Sunday 4 September 2022

Use Kraft Card for the CCC!

 Hello Everyone, I hope you are all well and enjoying your weekend.

We've been away for a wee break, last week. We went to Gairloch where friends have a B&B, and had a great time. Fortunately, they had no guests in so were free to spend time with us. It's been a while since we last saw them, 2028 in fact, so there was plenty of news to catchup on. It's certainly the first time we have been out anywhere since Covid. Anyhoo, we took the good weather with us as Isabelle was saying that they had really poor wet and windy weather.

So, I decided to leave Blogland behind for a few days and just chill out.

Anyhoo, it's that time again for the Christmas Card Club girls to show their latest creations. Valery Ann chose the theme of using kraft Card, here's what I I came up with,


I stamped straight on to the kraft blank card and used a mixture of Card-io and Lavinia Stamps. glitter, posca pen in white, Lots of white gel pen and glitter. White gel pen and a sentiment from Clearly Besotted. Thank you, Valery, for the challenge I really enjoyed it

Well, that's me for now, I'll get around to visiting your blogs soon...honestly, I will. Who would have thought that enjoying oneself could be so tiring. Cheerio for now and look out for the other CCC girl's cards, shedualled to go live tomorrow at 8 am


 


18 comments:

meg said...

This is a magical card Kate,a beautiful background,wonderful stamped images and lots of frosty snow

brenda said...

How lovely you got away for a few days Kate, I know after Covid it's a big step and we were hesitant in June but given what's happened since pleased we did it.

Love your elegant look on Kraft card and the sprinkling of glitter makes for a lovely seasonal creation.

B x

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely christmas card, I love the image and colours

I am glad you have a lovely time away and could catch up with friends, could you please ask them to send us some rain, we are now in drought here in somerset and little or no rain,
Hope you have a good week

cotnob said...

This is lovely Kate, a cute image and lovely delicate foliage.
I'm glad you enjoyed your break, it sounds like you had a lovely time.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely design, beautiful stamping and the red berries make it pop.
I'm glad you had an enjoyable break, it's lovely to do something different now and again.
Lorraine

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Adorable kraft card Kate, love the touch of glitter!
Hugs

dutchess said...

Glad you had a good break Kate …we have just got back from wales today where it too was raining…still gorgeous here back home…
It was me that chose the theme not Valery Ann…so I am glad you enjoyed making your beautiful card…take care xxx

Wendy L said...

It's a gorgeous card Kate, very effective on Kraft card. Xx
Time travel 2028, xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A Wonderful card and so different Kate. Love your colouring and design. How lovely to visit and be able to spend time with your friends. They will have been glad to enjoy your company too. I know! Because we used to have a B&B and know how sad it is to have lovely visitors and not be able to spend time with them. Yep! very tiring for you all hahaha.
Faith x

gwen70 said...

Absolutely love the card Kate, glad you had a nice break xx

Sue said...

How lovely you got time away Kate..your card is really gorgeous! hugs Sue x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Kate
Happy you had time away …
Fabulous card…love the Kraft ….
Hugs Sylvie xx

rachel said...

What a gorgeous design Kate - it works brilliantly! Well done you! Hugs Rachel x

Donna Ellis said...

What a beautiful use of the textured kraft cardstock, Kate! I want to use it more often, but forget about it if it is not staring me in the face! LOL The use of white against the kraft is very striking! So glad you got away to spend time with friends (I couldn't help but giggle at your typo for the date. It says the last time you saw them was in 2028 - I'm sure you mean 2018 LOL) But it made my day to think you are looking forward to great days! Wishing you a wonderful week! Smiles,
Donna
{Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

Valerija said...

Gorgeous card Kate. I love it!
Valerija xx

pam said...

Stunning card Kate, love the design and colours
Pam x

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh I love this scene and your coloring is just perfect on the kraft.

Pat said...

The white on kraft really gives that frosty feeling Kate and love the added glittery snow and the cute mouse with his lamp. A sweet and pretty card. x