Friday 13 December 2019

Hubby's Card!

Hello Everyone, finally getting here, don't know where the time has gone, but every day seems to be awfully busy.
Anyway, I do hope that you are all well, and keeping clear of all the bugs that are going around.

Alistair's brother Jim died on Tuesday, and although it was expected, it's still a shock and so very sad. By all accounts he just slept away, and his daughter and two of his old friends were with him. So he is out of any pain now. So we are  a bit sad here, and it just brings back memories of when my Mum died just around this time, albeit fifteen years ago.
I want to thank all you lovely people who emailed me and commented on my blog, so kind of you all.

So, I've got the last of my Christmas cards that I have to make, one for Alistair;
This lovely image is from the latest Creative Stamping Magazine which I've embossed with WOW white powder on to dark blue card. I used a Tonic Stencil for the stars, and added more with a white gel pencil, I used dies for the sentiments and added loads of glitter. I inked around the edges with DI to bring the eye to the image. Alistair likes dark cards so he should give a thumbs up for this one.

That is all my cards made for this year and written and posted, just a few to pop into neighbours. It's the first year I have been so organised, but I felt I had to be as we as we didn't know when we would be going down to Glasgow for Jim's funeral, one stress less sort of thing. 

Tomorrow sees another year's Carolthon, and those of you who have been following me for a while will know that the Inverness Choral Society sing all day in our local shopping centre for our chosen charity, which this year is Befrienders, who befriend people who experience mental health difficulties and those with dementia and their carers. It's a great organisation and many of my clients when I was working benefited from them.
So it will be a long day, as I will be there all day, with my organiser hat on as well as singing. I will be taking the organising of the Carolthon on proper next year, oh help!, so this time around I'm shadowing the person who is in charge at the moment. We hope for a good day weather wise to bring people into town, and that they will want to donate some dosh... mind you times are hard for some folks but , you never know. There is always a lovely buzz in the centre during the Carolthon, so if you are in Inverness tomorrow so stop and have a listen... we are awfully good....even if I say so myself lol.

That's me for now, a bit of a happy, sad post,  but that's just what life is about.

Keep well everyone and hope to see you soon,

27 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

A classy and beautiful card for your husband. I am sure he will love it. I am so sorry for the loss of your brother in law. I hope that the memories of him will give you comfort.

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card, I am sure hubby will love it.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Marlene Atkinson said...

A lovely card Kate, sorry to here about your loss, we are just back from Ewen's funeral, there was a lot of people there, so sad for the family. Marlene

Christine Harrop said...

This is simply gorgeous Kate and Alistair will absolutely love it. I'm so sorry to hear about Jim. It's sounds as if at least he wasn't in pain at the end. It's always very sad so close to Christmas and I have personal experience with both my parents. My uncle also died on Tuesday so a sad time for my two cousins. Take care and give my regards to Alastair. Hugs Christine. xx PS Hope the weather is kind to you for the Carolthon and that you make plenty of money for your charity. x

Valerija said...

Fabulous design and love the image!
Valerija xx

Flo Langley said...

I am so sorry to read your sad news about Jim. Know that I am thinking of you both. Wonderful card Kate. Your mountain man will love it. I hope you will be able to enjoy the Carolthon and raise lots for Befrienders.
Take care, sending hugs, Flo xxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is super, I love the white embossing on the dark card. Sorry to hear of Jims passing. Thoughts are with you and your family at this time. Hope that you have a great day tomorrow at your Carolathon. Much Love Hazelx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your BiL's passing, I hope hubby is OK. Prayers and loving thought to you both.I hope your Carolthon is successful and not too tiring.
I Love your elegant card, a beautiful stamp and in blue and white is stunning.
Faith x

Maria - Ivyleaf Crafts said...

So sorry for your loss Kate. A stunning card I like the image xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So sorry for your husband's brother... I know how sad is the loss of someone. Big hugs and prayers for you all... Now he is free of pain and live in your memories.
Fabulous card, so evocative and beautiful with white and dark blue! I'm sure that your husband will love it!
Best wishes for your Carolthon, it's a very helpful thing for that organization and surely will be a GREAT singing!!
Hugs and take care!

aussie aNNie said...

So sad Jim passed away, life is short and we must treasure every moment. Gorgeous card for Alistair and I do hope your Carolthon is a success....big hugs, thanks for beautiful mail....hope yours arrives soon.xx

aussie aNNie said...

Back to say Monte loved his tickle from 'auntie Kate' :)

meg said...

So sorry to read that Jim has passed away Kate especially difficult at this time of year.
Love hubby's card the mountain scene is perfect for him

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kate, such a fabulous scene.
I'm so sorry to hear your sad news, I hope you and Alistair are both OK.
I hope you have a good day at the Carolthon.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jennifer Johnston said...

Sending big hugs and prayers to you and
your family at this sad time Kate. Loving
the card you have made for Alistair, so
appropriate for him.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Jules said...

Hi Kate

I am really sorry to read about Jim. So sad for everyone .. .. I will be thinking of you all and what you are going through. Even when someone's passing is expected it still comes as a nasty shock. At least the pain has now stopped for him.

Alistair's card is so beautiful .. .. I am sure it will go down a treat!

I hope the Carolthon went well and that today you get to sit and put your feet up and recover!

Love Jules xx

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card again Kate! ...sad news about your BIL too of course,always seems worse at Xmas doesn't it.My mum died on Boxing day many years ago, always a difficult time.It Looks like you are going to be extra busy for a while too. Wishing you a very Happy Christmas ;) hugs Viv xx

pam said...

Wonderful card for your hubby Kate.
So sorry to read that Jim has passed away Kate especially difficult at this time of year.
Hugs Pam x

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Gorgeous card Kate, hubby will treasure it

Sad to read about your brother in law

June x

Pat said...

I love your pretty snowy scene Kate and a great card for Alistair. I'm so sorry to hear that Jim has died, and as you say it is always a shock even if you are expecting it, but now he is not suffering any more. I'm glad to hear the carolthon went well, and I'm sure you will make a great success of it when you take over properly next year. x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a gorgeous snowy card. Hope the carol singing raised lots of money

Rita said...

Good Morning Kate. As always another Fantastic Card. Alistair will be so please with it too and that makes it all worth while. Hope you have managed a few days rest and feeling more like yourself again. Hugs Rita xxxxx

Karen Dunbrook said...

lovely card Kate, sure you hubbie will love it.
So sorry for your loss.
x Karen

Mrs A. said...

So sorry to hear the news about Jim. Hugs for you and Alistair. . Mrs A.

Mac Mable said...

Sending love and hugs x

Sue said...

First, so very sorry to hear of your brother in laws death. Although expected, always a very sad reality. And passing this time of year makes everything even sadder. Keep good memories of your times together and recall them often............

Hugs
Sue

Sue said...

Love the beautiful card you make for your hubby. Bet he liked it too with the mountains in the background!! Awesome make, Kate.

Hugs
Sue