Thursday 23 February 2023

Snow Folk for the CCC!

 Hello Everyone, I hope you are all keeping well.

I'm sorry to have been away from Blogland for a wee while, but I've not been too well, then both of us caught Covid. After three years of going nowhere and doing nothing, Alistair goes walking with a friend who had been away at Celtic Connections in Glasgow and brought back the dreaded Covid, so not only Alistair and another friend who was walking too caught it, but Lawrence's wife, and yours truly. Really nasty! My energy levels are still low and my blood sugars are through the roof. Apparently this can happen with covid. However I have now tested negative, unfortunately Alistair is still positive. One good thing though I've lost half a stone in weight, every cloud and all that. I did though have to cancel the last part of my SeHCAT scan, which I'm annoyed about, as I'm hoping that's going to tell me what's happening in my stomach/bowel. Still, that's life.

So, I missed the Christmas Card Club on Sunday, I just couldn't summon up the energy to make anything, but I've managed today. The theme was A card with Snow Folk,


I've got a little Snow Family from Card-io Stamps, all other stamps are from Card-io too. Sentiment is from Lavinia Sentiment Stickers.

I'm hoping to get back to commenting soon, I'm sure I've missed lots off wonderful creations from you. I just can't believe how tired I am.

Anyway, you take care of yourself, and remember Covid is still out there,



18 comments:

meg said...

So sorry to read that you have been so unwell with covid,hopefully you will feel much better soon,a fabulous card featuring your snowmen and wreath.

Anet's Crafting said...

Hallo Kate, so sorry to hear that you have been unwell hope you feel better soon. Your Christmas card is beautiful. Love the dotted background. Hugs Anet

dutchess said...

Glad you are feeling a bit better Kate and made a beautiful card for the challenge,such lovely snowmen….now just keep taking it easy until you feel fit again xxxx

Flo Langley said...

So sorry to hear you have been poorly Kate. Sending healing hugs to you and Alistair. Lovely card. Flo xxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

So sorry for you and hubby health problems, best wishes to you both for a speedy recovery!
Lovely card with the cute snowmen and the beautiful wreath!
Hugs

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a beautiful card and so glad to see that you are feeling a bit better too. There are some nasty bugs about at the moment alongside Covid, you are very lucky if you manage to miss one of them, hubby and I have been poorly for a few days too.
Take care,
Lorraine

Jennifer Johnston said...

Hi Kate, so sorry that you have been unwell but pleased to hear you are feeling a little better now. Love your Christmas card with the cute snow people. I have missed your visits to my blog and your lovely comments, which I really appreciate. Sending love and hugs, please take good care of yourselves.
Jennifer xx.

Lisa said...

Oh Kate, I sure hope you and Alistair get better soon and you can get your test rescheduled. I am so sorry to hear that Covid got you both. I love the wreath on your card. It is nice to get ahead for Christmas cards. Take care sweet friend.

Lorraine said...

So sorry to read that you've been unwell with covid, I hope you are fully recovered soon.
Love your card - always love to see a snowman at Christmas
Lorraine x

Marlene Atkinson said...

So sorry to read that you have had Covid, hope you are are on the mend. Your card is beautiful, love the colours. Marlene

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely card with your snow folk, sorry you caught COVID, its a horrible illness and I hope you both recover quickly. Hubby came back with it last September from Tenerife, he lost a stone in weight and still has not put it on, me I came back with some virus related to the Covid when we saw the list mine was in red, 9 weeks and I still have ah bit of a cough, When we went to Norway at the beginning of the month I was worried we would do the same again, but no we are both fine. Take care

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

OH! My gosh Kate, how awful for you. Happy to hear you are on your way to recovery. What a happy set of snowmen in your lovely wreath, great background too. A fun card methinks.
Faith x

Zoe Tant said...

Oh Kate I'm so sorry that the dreaded Covid has caught up with you. Not nice at all, but glad you are on the mend and hope 100% very soon. Lovely card with these jolly folk. Hugs Zoe x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
so sorry to hear you and Alistair got the dreaded covid.
It is not nice at all I am just getting over all the other elements it brings with it after 8 months since I got it.
Only last couple of weeks I am feeling more like my oldself.
I do so hope you both don't have long lasting elements like that after yours.
I love your wonderful card it's beautiful stamped design.
The snowmen look fab inside your lovely holly wreath.
Hope you are feeling much better now.
Lots of crafty love and hugs . Jenny L.

gwen70 said...

So sorry you have had the dreaded bug Kate, glad you are starting to feel better. Such a delightful card. Hugs Gwen xx

Birgit said...

Your card is cute and fun! I live the snowmen. I'm sp dorru you got that dreaded disease. Let's hope you recover quicker than you think. Take csr

Valerija said...

Gorgeous card. I love it!
Valerija xx

Pat said...

Sorry to hear you and Alistair have had Covid and hope that by now you are feeling a lot better. The snow family are so cute and love the holly wreath which shows them off beautifully. x