Tuesday 13 November 2018

Fancy Trees!

Hello Everyone, I hope you are well and having a grand day. 

I took myself into town this morning and started some Christmas shopping, thankfully I don't have much to buy, but I wanted to get a couple of books for Alistair and thought I'd better start early in case I had to have them ordered, but the bookstore had them both, so it was good to cross Alistair's gift off the list. 

We have a new chocolate shop opened up in our shopping center... Hotel Chocolate, and guess what.. they are right next door to Thorntons, who thought that one up!! Anyway I nipped in to it and got some pistachio chocolate for Damian, and other bits and pieces. Now the trick will be to keep it for who it is intended for until Christmas.  In years gone buy, I had to replace a box of Thornton's Continental Chocolates four times, I had even wrapped them up, that didn't deter me though, shocking or what lol.

Thank you all for the lovely comments on my CCC card, you are all so kind and encouraging.

My card today used a Woodware image and I've used Zig Clean watercolour pens, having first embossed the stamp with WOW silver EP. The sentiment is from the same stamp set. Paper  and card  from SU and sequins from Neat and Tangled. Ribbon from my box.
I do like these quirky trees, I bought them I think way last year and never got around to using them, hope you like the card... I have to say I love these colours together.

At choral practice last night and it was the last one before our concert on Saturday, so it was an exhausting two hours of singing. The main piece is Karl Jenkins The Armed Man, but there are other pieces by Mendelssohn, Monteverdi, Palestrina and Victoria. Our soloist will do her own thing.

I felt that the two pieces by Palestrina was a bit wobbly, but hopefully all right on the night as they say. Ticket sales are reported to be good as The Armed Man is a crowd puller, a bit like The Messiah, so it all should be good.

Our coffee morning was successful in that we raised almost £900, and here was me thinking that it wasn't as busy as usual, just goes to show.

Right then, that's me for tonight, I've got a bit of blog visiting to do, then I'll be watching the second part of a really interesting programme about  Scotland's shameful part in the slave trade,  dreadful to think that was where much of our wealth came from, worth watching.
Take care everyone, and see you soon,

29 comments:

Diane said...

Lovely fancy trees Kate. The new chocolate shop sounds wonderful.

Hugs Diane

Christine Harrop said...

Well these trees are certainly different Kate.I like the almost CAS aspect to your card. You did make me smile about having to replace the chocolates - I have done exactly the same in past years although managed not to open a wrapped gift ... lol! Funnily enough I bought a gift for John this morning which I thought might have to be a Click and Collect item but it was actually a stock item so that was good news. My first gift bought - and the awkward one at that! Take care. Hugs Christine xx

Águeda said...

Mi querida Kate, preciosa entrada contando tus quehaceres del día.
Lo de la Coral tiene que ser una experiencia maravillosa.
La tienda de chocolates tiene que ser un lujazo.
Tus arbolitos son lindos. Los colores y adornos son preciosos.
Besos y feliz semana!!!

cotnob said...

A super card Kate, I love the quirky trees and great colours.
It sounds like you are getting very organised.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Jennifer Johnston said...

Such a lovely Christmas card Kate, the colour combination
is beautiful. Love this tree image by Woodware, I have
this one in my stamp stash too. Hope your concert goes
well on Saturday, as I'm sure it will with all the practice
you put in. Loved hearing about the Thornton's chocolates.
Oh! you were naughty lol! but I have to admit, I have done
exactly the same thing lol! Enjoy the rest of your week.
Love & Hugs Jennifer xx.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is lovely. Re my pine cones, thanks for the comment. I am not a paper engineer either but these weren’t difficult.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Such lovely trees, the shape is adorable and love the colours you used, they matched together perfectly!
I can't believe that Christmas is near, it seems the last was yesterday! LOL

MRS DUCK said...

Hi Kate
Beautiful card. You do love your trees.
Hotel Chocolat has been around down here for some years. Their slabs are delicious and as you will know, Mr D is not a stranger to their products.
This year, I have told him there will be no tubs of Celebrations/Roses/Quality Street until a couple of days before Christmas as I am fed up of having to re-buy them too lol!!!
That's me caught up (for now lol!!!) so I shall continue watching the live heart operation on CH5...probably not best idea for someone awaiting a heart op lol!!!
Ang x

Mia said...

