Wednesday 24 March 2021

With Sympathy!

 Hello Everyone, I hope are feeling good and your week is going well.

Sunny and blustery wind with squally showers for us today, I hate the wind so going for a walk is for me out of the question. Alistair and his chum Bill are away walking over on the Black Isle, gives me a bit of piece, as we are fighting for craftroom space, as he has started another story and his lap top is in there, and of course it's more important he gets his ideas down while he still remembers them, lol.

Anyway, thank you for the lovely comment on my last card, you are always kind in your words and encouragement.

I have one of those cards we hate to make, 


This is a card I made a while ago, I don't post these cards very often. Stamping Up dies and stencil for this one, it's the First Frost set, that was out a couple of years ago. The sentiment is an old one I've had for ages. I've added WOS and some tiny gold pearls.

So just a short post today, Whilst Alistair is away I get a chance to do some house work,  and maybe a bit of colouring.

I'll be back at the weekend with my CCC creations, till then, keep safe,



25 comments:

cotnob said...

An elegant card Kate, perfect for such a sad occasion - it's always difficult to make these cards.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Well I'm sorry you needed one of these cards. It's simple and elegant, just right x

Valerija said...

Lovely card with very beautiful flowers and pretty background.
Valerija xx

Jackie T said...

Hi Kate this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Those cards are never easy to make. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Mia said...

Kate, your sympathy card is beautiful. And I know how difficult it is to make a sympathy card. Lovely embossed background and pretty flowers. Hugs, my dear friend.

dutchess said...

A lovely card Kate...always difficult to make but greatly appreciate by the recipient....take care xxx

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A lovely card Kate with a great layout. My Hubby and I are out walking every morning and it's been more of a joy over the last week or so as it's been a lot warmer. I know what you mean about the wind. Wind and rain are a horrible combination. Enjoy your peace and quiet x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Beautiful card Kate, love the embossing and the roses, it will be much appreciated I'm sure.
Faith x

meg said...

A beautiful sympathy card Kate,not an easy one to make

Crafting Queen said...

Very pretty card. Anesha x

aussie aNNie said...

A beautiful card Kate for the sad occasion. xx

brenda said...

Beautiful for occasion Kate, the deep colour of the blooms really pop from the white embossed background.

B x

Mrs A. said...

A very elegant make for the occasion. I have one not shown yet too. We have had a few days here of dry weather here so have been busy weeding in the garden. Hugs Mrs A.

Lorraine said...

A lovely card Kate.
Lorraine x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Lovely card for a sad occasion, enjoy your peace

Gibmiss said...

Stunning card Kate ....
Hope you are well xx
Hugs Sylvie xx

Mac Mable said...

A beautiful card for the sad occasion and I hope you enjoyed your day and got lots done? x.

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
such a very lovely card and I love the embossing and your beautiful flowers and foilage.
Love how you have stamped the sentiment on vellum.
A perfect card for such a sad occasion.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Hazel (Didos) said...

I love this card, its perfect for those sad times. Glad to hear that you are getting time on your own again. Its nice to have a wee bit of space. Freezing cold here but dry so all good, enjoy the weekend, Hazelxx

Sue said...

Kate, it is a stunning card, and I am sure very much appreciated by someone who knows you are thinking of them.

Hugs
Sue

Jannet said...

Sorry you needed to make this type of card Kate. It is very elegant with the beautiful flowers and embossed background. I am sure it will mean so much to the recipient.Home made cards mean so much more as there is so much time and love put into them x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Fabulous card, so elegant! Love the embossing behimd the lovely flowers!
Hugs

Sally H said...

That is a really beautiful card Kate. I am sure it was appreciated x

JD/ Jill said...

This is a lovely sympathy card...sure to bring comfort! I have missed quite a few of your posts I need to catch up...

Christine Harrop said...

A beautiful card for a sad occasion Kate, and never easy to make. Hugs Christine xx