Saturday 21 December 2019

Let it Snow!

Hello Everyone, I hope you are well and managing to get through your Christmas preparations without too much stress.
I was up and out before 9 o'clock to get some shopping, totally forgetting that I couldn't buy any alcohol before 10 o'clock. so that's a task for another day.
I've still got some wrapping to do, but got Alistair's presents wrapped whilst he was away, he was down in Glasgow for Jim's funeral yesterday. I chose not to go, I knew he would be well supported by his boyhood friend who was also attending. Alistair will be back tonight so I'll hear how things went then.

I've got another little Christmas card for you today;
This jolly little fellow is by Honey Bee stamps from a set of stamps and dies called Snowbuddies.
Stamped and then cut out, coloured with Copic Markers and glitter marker, with Glossy Accents on his nose. I used red card and inked up in white pigment ink and added white gel pen to make snow flakes, Sentiment is a freebie from Creative Stamping magazine. I finished by adding Star Dust sparkle to his little had. The snowman is mounted with dimension tape to the card.

Took myself to see Cats yesterday, I loved it, smiled all through it except the bits where I had an emotional cry, the dancing was superb too, I'd recommend if you like musicals., and I just wanted to do something nice to take my mind off a sad day.

Right off to get some wrapping done, thank you all for all the lovely comments on my last card, see you soon,

13 comments:

Linda Simpson said...

This is gorgeous Kate, loving the cute snowman.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ahh this is so cute, what a happy snowman!!! Hope that your Hubby got back ok xx Ive heard mixed reviews with Cats, so its lovely to hear a good one, Hazelxx

meg said...

Adorable happy beautifully coloured snowman, love him Kate.

Crafting Queen said...

Sweet card.

brenda said...

I though I should have a quick catch up with everyone after my enforced screen break and as always a delightful creation awaits.

Wishing you and yours Peaceful Christmas Season.

B x

Mrs A. said...

Adorable snowman. I can always send you up a couple of 🐧🐧 to keep you company. Hugs Mrs A. 🦋🦋

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a cute card love it. Interesting you enjoyed Cats as the reviews are dreadful. Seeing the trailer the people do look rather odd with the cgi whereas in the musical the cat costumes are clear. Love the songs.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Oh, this is so adorable!! A card full of cuteness and joy! Love the embossed snow and the fun snowman!!
I wish a peaceful Christmas to you and Alistair!
Hugs

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

First of all Kate, I'm so sorry to read about Jim. There's never a good time for it to happen but it's especially tough at this time of year x

Your card is a delight and the little snowman looks so joyful. You take care and I wish you a peaceful Christmas and all the very best for 2020. Crafty Hugs, Sandra x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Love your card Kate, a happy smiling snowman always gets me :)
I hope hubby is feeling OK today after his journey and sad occasion. I'm glad to hear Cats is good, I had heard it wasn't and was going to see sometime soon to check for myself!
Have a Wonderful Christmas
Faith x

Valerija said...

That card is precious and so sweet. Creative and clever.
Valerija xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

what a delightful card.
xx Karen

Sue said...

I LOVE your jolly little snowman, but then I adore me a snowman of any kind! Wonderful fun and happy card.

Hugs
Sue