Wednesday 3 June 2020

Whimsical Flowers!

Hello To Everyone, I hope you are well and keeping safe, it's such a difficult and confusing time for many people.

Well our weather has changed, much cooler and wet, at least the sunshine is no longer showing up the dirty windows.  What a lot of pollen around too, our car is totally covered in it and so is my nose, sneezing my head off, anyhoo, the gout has calmed down which is good. I wish I knew what sparked it off 😞.

I would like to welcome a new Follower Marianne from Norway, I country I would love to visit. I hope you will pop in often Marianne and continue to like what I create.  And a thank you to everyone who left such lovely comments on my latest card and cards. I so appreciate the time it takes you to visit and comment.

I have a selection of card today, mainly because all the stamps are from the one set by Clearly Besotted Stamps, and I felt they should all be shown together;

I love all of these whimsical blooms and throughout have been coloured with Prisma Colour Pencils
the background is a stencilled wall, coloured with DI, and a Clearly Besotted sentiment. 
This card used a diagonal strip stencil and coloured with Oxides, and the  little bees are from Honey Bee stamps, sentiment is from the Clearly Besotted stamp set.

This card uses paper from a paper pad from the Works, and a die from Honey Bee, stitched polygons.
I've stencilled clouds onto  blue card and then placed the panel with the flowers. The sentiment is from a Creative Stamping magazine.
I enjoyed making these cards, though the colouring took a while, I always forget that using pencils is not a quick option lol, I hope you like them.

A quiet day here for me, house work done this morning and hoping to get some colouring finished this afternoon. I've been following Barbara Grey's You Tube videos that she has on at the moment, where she has been doodling and colouring in. A few of my lovely Followers have shown their doodling which has been fantastic, I've had a go at it, without great results, however I'm more interested in improving my colouring skills. Barbara's videos are around an hour long, but it's such a calming hour whether you are just watching her of joining her in what she is doing, really helpful in getting all the rubbish of what's going on in the world, out of your head.....if only for a wee while.

So, that's me for now, enjoy your day whatever you are doing, keep yourselves safe, see you soon,
 




27 comments:

Crafting Queen said...

Three lovely cards.

meg said...

wonderful floral stamps and backgrounds Kate,very difficult to pick a favourite but I think the middle one

Margarets designer cards said...

Three lovely cards, I think I like the first one the best, but they are all beautiful.
I went to Norway last year and saw the Northern lights while cursing up the coast of Norway. A wonderful country and the people are lovely, you will find several post on Norway on my blog including pictures of the northern lights, pictures don't do them justice as they dance across the sky.
The weather down here has changed yesterday was another hot day, today its a lot cooler with some light rain, what my garden needs is a good downpour.
Have a good day

Diane said...

Wonderful floral designs Kate.

Hugs Diane

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Wonderful set of cards Kate, love your colouring and backgrounds. I'm off to see a video of Barbara's, I need all the help I can get LOL. Good to hear the gout is clearing.
Take care
Faith x

cotnob said...

Lovely cards Kate, they are all pretty - I especially like the centre one, lovely colours.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Your cards are super, I love the colours you have gone for. Ive watched a wee drop of Barbera's videos, they are so relaxing, she makes it look so easy. Cold and wet here today!!! Hazel x

Christine Harrop said...

Three great cards Kate and I love your stencilled backgrounds. I am never successful with backgrounds. One of these days I will sit myself down and really try it. So glad your gout has eased. It must be really miserable to have such pain all the time. Hugs Christine. xxx

Linda Simpson said...

These are all so beautiful Kate, the flowers are lovely.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lorraine said...

Three gorgeous cards, love the flower stamp. The stencil wall on the top card looks fab.
Lorraine x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Three pretty cards, lovely stamp. Please send us some rain, we may get some tonight they say I do hope so, the garden needs it.

Jennifer Johnston said...

A fabulous selection of cards Kate. Love
the colours and images you have used. Your
colouring is beautifully done as always. So
pleased to hear your gout has eased. Stay safe
my friend.
Love & Hugs Jennifer xx.

Jannet said...

Three very lovely cards and all so different. Glad to hear your gout is settling down. Take care and stay safe x x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A trio of lovely cards Kate, beautifully stenciled backgrounds and bright and cheerful colours, just what we all need right now.
Lorraine

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful cards and the flowers make it 'all better' and as it's a cold day here in my world I love seeing pretty.xx

MiamiKel said...

Just gorgeous, Kate! These are just stunning - I love Clearly Besotted stamps and your floral gardens on these cards are wonderful! I Love the designs and your use of color - they just pop! THanks for your sweet words on my blog - we are in such sad and difficult times but we have to have friends, family, faith and stay strong!

Birgit said...

I’m glad you are feeling better. I wonder if you ate something acidic or bad shoes? Regardless, I am glad you are feeling better. I love these whimsical happy cards with the flowers. You coloured them well and I think they are well done. They are happy cards!

Anet's Crafting said...

Hallo Kate, just love your three beautiful cards. The background you created is so pretty and it let the image stand out. Hugs Anet

brenda said...

I must have missed your mention of gout, so sorry as I'm told by one of our son's who suffers from it that it's very painful, so much so sometimes he's unable to get his shoes on - not ideal when you are working with Boris and Co! And it seems that there's no let up at times despite following all the lifestyle advise.

A very summery feeling card.

B x

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

These are all cute. I especially like the first card x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
beautiful makes and such sweet designs too.
Your colouring looks brilliant and so lovely.
Great use of all elements too.
It's cooler here too but I wish it would rain as my water butt is nearly empty and I have to carry water through the house to the garden each time it's empty which hurts my back so.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Valerija said...

Lovely bright cards Kate, great images too,
Valerija xx

Wendy L said...

Love these pretty cards, so colourful too, xxxx

Pop's Cards said...

These are all just so pretty but my eye was taken by the wall your created, it looks so good, hugs Pops x

Pat said...

More beautiful colouring using these pretty flower stamps Kate and love the brick and striped backgrounds, and then the lovely bold paper on the last. I see from your comments that you have probably been following Barbara Gray's You Tube videos for a while so know about the other colouring sessions. I watched the doodling and gave it a bit of a try but couldn't seem to stick with it, but maybe in the future I will go back and give it another try. x

Sue said...

Oh my Kate, you have been a busy gal!! All of the cards are lovely. Coloring is such good therapy, I love to just sit and color up some images to have on hand.

Hugs
Sue

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Wonderful floral array of stamps, colours and designs Kate. Thank you for sharing

June x