Friday 28 June 2019

Furry Friends!

Hello Everyone, I hope your are all well and enjoying your day. We've had a wonderful hot sunny day....in fact we've had two in a row, marvellous. Just a bit too hot to sit out today, and I got a bit burnt yesterday at the beach. We took a trip to Nairn, and boy was it busy, lots of children which I couldn't work out as the school holidays haven't started yet, anyhow there were lots of nursey  wee ones having a grand time.  We packed some sandwiches and a flask of coffee and finished it off with a cone of ice cream...mine had a flake in it, ooooh I just love them.

Thank you all for the kind comments you left on my last card, I do appreciate every one of them.

Today's card is made using a few stamps from a Creative Stamping magazine that was out a couple of months ago,

No surprise as to who these Furry Friends are..yes it's Milo, Rowan and Cooper, three of my beloved Grandpets. I've coloured them with Prismacolour Pencils and the background with DI. This card will go to Damian or Moreen at some point. I doubt very much that the pets would pose like this, especially Cooper, who is a bit of a loner. It was a fun card to do. 

Well Alistair has been up a mountain today and has come back burnt to a crisp. He just fails to realise that sun cream has to go on throughout the day and not just before he leaves the house in the morning, I've been telling him this for 26 years, silly boy.

That's me for now folks, I hope you have a lovely weekend whatever your plans are, take care and see you soon,

22 comments:

cotnob said...

A supper card Kate, I love your furry friends. There were lots of children out and about here today, I think they had an inset day - they certainly chose the right day, the weather is gorgeous.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mrs A. said...

Lovely card. Has been hot and sunny here as well. Spent my time finding shady spots in the garden to sit in. I like it sunny but don’t like to sit in it. The Doc loves the sun and will sit out in it at all costs. Hugs Mrs
A.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Here it's too much hot!! All the week the temperature were very high.Just stunning for June! At night sleep is very difficult...
Adorable card, it's great you have found your three pets in the stamp set! You have created a fabulous scene!
Hugs

aussie aNNie said...

Sweet fury friends Kate, lovely pets. Sounds like your man needs to use more sun cream...hope he's ok.x

Elizabeth said...

Super card, Kate. I love your furry friends. It's been decades since I last visited Nairn and it was a lot quieter then than on your visit. It was very hot yesterday. We were in the car for most of it - travelling across country to North Yorkshire -and I arrived with heat exhaustion and Alan with a full blown cold! Hope Alistair recovers from his sunburn quickly. xx

brenda said...

It's adorable Kate, I too have four Grandpets (a big white one going on my blog this morning), three of our offspring have children, two not. Nice the sun has finally arrived but seems it's one thing or another this year, too hot for comfort or cardies needed.

B x

Wendy L said...

Lovely card Kate.
Amazing weather you are having, so changeable. Xxx

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kate awesome card,lovely to see the furry friends,well done my friend xx

Marlene Atkinson said...

This is adorable Kate, the Dogs and Cat are very cute, gorgeous colours. I will going on holiday on Wednesday to The Yorkshire Dales with my Sister and Brother in Law, l hope the good weather will last. Marlene

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A super card Kate and the Labrador looks so realistic. Great colouring and background too. Sunshine here too, so time to slap on the sunscreen :) Wishing you a happy weekend x

Lisa said...

This is so sweet and beautiful!! I love the adorable images!! The sentiment is perfect!! It's hot here, too. We went from constant rain to unbearable heat. I hope Alistair isn't in too much pain from the sunburn. Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Viv said...

Such a sweet card Kate,lovely fur babies too. We also went to the beach yesterday, ice creams and fresh strawberries too. Boiling here today now phew! ;) Viv x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

These are so sweet in their comfy looking room!

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous card Kate, love the sweet fur babies and coloured beautifully.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

AW! how adorable, they look so good? Lovely colouring Kate.

Wish we had some decent sun and heat today, it's been 22C with heavy clouds and a cool breeze :(
Faith x

Anne said...

That's adorable Kate, love how you've coloured them like your grandpets!
I've neglected blogging recently so just having a catch up of my favourites while I have a spare evening - don't know where the time goes!
Enjoy your weekend
Anne x

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a fab card it looks like he is the king and his faithful servants guarding him. Very hot here today, too hot in fact, a couple of days ago was rather cool, bizarre weather

MiamiKel said...

A daring card, Kate - it has puppies! My heart! I love your coloring and the pretty chair is a great focal point! I'm sorry to hear about the burn for Alistair and it sounds like here in sunny Florida - so hot and sunburn is a given if you don't have sunscreen on! Big hugs! xx

Mac Mable said...

Such a thoughtful card and how well behaved the furry friends are....x. Yes even in Scotland we need sun cream x.

Maria - Ivyleaf Crafts said...

What a wonderful card. I love my furry friends xx

meg said...

beautifully coloured pets Kate, a gorgeous trio

Sue said...

What a fun card. Beautifully made, and really special since it is your Grandpets! Had to laugh when you talked about the posing, we have the darnest time getting our pup to pose for picks, just about the time you click the picture she starts to walk away!

Hugs
Sue