Sunday 14 August 2022

Magical Summer!

Hello Blogging Friends and Visitors, I hope you are well and not melted away in all this heat.

We've had a bit of a respite this afternoon, a thunder and lightening storm with the most amazing heavy downpour. I watched the dark clouds rolling in then the show began, it was quite dramatic. Alistair had been out for a walk and just made it home before the rain started. It's certainly cleared the air a bit. I did video it and tried to upload it here, but I couldn't manage it, there must be some special way to do it.

Anyway, here's my card,


I'm having fun mixing my stamps from various companies, so this one has a lovely silhouette fairy from Chocolate Baroque, the stamped words and I've are from the same set. The stencil work is from Lavinia Stamps, and the grass and tiny flowers are from Card-io, as are the toadstool and fairies on the envelope. I used Distressed Oxides for colour. Lavinia Glitter on the fairy's wings, Posca Pens and gel pens to do the fine details.

Thank you for the lovely comments on my previous post, you are all so kind.

Well, that's me for now, I hope you are having a lovely weekend, take care of yourselves,



13 comments:

meg said...

A fabulous background and mix of stamps

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Very beautiful and warm card, love the stencilled background and the fairy!

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Kate, a lovely background and super border.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

brenda said...

Another magical creation Kate and he colours certainly bring on the summery feel.

B x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Definitely a magical card Kate, pretty colours to show off the stamps. We had a drizzle for about 10 minutes this morning and sun since, but it has cooled by 10C thank goodness.
Faith x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely card using your collection of stamps.
I will be so glad when we get some of that rain that is supposed to be coming here in the south east - the gardens and wildlife will love it too.
Lorraine

Jennifer Johnston said...

A very pretty card Kate, so different. I love the colours you have used too and The mix of stamps work really well together. Lucky you. good to hear you have had some well needed rain. We had a few drops early this evening but nothing came of it. Gardens are in great need of water. I think it is just a wee bit cooler tonight thank goodness. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog, so kind of you Kate.
Love & Hugs Jennifer xx.

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful card. Glad you had some rain. Can't wait for some here.Anesha x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful magical card, the colouring is gorgeous and love the image used x

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
this is such a gorgeous card and the colours remind me of the late Sixties and all the colourful items the name slips my mind at the mo.
Love your wonderful inking and the fab stencil work.
Your Fairy is gorgeous and such a wonderful stampedege to your card also.
I too have bought some Gardio Stamps lately too.
We had a drop of rain today and yesterday but it wouldn't have fillied and egg cup been 3 months since we last had rain.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous card Kate, I love the way you're mixing your stamps.
Lorraine x

Lisa said...

I have not tried to do a video yet....someday maybe. This is a super cute fairy and I love the framing and colors of the sky.

Mrs A. said...

We have had some rain here but no real storms that had been predicted for our area. We have a hose pipe ban from next week so it is just as well most of the summer flowers have finished already in the garden. You have created a lovely scene from all those different company stamps. Hugs Mrs A.