Tuesday 4 June 2019

Dandelion Wishes!

Hello Crafting Friends and Visitors, I hope all is well with you and that the week is going well.

I've got my laptop back, with a brand new hard drive which is must faster, and the latest update for Windows 10, all terrific, but I've spent the last hour trying to find my way around it and attempting to link my tablet to it all in order to transfer the photo of my latest card, I've finally done it, but more by fluke than knowledge. Wish I was more computer savvy.

 Anyway, all this pales into insignificance because Jim, Alistair's brother phoned to tell us that he has had a scan and his cancer has reduced remarkably, and he is obviously so delighted and relieved. He has had no bad side effects either, so it really good new.   Jim will continue with the treatment and have another scan in 6 months time.

My card today is for Jim's daughter Karen who has just landed an new job;
The card is my take on a card make by a Stamping Up lady from the USA called Linda Bedinger who I follow on You Tube.
I've inked on Oxides and then stamped on the lovely images from SU Dandelion Wishes in Gina K black ink then stamped the little wispy bits  in Versamark and embossed with WOW Silver EP.  I've also watermarked the base of the card with Versamark. Edged the coloured panel with silver mirri card. The sentiment is an old one from LOTV with SU silver thread looped behind it and finished off with a few gems and sequins.
I hope Karen will like it. She was so excited when she phoned the other night to tell us, although it's in the same company, she's been poached by the head of another department and this new position is a huge step up. She has been amazing how she has coped the last few months, and deserves the break.

My hubby is away walking through the hills for a few days and the weather is a bit iffy, but he decided to go nevertheless, so it's a time of peace and quite for Puss and me.

Thank you all so much for your continued visits and lovely comments, I do appreciate every one of them, take care and see you soon,

31 comments:

pam said...

Stunning card Kate, love the layout and beautiful colours.
Fantastic news you have shared..
Hugs Pam x

Valerija said...

Gorgeous project Kate. Love the colours.
Valerija xx

Mrs A. said...

That is good news about your BIL and a lovely card with those dandelions. Hugs Mrs A.

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Kate, I love playing with inks and yours look great although I don't have any Oxides. Xxxx

Jennifer Johnston said...

Hi Kate, this is a fabulous card, I just love
all the colours and the image, really great image.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Lisa said...

Such good news about Jim!! Continued prayers for him!! The card is gorgeous!! I love the colors!! So beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

aussie aNNie said...

Super gorgeous Kate, the fabulous colours. Lovely news too.xx

Maria - Ivyleaf Crafts said...

I love the card Kate. The colours are wonderful. Great news about Jim xxx

brenda said...

I smiled at your mention of W10, my new desktop earlier this year has the same and like you it was like groping in the dark to begin with but once I got used to it found it so much better wit work with than W8.1.

A really pretty design and colours. And good news on your BIL.

B x

meg said...

good news about Jim and congratulations to Karen, lovely to read about their news, she'll love your card Kate, gorgeous stamping and background colours

Christine Harrop said...

Great news about Jim and Karen. Such a relief all round. You have made a lovely card for her Kate. Hugs Christine xx

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Such a pretty card with the dandelions and what great news you have to share today, all around!

Jo said...

Great news all round Kate! Love your card, gorgeous colours and a beautiful image x

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous Kate, love the colours and the stamps are beautiful. Wonderful news too so happy for you all
Hugs
Linda xxx

Lori said...

What a beautiful card! Your dandelion panel is gorgeous! (Computers can be aggravating. So glad to hear that Jim is doing better.)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Your card is so VERY pretty, love the image and the sentiment circle with sparkle.
I'm glad to hear your BiL has had good news about the cancer, it makes you feel good doesn't it? My brother had the same news a couple of months ago. As for your Niece, how wonderful she has been "poached" make the "promotion" even better, well done her and congratulations.
Faith x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!!! LOVE this card!! Fabulous choice of colours and the sparkling dandelions look amazing and match so well with the topper, the thread and the sequins!! A perfect design!
So glad to hear the good notices about your BIL's health!!! Yay!

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous news about Jim and thank you for letting us know x. Jim's daughter has indeed been brave and and stoic throughout and deserves a break ...congratulations to her on her new job and promotion x. You have made her such a thoughtful, unique and wonderful card and obviously made with love x. Hope the weather holds out for Alistair.....but it's not looking too hopeful x

Mia said...

Definitely Karen will love this beautiful card, Kate. It is really gorgeous and perfect for the occasion (new job). I love the background and the pretty dandellions. Hugs, my dear friend.

Flo Langley said...

Oh Kate, I am so pleased for Jim and for you all. That's really great news. Stunning card. The colours and the design are wonderful. Love it.
Take care, Hugs Flo xx

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Kate! Fantastic colors in your delightful card - customized beautifully for Karen and her new job! Loving those colors! (Congratulations, Karen!) So glad to hear the good news regarding Jim's treatments. hugs, de

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
what a very stunning card and such a very gorgeous design.
Love the inked background and that stamps used.
So glad all is going well for your BIL may it all carry on too.
So wonderful and you must be so releived the both of you.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Kate, beautiful colours and great design.
Brilliant news about Jim, let's hope that the rest of his treatment continues to go so well.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sue said...

That is fantastic news! Continued success with the tratments.
What a brilliant card. Love the colors and the image, sure she will love it.
Glad you got your computer back and you worked through the updates. Wish I was ore computer savy too!!

Hugs
Sue

Dortesjs said...

love your card.

Darnell said...

That's very good news about Jim, Kate! I've had too many friends lately who weren't so fortunate, so it's wonderful to hear of someone successfully slaying the cancer dragon! And go you for getting acclimated with the updated hardware. I chuckled about how you learn "by fluke!" That's prezackly the way I've always learned how to do computer schtuff, so I can relate!

Now about your card. I absolutely love it! I always swoon for dandelions and I adore how you've embossed them onto your colorful panel and backed it with a bit of a silver border. It looks so rich with that deep purple base! Fun way to do the sediment, too! I wish Karen all the best with her promotion!! Hugs, Darnell

MiamiKel said...

Glad to hear your happy news and it sounds like he is in good hands with the drs!
LOVE your fun card and the beautiful colors of the dandelions - this is so cheerful!
xx

Águeda said...

Que colores más bonitos.
Felicidades, Kate.
Besos y abrazos

Pat said...

What great news about Alistair's brother and also your niece with her promotion and this is such a pretty card to wish her well with some bright and pretty inking and the dandelion clocks are delightful, and the background purple card really shows it all off beautifully. x

Pat said...

Sorry Kate I forgot to say that I'm sure you are pleased to get your laptop back. I think you will soon get used to the difference in the programmes. It is trial and error to start off with but I know how frustrating it can be at first. x

Anet's Crafting said...

Wow this is just stunning Kate. Love the oxide background. Anet