Tuesday 20 November 2018

Owl be Thinking of You!

Hello Everyone, how are you today...well I hope and enjoying your day. 
We are pretty cold today and in the last few days we have had freezing fog, but at least today is bright with a bit of sun.

Thank you all for the lovely comments on my last card, I do appreciate everyone of them.

Our concert on Saturday was really good, it's been a while since there was such a large audience, so there was quite a buzz. Our soloist sang a wonderful melody of songs, including "Charlie is my Darling" and put a new spin on it, in that she made it quite a bit racy with her intonations and actions, the audience really took to it and were chuckling away, and I think the men in particular loved it. Lily is of Greek origin, quite beautiful, tall, slim with very long dark hair and the most marvellous mezzo voice, well understandable that folk were fair taken with her. Our singing too must have been good as there was a standing ovation and lots of cheers and whoops at the end of the concert. Oh but glad it's all over, lots of work but worth it.
I wore the wrong shoes.. I'd forgotten that we had long stands with this music and my feet were about to drop off by the end of the night. I'd worn a pair with little tulip heels, not too high, but as I'm always in flat shoes, this was too much. I could hardly put weight on my right foot on Sunday, it felt that I had crushed my bones. No sympathy at all from hubby as he considered it self inflicted...true, but one wants to look their best on these occasions, and the heels offer a little extra height. It wouldn't be so bad but they are Hotter shoes, therefore not cheap, and all my Hotter shoes are comfy, but never again.

Right, I've bored you silly with this, so on to my card;
Using yet more stamps from an issue of Creative Stamping Magazine, and the background paper is from one of the magazines too. Embossed in  Wow gold powder and coloured with watercolour pens. Matted on to red card with a piece of twine. A good card for a man I thought.

Well, that's me for today, I'm trying to catch up with your posts from the last few days, I'll get there in the end, but please forgive if I miss you out.
We are off to the cinema this afternoon to see the new film Peterloo, I remember reading about this piece of history when at school, but it wasn't covered all that much, probably because it was such an awful massacre in British history.  Anyhow it's had good reviews.

Take care of yourselves and see you soon,

22 comments:

Pat said...

What a sweet owl and beautifully coloured Kate, and love all the foliage as a frame and a pretty background paper too. Glad your concert was a big success and well attended. We have our concert on 1st Dec with our new MD so hope it goes well. I came and visited last night and left lots of comments on different posts I had missed but I'm not sure I was logged in properly so don't think they registered, so will go through and redo. If there are duplications I will leave you to select which one you prefer..lol. x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A perfect card for a male recipient Kate, love the owl image and your gold embossing. Beautiful stamping around the border too. Hope your feet have recovered today ;o)
Lorraine

DIMI said...

Hello dear Kate!
Such a fabulous Christmas card you made!
I like the Owl image and the Embossed technique on the background!
I have the same problem with high heels,only wear flat shoes!
Hope you enjoy the movie! Have a lovely evening!
Dimi...

Margarets designer cards said...

I love this card, a gorgeous owl image

Linda Simpson said...

Gorgeous Kate, love the owl and beautiful design.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Diane said...

Your concert sounds like it was a lot of fun Kate. Fabulous embossing, owl and card design.

Hugs diane

Flo Langley said...

Hi Kate. Pleased you had a great time at concert....shame about your feet...Ouch! Hope they are feeling better soon. Wonderful card. Enjoy your trip out to the cinema.
Hugs Flo xx

Jennifer Johnston said...

Pleased your concert was a success. Hope your feet have recovered. I too wear flat shoes all the time now, since I broke my ankle badly a few years ago. I love your owl card Kate, so....cute. Love the gold embossing and background too. Hope you enjoyed your film.
Hugs Jennifer xx.

pam said...

Beautiful card Kate, love the owl image and wonderful background.
Pam x

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Congrats for your concert but sorry for your feet... Hope that they are well now!
Lovely unusual card for Christmas and great embossed details!

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful! I love the owl and the way you framed him!! It's so gorgeous!! I hope your feet have recovered today!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

aussie aNNie said...

Tremendously beautiful owl Kate. Hope you are okay and not too many dramas anymore.xx

Jules said...

Hi Kate

Pleased to read you had a good concert .. .. but ouchie on the feet front! I hope they are nicely recovered now!

Great use of your stamps .... the border is a great finishing touch.

Hope you enjoyed the cinema.

Love Jules xx

meg said...

Beautiful stamping Kate,the owl is a beauty, the foliage surrounding him really drew my eye in, hope your poor feet are a lot better today

brenda said...

He's a fabulous Owl Kate, I always think they make the most pleasing cards.

B x

cotnob said...

A super card Kate, a fabulous owl and I love your stamped border.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Marlene Atkinson said...

Pleased your concert went well, hope your feet of recovered. What a fabulous card, love the owl. Marlene

Mac Mable said...

So enjoyed reading your post. So glad the concert went well and I can totally sympathise with shoes with heals, even tiny ones!.
Wonderful masculine Christmas card, love the owl image and gorgeous stamping around the edges to create a pretty frame.
Hope you enjoyed the film?

Mrs A. said...

I have several pairs of hotter shoes and have had the most comments when wearing them. I have had people stop me in the street and ask where they are from. Even when I'm in Italy!! .
I have this freebie set too but not used any of the images yet. Love your owl and his colouring . Ace one. Hugs Mrs A.

rachel said...

gorgeous owl - really lovely. Sounds like your show was amazing too - I feel for you with the shoes though!!! Hugs rachel x

Dortesjs said...

Ohh but i was not bored..great to read about your life. anddddd great card to dear

Valerija said...

Absolutely gorgeous!