Sunday 30 April 2023

Use Stencils for the CCC!

 Hello Blogging Friends, I hope you are having a good day and keeping well. 

It's time for the Christmas Card Club to show of their latest creations, and this time around the theme is Stencils, here is what I've come up with,

On a grey circular card I've stencilled on some snowflakes. This stencil is an old one from Imagination Crafts, I've added little gems and silver mica splatters. The sentiment is from one of Lavinia Stamps sticker sentiment sheets. Very simple card.

I want to thank you for all the lovely encouraging comments you left on my last post, about remaining on Blogger, and I have to say I was further encouraged to learn that quite a few of you feel the same. I tend to feel guilty if I don't comment every day, like I used to, but I'm learning to pace myself and if I can't manage I don't beat myself up about it. Of course it will mean that I will miss  some fabulous cards from you, but, I will I will catch some.

Anyhow, I'm going to have a catch up with your creation now, take care everyone and cheerio for now


 

15 comments:

brenda said...

We all have to pace ourselves Kate, in the knowledge other bloggers are doing the same we know if we miss some posts it really doesn't matter as we are all on the same page.

A circle card is always appealing on the eye and your stencil works pops nicely for the dark backdrop.

B x

dutchess said...

Lovely Kate I just had such a busy week I had to go with anything goes as I couldn’t find all my stencils…they are in my room somewhere….take care xxx

Margarets designer cards said...

Beautiful card, very unusual with the snowflake stencils, its a great christmas card.

Hope your weather is improving, I just wish it would warm up and stop raining
Have a good week

Rainey's Craft Room said...

This is a wonderful Christmas card design using this beautiful stencil, the grey and silver work very well together.
Lorraine

Wendy L said...

Very different but very effective too, xxx

Mrs A. said...

Hi Kate, lovely snowflakes which look really pretty. I have such good intentions at the beginning of each week and then life seems to take over and throw curve balls so commenting does take a back seat sometimes but I have had to accept that I can't do everything all at once. I think maybe that is why peeps have graduated to face book where they can just tick a like and move onto the next. Not for me. I am firmly on Blogger. Hugs Mrs A.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful stencilled card Kate, love the round shape and the unusual colour!
Take your time, because it's YOUR time! ;)
Hugs

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
yes you are right we do feel guilty if we don't comment I'm sure there are many of us, but life has to take a front row seat.
Time seems to fly by now I am on my own more so than before.
I suspect it's because I have to do everything myself now where as we used to share things.
Love your wonderful stencilled card and the beautiful design.
It looks fab with that background colour.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

gwen70 said...

Beautiful card Kate, you wouldn't think it possible we could use the same stencil xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love the circle with your stencilled snowflakes Kate, so beautiful. I'm glad you're staying in blogland.
Faith x

rachel said...

Your card is beautiful Kate - I think your approach to blogger is healthy - we only have one life - don't want you to spend time feeling guilty. In an ideal world I would blog everyday like I once did - but time is short so I just do what I can! Big hugs sweet lady xx

Valerija said...

Wonderful card and a great design.
Valerija xx

Flo Langley said...

Such a Fabulous card Kate. Love the colours. Very stylish. Take care both, Hugs Flo xx

Pat said...

I'm glad that you have been encouraged by others stories to stick with it Kate, and this is just beautiful with the pretty snowflakes which stand out really well on the grey background, and lots of shimmer and shine from the splattered mica and sweet little gems. x

Lisa said...

What a beautiful stencil! Love the black and white color combination and addition of the gems.