Sunday 8 January 2023

Embossing Folders for the CCC!

 Happy New Year to You All, I hope you all had a lovely Festive Season, and looking forward to 2023. For many last year was a pretty grim time for many, we can only hope that this new year will bring better things and kinder times.

I'm back with my first Christmas Card Club creation of this new year and the theme is Embossing Folders,


Now, I don't know which make the embossing folder is, but I coloured up card with Glistening Polish from Lavinia and used their lovely Christmas Tree Stamp. sentiments from their sentiment sheets and a few crystal gems and gel pens. A matching envelope. A simple card and flat for posting.

Both Alistair and I are trying to recover from the mother of all colds. I've had it since before Christmas and Alistair a few days later. We don't often have colds or flu, in fact I can't remember when we last had one, but this one is a beezzer and taking so long to clear up, I'm still coughing like mad and can hardly keep up with the tissues for my nose. Not a great way to spend the holiday season. However, our lovely Milo was out in sympathetic exhaustion with me on Christmas Day,


We had a lovely time at Damian and Moreen's on Christmas Day, it was grand to spend the day with them and the Pets.

Anyhoo, that's me for now, I've enjoyed my break from Blogging, mind you, I was not in the right frame of mind and had no energy to do any logging. Scheduling this post for Sunday, take care everyone and see you soon,


 

 

14 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Happy New Year Kate, even if it seems not a good beginning for you. Hope you are well now.
Lovely card with that bright embossed background and love the stamp.
Happy Sunday

meg said...

Your card background glistens beautifully Kate,it's a gorgeous colour,a magical background for the fairy stamp.

dutchess said...

Sorry to hear you have both been poorly over the holidays and hope you are feeling a bit better soon
Love the embossed background Kate great card xxx

brenda said...

Those polishes give a lovely glistening finish Kate. Sorry you've had the lurgy, so much of it about we we didn't e scape it either, it's a real nastie.

As you might guess Milo steals the show today, well he is a after all.

B x

Wendy L said...

Gorgeous card Kate. Many people seem to have the horrible cold and cough, fingers crossed we don't catch it as we go away on Thursday, xxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Happy New Year.
Sorry to hear that you have been under the weather for the festive season but hoping that you both feel better soon.
A lovely card using that gorgeous glistening polish, such a fab colour too.
Lorraine

Mrs A. said...

Sorry to hear you have both felt so poorly with your colds. I love the stamp you have used here and for the matching envelope. Sorry not to be joining in this time but I am still popping by see everyones makes. Hug Mrs A.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A lovely shiny card Kate, I think your tree is the closest you should be to "logging". Take your time with making things and come back fit and healthy, we will be here.
Faith x

Sue said...

Happy New Year Kate such a gorgeous card and sorry to hear your not very well ..get better soon hugs Sue x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kate
Fabulous card …..gorgeous embossing folder ….
Happy New year ….
Hugs Sylvie xx

Sue said...

First off, hope you and hubby are feeling better. Seems like the cold season is hitting just about every family. Your card is lovely, the color and the design so beautiful.

My daughter has a dog that looks just like Milo. She got here from a rescue group and she has been to every class there is and is so smart. She loves my daughter so much and even my son-in-law, who isn't much of a pet lover.

take care you two and feel better soon
Happy New Year.

Hugs
Sue

Marlene Atkinson said...

Love this card, gorgeous colours. Marlene

Lisa said...

That is a very lovely emboss folder and makes for a wonderful wintery card. I hope Alistair is feeling better.

wannabcre8tive said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Love the use of the polish and the embossing folder.