Monday 15 March 2021

Vintage Santa!

 Hi there, how are things going? Another new week begins, I hope it will be a good one for everyone. I believe that Wales is opening up more this week, that's good but still keep safe if Wales is your neck of the wood.

Our Nicola will give us an update tomorrow about any further relaxing of the rule, and today more children went back to school, so we are moving, although slowly.

I've a card today that I want to enter into;

http://www.didosdesigns.com/2021/03/vintage-fezziwigs.html


This is a stamp by Imagination Crafts, which I've had for a number of years and not even opened...shocking!! Anyway I thing it was a good image for Hazel's challenge of vintage. I stamped the image our then cut it with a Carnation Crafts oval die, inked the edges in red. I rummaged around and found this piece of paper and quite liked it, them put all that on to silver mirror card. Gems and Stickles for sparkle.

I was really lucky to have my card chosen in Hazel's last challenge, and I also won the Chocolate Baroque comment on their DT blog. I've not won anything for ages, so chuffed to bits.

Well, Alistair has said he would make tonight's dinner, but so far he's stuck in my craft room listening to a You Tube video, with no signs of putting the oven on, I think he forgets the time lol, I might go and give him a nudge.

Hope you all had a lovely Mother's Day yesterday, Damian popped over and brought a beautiful orchid, so lucky, but he couldn't get a Mother's Day card, all sold out, he did buy one with a big heart on it, it was either that he said or ask me to make one lol.

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments on my last card and the one before which was for Alessandro, his mum was delighted with it. It's his birthday today, and we went out to see him when he was brought back from seeing his Gran, which apparently didn't go well as  just cried, we were more lucky as he was all smiles for us😊

So that's me for now, keep safe and see you soon,




27 comments:

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Kate, your vintage santa looks fab.
Lorraine x

Jackie T said...

Hi Kate this is a gorgeous Christmas card. That Santa is fabulous. I do hope the lockdown continues to be lifted. Have a good week. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Zoe Tant said...

What a great Santa. Looks very eye catching in the mono tone. Zoe x

meg said...

Love your vintage Santa and plaid background paper they look perfect together

Donna Ellis said...

Crack that whip and get Alistair into the kitchen, Kate! LOL too cute that he enjoys YouTube. My hubby watches YouTube also. In fact, during COVID year 2020 he built a greenhouse and started hydroponics all via YouTube! LOL Your vintage Christmas card is beautiful! I love those warm, cozy Father Christmas images. Glad to hear more children are going back to school. Hoping you stay safe and healthy! hugs, de

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Loving the vintage look

MiamiKel said...

Kate, such an elegant Christmas card with the vintage monochromatic look! This is so sweet - love it from top to bottom! Hugs! xx

Valerija said...

So sweet and wonderful! Love your card.
Valerija xx

brenda said...

That's a lovely traditional looking Santa Kate.

How lovely you saw your Son, who would ever have thought a year on Mothering Sunday would be just the same as last. All of our bogs and girls rang so even though not seen most of them in well over a year hear their voices.

B x

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous vintage style Christmas card with a gorgeous colour combination.

dutchess said...

It’s a great stamp Kate and certainly deserved to be stamped up...I am the same lots of stamps that I have yet to use....not to worry they are there for when we get round to it....
It’s been really dull and wet here for a few days so getting my computer updated...take care xxx

Karen Dunbrook said...

love this...give me anything vintage and I'm in!! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's day.
blessings mf.
xx Karen

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love the vintage theme here Kate, such a lovely card. Yes a few things open here in Wales, but I'm still in lockdown mode, it's been months and changing how we've been living this last few months is a habit not easy to get used to! Haircut on Wednesday though yipee! Congratulations on your wins, gives a nice feeling doesn't it?
Keep safe
Hope your knees are OK today!
Faith x

Jennifer Johnston said...

Wow Kate, I love this card. I thought I recognised the image lol! I have this Imagination Craft's stamp too, such a great image. This kind of Father Christmas image never seems to age, still popular. Hope you are well. Stay safe lovely lady.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Dortesjs said...

things are going fine, thank you.
I just browsed around your blog. love always to visit you

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely vintage Santa image Kate, it's lovely to discover forgotten craft stash and finally use it - I've been doing a lot of that during this last lockdown.
Take care,
Lorraine

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahhh this is fab, what a great Santa, he definately fits the bill as vintage!! Toms back to school now, although its mornings only. We are both taking bad with the earlier starts. We had a lovely routine here :) Hope you're both doing well. Thanks for sharing with me over on Fezziwigs, Hazel x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

This is a super stylish card, I love it x

Jannet said...

Congratulations on winning Chocolate Baroque Kate! A super vintage Christmas card, stay safe and well xx

Sue said...

Your vintage Santa card is wonderful. Glad you had a good Mother's Day despite Covid! Lucky that your son lives so near.

Hugs
Sue

aussie aNNie said...

Adorable card and most gorgeous design. Sorry if I missed a post, got family here and they are out shopping....so am catching up as much as I can ♥

pam said...

Gorgeous card Kate
Pam x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely vintage looks for your Christmas card, and big congrats on your two wins!
Hugs

JD/ Jill said...

I like your vintage Santa card! I have a few stamps ((probly more than I would like to admit to) that have not seen ink yet...might be my next self challenge to get them out and use them!

Pat said...

This is a wonderful vintage Santa image Kate and love the soft colours in the background plaid paper which goes perfectly with the black stamped image and that pop of red around the edge of the oval mat and the scattering of pretty red gems. Glad you had a lovely Mother's Day with a beautiful orchid from your son. x

Pat said...

Sorry Kate I totally forgot to say congratulations on your win over at Hazel's challenge and also your comment win on the CB blog...I was so pleased it was you that won! x

Sally H said...

what a lovely Santa! A fab card x