Friday 17 May 2019

The Art of Chess!

Hello Everyone, hoping today finds you all well and having a good day so far, and of course it's Friday and heading into another weekend. 
We've had the most glorious weather, but this morning sees it more cloudy and windy, but I believe that it is to get cooler with rain over the weekend. I'm just hoping that next week is good as I'm off to visit my friend Rita, some of you may know her from Blogland and she is also on the CCC team. I've been invited to spend a few days at her home in Irvine, Ayrshire. I am so looking forward to it, it's not often I go away now on my own and give Alistair peace and quiet. So I expect that there will be much blethering and a bit of crafting too.

Thank you all so much for the lovely comments on my last card, I do appreciate your continued visits and comments.

Today's card is one for the http://movingalongwiththetimes.blogspot.com/2019/05/97-black-white-only-debbie.html

This fabulous Chocolate Baroque just screams Black and White to me....well it is Chess,
The background is a crackle stamp from Crafty Individuals and it's all been stamped in Versafine Claire ink. I didn't add any bling or sparkle this time around, it's just one for my box that may well do for a man.

Picking up Alistair later on, he's been away walking through the Cairngorms and sleeping out in Bothies, he no doubt will be exhausted as this man always goes for the burn, but I'm pleased he managed to get away as he had been sited for Jury Duty on Wednesday, and was spitting tacks about it, but at the last minute in Tuesday evening he found out that no one was required, so he hot cycled it down to the bus station to book a bus to Aviemore to get him to where the walk began. He seems to have a a good time and there was no midges as yet.

Well that's me for now, going to get the next batch of washing hung up, take care every one and see you soon,

   

27 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Can't get more black and white then a chess board. Having said that the board I bought The Doc many moons ago is green and cream, green being his fav colour. Must remember to make him a chess card for next birthday. He had squrieles this time which I'm posting tomorrow as it happens. This us a super man card . .Enjoy your time with Rita. Hugs Mrs A.

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Kate! What a fabulous way of customizing a card for an avid Chess Enthusiast! It's brimming with texture and your incredible use of shapes with the square card is wonderful! Thanks for sharing your crafty project at the Moving Along With the Times Challenge Blog, and for supporting us. We hope you will visit again.

Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

These are such great images and the crackle background works perfectly. I think you are quite talented to pull this off with just black and white and no sparkle or anything. Great card!

brenda said...

The monochromatic colours do indeed worth so well with the CB stamps Kate - and would you believe are ones I don't own. Enjoy your break away next week.

B x

dutchess said...

Love it Kate...perfect mans card....enjoy your visit to Rita and give her a hug for me please.......xxx

cotnob said...

A super card Kate, I love the crackle background and your black and white design is perfect.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Diane said...

Wow Kate, love the color and chess design.

Hugs Diane

Linda Simpson said...

This is fabulous, I love the gorgeous monochrome look.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Mac Mable said...

Such a striking and eye catching card and loving the stamps x. Have a lovely time away in Irvine with Rita and have fun x. Well done to Alistair x Enjoy the weekend but as you say I think the weather is on the turn x.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

An amazing card, your stamping design is awesome and the B&W is perfect, I love the crackle background, it all has so much depth. I feel your anticipation on your weekend away. Enjoy all the chat. Also pleased hubby was able to get to his walk.
Faith x

Jennifer Johnston said...

Hi there Kate, I just love this card, so different and the images are wonderful. It looks great in black and white. It really doesn't need any bling, it's fabulous the way it is. So pleased Alistair managed to get away on his trip and, he's had such fantastic weather.
Have a wonderful time with Rita and give her a hug from me.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

What a great card and looks fab in black and white. Weather changed today here, cool and drizzle this afternoon. Hope you have. Lovely time next week and Alistair isn’t too worn out

Lisa said...

This is so gorgeous, Kate!! The crackle background looks amazing!! I love the design and the stamps you used!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Valerija said...

Wonderful card.
Valerija xx

Wendy L said...

It looks perfect for a man Kate, love the crackle background, thanks for joining us at MAWTT too, xxxx

meg said...

Brilliant make Kate, the chess board and sentiment are both wonderful stamps, love the background too

Jules said...

A fabulous make Kate. Love the crackle background very much.

Enjoy your time away - it sounds like it will be the "perfect girlie escape".

My Hubby had Jury Service to do probably three years ago now. He wasn't looking forward to it at all but was surprised to learn he enjoyed every second and was disappointed when it finished. He learnt so much!! I think he secretly hopes they will call him again sometime! LOL!!

Love Jules xx

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
this is such a very gorgeous creation.
Your stamping is excellent and I love your design and the stamps used.
Enjoy your time with Rita.
Thank you for joining the MAWTT Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

aussie aNNie said...

Love the black and white theme Kate, very effective and great result.x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Wow!! Amazing card full of textures! Love the design!

Mia said...

Adorable monochrome card, Kate. Great scene, my friend.

Margarets designer cards said...

Great card for a chess player, love the background

Pat said...

I love this CB set of chess stamps and this is beautifully done in black and white Kate, and I love the crackle stamping in the background. x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Hi Kate, sorry for my lack of commenting lately as life has been getting in the way of my crafting but I'm here now, better late than never as they say! This is such an unusual card and I haven't seen any designs like that before. It looks great in monochrome and I really like the background stamp that you've used too. I really hope that you enjoy your visit. I can't imagine a better way of spending a few days than with a crafty friend x

pam said...

Fantastic card you created Kate.
Pam x

Karen Dunbrook said...

what a super card Kate, I agree, looks wonderful done in black and white.
x Karen

Sue said...

Your black and white chess card is awesome. Great guy card, which we all know can be difficult depending on the guy!!!!!

Hugs
Sue