Sunday 23 July 2023

A Winter Village for CCC!

 Hello Everyone, I hope your weekend is going well and that you are all feeling good, but if not so much sending kind and healing thoughts to you.

Yes, it's Christmas Card Club Challenged once again, I honestly think that the time in between them is getting shorter. 

Anyway it's cards showing a Winter Village that's asked for this time, or of course there's always Anything Goes is you can't manage the theme. 


Well of course this is s fairy winter village,  with Dragon Stone Castle on a hell in the background, and little Pixi houses and some fairy houses, all set in the forest. It's pretty cold as the village has icicles hanging down and there's lots of sparkly snow on the ground.

We have been glued to the Tour De France for the last couple of weeks, I love looking at the scenery as the cyclists go past, some spectacular scenes, and this year quite a lot of crashes, always horrible to see and quite a few riders injured and unable to carry on with the race. Tomorrow is the last day and really just a cycle round Paris, I just hope there's no disruption from protesters.  

Anyhoo, do have a look at what the other CCC girls make, there is always fabulous cards.

Thank you so much for the lovely comments left on my last post.

Enjoy your weekend, thank goodness the weather has picked up a bit, take care and see you soon,


   

19 comments:

meg said...

Just what I imagined a fairy image would look like in the winter snow,beautifully done Kate

Wendy L said...

It looks lovely Kate. Your post made me laugh 'he'll in the background' I wondered what you were talking about then realise it was a typo. Xxx

dutchess said...

Great fairy village Kate …loving all the stamps xxxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous scene Kate, so magical and full of lovely details!
Happy Sunday!

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely scene Kate, I love the way you placed the animals in-between the trees
Hope your weather has improved and you are getting some summer, we keep hearing and seeing rain in scotland.

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Such beautiful stamps used here to create your fairy village Kate. I will be late again I'm afraid with my card for this time. I seem to be fire-fighting all the time and just managing to do what's necessary at the moment. As you say time seems to be going by so quickly.
Lorraine

Viv said...

Great card here Kate, perfect little scene you created too. We have also been glues to the cycling, for the scenery as much as the bikes lol. Sorry for the late reply too, hugs Viv xx

gwen70 said...

Beautiful card Kate, weather not picked up here not stopped raining all day here x

brenda said...

Well of course it's a Fairy village Kate, what else and what a delight it is as well, totally magical.

B x

Sue said...

Sweet village scene Kate...I was watching Railway Journeys last night on tv and it was in Switzerland on the Glacier Express the scenery was breath taking I would love to go on it hugs Sue x

JD/ Jill said...

This is a really pretty card!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love your scene Kate, looks so cold there. A Super Christmas card. Haven't been able to see the Tour, but, I also love the scenery and hate the crashes.
Faith x

Zoe Tant said...

I agree the fortnights fly don't they Kate. This is a super monotone card showing a lovely village scene. tour de France is always exciting isn't . I hope they all recovered from the crashes.
Hugs Zoe x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
what a brilliant interpretation of a Christmas villiage scene.
Love the monchrome design and all the beautiful stamping acheived.
Such a pity the sparkle never shows up properly on camera I bet it looks very saprkly in RL.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kate …what a stunning card xxx
Hope you are well xx
Hugs Sylvie x

Mrs A. said...

A super fairy style christmas card. Just can't seem to get my head into christmas card making right now. Not settling to anything just flitting from one project to another. The hospital cancelled one appointment that I had been waiting 18 months for and then sent me through a new appt. for exactly the same date/time/place. Rang up only to be told by the receptionist 'oh yes looks like it has been reinstated.' I don't think they know what they are doing anymore.
Hugs mrs A.

aussie aNNie said...

Your color choice is so amazing! Really wonderful card! x

Karen Petitt said...

Absolutely stunning! Love your monochrome Christmas card x

Lisa said...

What a wonderful wintery scene with all these fabulous images.