Friday 10 May 2019

Spring Tulips!

Hello Everyone and welcome to my wee bit of Blogland, it's always good to see you here, and especially to welcome new visitors.Thank you for all your lovely comments, I do appreciate  them all.

So how are you all today? looking forward to another weekend I hope, boy do they come around fast, it's frightening how quickly the months are going by. We have nothing planned as yet, but we'll maybe go for a drive if the weather improves. We've missed out on a wee break away this year so far, we put everything on hold because of Alistair's brother, but, thankfully he is doing well with the treatment at present, long may that continue. We may manage a break later in the year.

I love tulips and my card today is a tulip one;
I've used a beautiful Chocolate Baroque image and embossed it in white on black card. I then coloured with Derwent Metallic Pencils. Stamping Up swirly embossing folder as a background. I chose pink and grey as a colour theme, it's a colour palette that I really like, ribbon and pearls and that's it.
I'm entering this card into https://theflowerchallenge.blogspot.com/2019/05/the-flower-challenge-32-embossing.html

Now for some reason, I'm not able to access the linky bit that lets me upload the photo to the challenge blog, so it's going to Viv by email. This is strange as I've always been able to access it before, so if anyone out there knows what I may be doing wrong, I'd love that you let me know. I'm have this bother on both my laptop and tablet.

Well the nurse managed to get blood from me yesterday with no problem. I got up early and drank bucket loads of water which helped plumped up the veins, but the downside was constant trips to the loo. Still, the test will let me know if I need Vitamin B12 injections, which I hope not.

Alistair is taking me out for lunch today, so no cooking tonight yeah!!
So cheerio for now and I'll see you soon

20 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so stunning!! The tulips look amazing!! I love the embossed background and the gorgeous colors!! I'm glad you were able to get blood taken yesterday and I hope you don't need the injections. When I was young, I had to have allergy shots every week and it was not fun!! Have a great weekend!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

meg said...

the white embossing on black is beautiful Kate, the touch of grey and pink the perfect complement to it, beautiful card, glad the procedure went well yesterday.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Kate what a beautiful card,I love tulips,beautiful work my friend,well done xx

Valerija said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Kate! I love all those beautiful elements.
Valerija xx

Wendy L said...

Stunning card Kate, the colour is lovely. Xxx

brenda said...

Just gorgeous Kate, the PB blooms looks stunning in the white on back. Have a good weekend.

B x

brenda said...

One track mind today Kate, I'm working on PB samples so that's what went down on my comment but of course I actually meant CB.

B x

Birgit said...

I love this card with the white on black background and the colour that pops. I hope you don`t need injections. I am glad hubby is better and that you can enjoy crafting:)

Viv said...

Your card is so beautiful Kate! I love those Tulips and the embossed background is so lovely too.So sorry you had trouble linking your card but it's there now. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Marlene Atkinson said...

This is absolutely gorgeous,the Tulips look amazing. I love the embossed background and the gorgeous colours. Marlene

Mac Mable said...

What a stunning stamped image, love the colours and your design is fabulous x.
So glad the nurse could get blood from you x
I hope you enjoyed your lunch out and have a lovely weekend, the weather is set to improve? x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Stunning card Kate, love the tulips and the effect you have achieved, beautiful colours and then the embossing on top, just Fabulous.
I'm glad to hear your blood test went OK, hope that the result will be too.
Faith x

pam said...

Gorgeous card Kate, love the colours and details.
Pam x

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kate, I love your contemporary tulips. I hope you had a lovely lunch, we had lunch out today - we took our Pup out for a lovely walk and then to a dog friendly pub, he was such a good boy.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Mia said...

What a beautiful card, Kate. Oh, I love tulips too. Kisses, my friend.

Jennifer Johnston said...

A beautiful card Kate, so different, love it! I adore Chocolate Baroque stamps, they have some fabulous designs. The colour combination is just perfect. So pleased to hear Alistair's brother is doing well. Hope you enjoyed your lunch out with Alistair. Have a great weekend Kate.
Hugs Jennifer xx,

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous Kate, love the white with the pop of colour on the tulip. Enjoy your weekend.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Sue said...

Gorgeous card, Kate. Love the black, pink and white color combination.

Hugs
Sue

Pat said...

These tulips are gorgeous Kate and the added pink looks lovely, and I think the pink dry embossing and lovely soft pink ribbon finishes it perfectly. Sorry I have not visited for so long and missed lots of your gorgeous creations but had been busily preparing for a holiday and have just returned so will be catching up now on what you have been up too. x

Karen Dunbrook said...

so beautiful and unique Kate!
Thanks for playing along with The Flower Challenge!
:) Karen