Thursday 2 February 2023

Mermaid Queen!

 Hello there, how are you all doing, I hope you are well.

I can hardly believe it's February already and the light is remaining longer, and my Spring bulbs are already showing shoots popping up. Spring is on it's way.

Thank you so much for the lovely comments on my last card, which was a wee while ago.

I have a card today which will be going to my friend Fiona,


I've combined Chocolate Baroque stamps with Lavinia Stamps. The mermaid is from CB, and some of the foliage is from Lavinia. The background is made with Pixi Powders, and I've use watercolour pencils and gel pens. I've not used this CB stamp in years, it was good to give it an outing. Just hope Fiona likes it.

We met up the other day for a coffee, it was lovely to see her. She was telling me that she's not been too well, it's the chemicals going through her system, I'm sure it takes their toll. However she's still smiling.

Well that's me for now, Teallach is telling me he want's his food, he's sitting staring me out trying to make me feel guilty for ignoring him.

Take care and see you soon,



8 comments:

meg said...

A fabulous underwater scene Kate, great colours and selection of stamps, hope Fiona starts to feel better soon.

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

It's a superb card, great mix of stamps and beautiful colouring! Your friend will love it for sure! Hope she get well soon

Sue said...

She is lovely, and the colors are so very pretty. Fiona is going to love it.

Hugs
Sue
PS, can't wait for signs of Spring, going to be -10 tomorrow and Saturday with gusty winds and light snow. Ugh.....

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous colouring and a lovely background and just adore the designs x

brenda said...

Great use of colour Kate, makes for a very atmospheric Mermaid card.

B x

Valerija said...

Wow, so wonderful. Love the mermaid and the colours.
Valerija xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I'm sure Fiona will love this underwater scene with the gorgeous mermaid Kate. It really is beautiful. Wishing her well.
Faith x

Pat said...

A beautiful mermaid Kate, and love the Brusho background, so bright and pretty for your friend Fiona, and I love all the underwater ploants and the shell in the foreground, and just the right amount of colour added to the mermaid herself. Sorry Fiona is feeling under the weather with the chemo. I have a friend who was much the same, but she is now into the second half of her treatment and the side effects are much less of a problem now. x