Sunday 11 June 2023

Nativity for the CCC!

 Hello Blogging Friends,  I hope you are all well, but if not I'm sending kind thoughts.

Are you enjoying this lovely weather? we are roasting up here, yesterday had record temps for us, 25 degrees, just too hot, any energy I had was zapped. Alistair left at 3.30 am to go to the Cairngorms, the heat hadn't started and of course nobody on the mountains. He loves doing that having the mountains to himself. Just as warm today, but it's cloudy with some rain showers. Still we need the rain.

Well, it's time once again for the Christmas Card Club ladies to show their cards, and this time the theme is Nativity, or Anything Goes.


This Nativity image is from Little Clair, do you remember them. They made some lovely stamps, and I bought quite a few of them. 

I stamped this silhouette stamp and used Elements ink to make the background, then just added some gems. A very simple little card.

I'm a Birthday Girl tomorrow, 70 years young,😲 I can hardly believe it. Nothing planned.

Well, that's me for now, have a lovely weekend, take care and see you soon,



17 comments:

dutchess said...

I do remember little Clare I have a few of their stamps…yours is just perfect for the challenge….
Glorious weather here as well just settling down to watch the French open mens finals….take care xxx

Zoe Tant said...

I don't blame him for enjoying the peace and the cool with stunning views I'm sure. We are trying to keep our dogs calm and cool. Not easy when they are busy..... Love the card too! Zoe x

Sue said...

I remember Little Clare I found some of their things when I had a crafty clear out..gorgeous card Kate and oh my Happy Birthday for tomorrow!!!! lots of birthday huggles xx Sue xxx

meg said...

Best wishes for your birthday Kate,hope you have something special planned. A wonderful traditional Christmas Nativity card

Wendy L said...

This is a gorgeous scenic Christmas card Kate. Xxxx

Flo Langley said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! I hope you have a love day. Sending birthday hugs. Beautiful card Kate. Love nativity scenes. I think Alistair may have the right idea about the mountains. Love to you both. A letter is coming... promise.
Flo xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A super card for the theme and I also remember Little Clair, still have a few of their stamps too.
Wishing you a wonderful Birthday for tomorrow Kate.
Lorraine

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Happy Birthday Kate! Enjoy your special day, tomorrow!
Also here it's hot e we need rain too.
Beautiful card, love the stamp and the blended background.
Hugs

aussie aNNie said...

Gogeous colours and wonderful crafting. Love this nativity scene x

brenda said...

One of the companies that sadly just disappeared. A lovely muted background for the image and hope you have a lovely day today, I'm too a June girl later in the month and that number comes to us all!

B x

Christine said...

Happy birthday youngster!!!
I bought all my Little Claire from a show I went to....her husband was selling them and it was good to chat.... Many years ago now, but still stamping.
Love the card

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

70? What a wonderful age, wish I was back there, hahahaha. Seems I missed your Special Day, I hope it was remarkable, and you had everything good. Love your card. It's traditional and beautiful, Kate.
Faith x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
Happy Birthday to yo hope you had a wonderful day.
Your just a yougster I am 74.
Love your wonderful card and your inked background looks stunning.
Such a very lovely stamp to have in ones collection.
Yes I seem to remember that company.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Pat said...

What a wonderful nativity and a terrific night time sky with some pretty added stars Kate. I has been rather warm this last few days..here it has been up to 30 to 32 degrees, and we have had a fan going to cool it a bit. x

Pat said...

Sorry Kate I meant to say I hope you had a lovely birthday on Monday! x

Lisa said...

Terrific die cut nativity scene and wonderful card to add to your Christmas card stash. Happy birthday to you!!!

Valerija said...

Wonderful card. Love the scene you have created.
I hope you had a lovely birthday.
Valerija xx