outside, then by mid afternoon cardi came out and so did the rain.

I love the idea of your calendar, how lovely to create a scene that reflects you and a little bit of magic as well.

B x

aussie aNNie said...

It's a wonderful page with this great colouring Kate, I have been trying to get this calendar but always sold out xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! How wonderful Kate, you will be able to enjoy your work and everyone else will too, with your stunning page.
As for Summer? We had the heating on last night, a real brr night with thrashing rain. I hope we get another taste of Summer before it's gone, 'til next year.
Faith x

Jennifer Johnston said...

Hello Kate, I love your January calendar page. The colours are stunning and the scene you have created is just beautiful. Hope you are both well.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Lisa said...

Oh my goodness I love the calendar. Great colors. Oh this is just brilliant that you can create a calendar. I need to look at getting one for me for next year.

Margarets designer cards said...

Wow that is a fabulous picture and your colouring is fabulous

Yes the weather even down here in somerset is up and down, one minute rain and then the sun comes out, I know I would not like to be on Rhodes at the moment and I feel very sorry for those affected, the climate is upside down and no one has come up with any better ideas.