I LOVE your fancy trees, Kate. This is a beautiful card. Great colour combination and a lovely background paper.
I have bought ZIG Clean Watercolour pens but I have not used them yet. Seeing your card, I think I have to give them a try.
Kisses, my friend.

aussie aNNie said...

Love this Kate, I just pulled out the lovely tree stamp I got from you and as you, I love trees.xx

Lisa said...

What a gorgeous card, Kate!! I love those beautiful trees!! It's fabulous!! The new chocolate shop sounds yummy!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

brenda said...

Such lovely intense colours Kate, really like this one. Hotel Chocolate's factory is only a few miles away in Huntingdon and they have an on site shop, I find them particularly helpful when I am buying for one of our DIL's who is vegan, several things in their range is suitable.

B x

DIMI said...

Hello dear Kate!
Such a gorgeous card! I like the quirky trees ,the great colors and the the ribbon decoration!
Visiting my daughter in the Netherlands,i was lucky! My son in law brought me from Sweden a box with Hotel Chocolate !
I love chocolates!! Wishing you a lovely day!xxx
Dimi...

Mrs A. said...

Didn't realise till right to the end if you'd post that you werenicking your own chicks.!! I love this Woodware stamp . I have used mine upside down and made baubles with it too. Hugs Mrs A.

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Kate! I love your colorful fancy trees! They look fantastic all decked out in their finery! hugs, de

Linda Simpson said...

Beautiful card and love the trees.
Hugs
Linda xxx

Mac Mable said...

Love the colour combination on your contemporary looking Christmas card. What a fabulous tree stamp and wonderful Christmas card.
Well done on getting DH Christmas presents and had quite a chuckle about the keeping of the chocolates until Christmas.
Good luck with the concert on Saturday and very well done on how much you raised at the coffee morning X

pam said...

Fabulous card Kate, love these trees.
Hugs Pam x

meg said...

Fabulous combination of colours in the trees paper and ribbon, love the shape of the trees, the new chocolate shop sounds good, feel a trip to Inverness would be a great day out.

Anne said...

Lovely work Kate, those trees are a bit different and I like that for a more traditional card
I like to get started on my Christmas shopping early but always have to wrap any sweets and put them away, too tempting!
Great result from your coffee morning, £900 is a considerable sum
Have a good day, it's beautiful here after a miserable week so far
Anne x

Diane said...

Love those quirky trees, what a fun stamp and made a fun card!! I enjoyed your post and had to laugh at the chocolates being replaced a few times, something I have done myself more then once!! Have a great day!!
Diane {Nellies Nest}

Margarets designer cards said...

Love the quirky trees, at first I thought it was leaves but then looking closer they are trees,
Great quirky card

Dortesjs said...

lovely trees dear, soon christmas is here..it is funny but everytime i read the Inverness word Inverness i think of af crime serie i often see on tv. but i cannot remember what the name of the serie is??? grrrrr.. well do have a great week end

Marlene Atkinson said...

Beautiful Trees and the colours are awesome. Marlene

Darnell said...

I love your modern Christmas card in fabulous colors and pp, Kate! And I thoroughly enjoyed your post! Glad to know it's not only me that can't stay away from the chockies! I usually need another emergency trip to get another giant bag before the trick or treaters arrive and the Mister asks, cocking his head, "Didn't we already buy one of those? Did you forget where you put it?" Oh, bwahaha, no I didn't forget where I put it! Right down the hatch and straight to my hips!! Good luck and I hope you are having a great time at the concert tonight, prolly as we speak!! ❤Hugs, Darnell

rachel said...

Gorgeous card Kate - love the stamps! Well one on starting your shopping and fingers crossed te concert went well! Hugs rachel x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely card using those fancy trees. It's a good feeling to start ticking off presents from your list, I have yet to get started though :o/
Lorraine

Pat said...

Very pretty stylised trees Kate and the background paper is such a lovely colour and goes beautifully. I already know that it was a success, but not surprising really as the Armed Man is an extremely popular piece with audiences. x

Valerija said...

aww this is adorable :-) Very pretty trees.
Valerija xx