Wednesday 4 December 2019

It's Hoolie Time!

Hello Everyone, I hope all is well with you today, but sending kind thoughts out to those who are struggling a bit just now.
Thank you for the kind words regarding Jim, you are so kind. Alistair who was down for a visit yesterday noticed quite a change from only a few weeks ago. He couldn't really hold a conversation with him as he was falling in and out of sleep, but Jim knew he was there. Alistair feels that it will be the last time he will see him. What a long day it was for him he was exhausted by the time he got home. It's times like this that it feels that Inverness is at the end of the world.

Anyway, thank you too for the lovely comments on my last card.

My card today is one for my choir friend Fiona, I always make her a The Snowman card,

A bit difficult to photograph I'm afraid. Using up more old stash. This was a Crafters Companion kit many years ago, I thought I'd use it up.  I try to make something different each year as Fiona adores the Snowman and she even frames her cards, what a lovely friend. I hope she likes this year's.

Thankfully I'm getting to the end of the Christmas card Making, only Damian and Moreen's card and one for Alistair, I'm running out of ideas.

That's me for now, off to peel the tatties, take care of yourselves and see you soon,


20 comments:

Marlene Atkinson said...

I love this card, the design is fabulous. Hope Alistair isn't as tired and recovered. Hope things settle down for you both. Thinking of you both. Marlene

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Hi Kate sorry just catching up on your last post and beautiful card. So sorry to read such sad news. Good that Alistair got to see Jim. Your snowman card is lovely and sure to be appreciated.

meg said...

So sad to read your news Kate, Jim would have enjoyed Alistair's visit and it sounds as though his pain control is good .

Love the snowman card,it screams icy cold weather, the film is a great favourite in my house

pam said...

Beautiful card Kate, sorry to read your post..
Sending hugs Pam x

aussie aNNie said...

Hoolie Doolie Kate, this is so darling...love it.xx

MiamiKel said...

OH Kate, I'm sorry to hear your news and it sounds like the love of family is just what's needed. Know that someone far away is praying for you and all sending love. Your snowman card is sensationa! What a wonderful kit to have - and I'm sure Fiona will just love her card. I'm happy you are at the end - I'm just getting started! Big hugs!

Linda Simpson said...

A beautiful card Kate, love the snowman. So pleased to hear that Alistair got to see Jim, it is so sad.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Valerija said...

So adorable card and I love the snowman.
I'm sorry to read your sad news.
Take care.
Sending hugs, Valerija xx

Pop's Cards said...

I love this, this is the only thing we all sit down to watch on the day and we record it if Liddie is at work, its like our tradition now, hugs Pops x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh so sorry to hear that Jim is going downhill. Sending you all much love. Whata super card, Its so sparkly, Hazelx

Flo Langley said...

Stunning snowman card Kate. Beautifully made. My prayers are with you all. Please give Alistair a special hugs.
Flo xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

She is going to be thrilled with your card, it's fabulous.
I'm sorry to hear about hubby's brother, such a sad time for all concerned. I suspect he dreads the phone ringing.
Faith x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So sorry for Jim, and for Alistar too :(
The card for your friend Fiona is delightful, wow!! Love the dimensional look and I'm sure that she will LOVE it too!! Amazing shape, colours and holographic details!!!
Big hugs!

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, and a lovely Christmas scene

Crafting Queen said...

Adore your card, it's wonderful. Sending hugs at this hard time. x

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Kate, the snowman looks fab and I love the design.
I'm glad Alistair was able to visit Jim.
Lorraine x

Jennifer Johnston said...

Love your snowman card Kate. Sending loving
thoughts your way, so sorry to hear Jim is not
so well.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Mrs A. said...

What a lovely card you have made for your friend. I still have about another 20 to make. I am so sorry to hear about your BIL. It must be very hard for you both To cope with. Sending hugs Mrs A.

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Kate, I'm sure your friend will love it.
Sorry to hear that Jim is fading, it must be so hard for Alistair.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Karen Dunbrook said...

love how this looks...fab card mf
xx Karen