Saturday 4 June 2022

If I Had to Live!

 Hi Everyone, I hope you are having a good weekend. It's a swelter here, glad I got some housework done this morning as by afternoon my energy was zapped. Hate to say it, but just too hot for me, still lovely to see the bright sunshine.

Just popping in with a card made for a friend's birthday,


This is a stamp I bought years ago from a company called Acid Drops and What Nots. Karen who owned the company drew the images herself and they were all very quirky and fun. The sentiments and corner brackets are all with the set. First Edition paper  and coloured with alcohol markers. Glad to say my friend like it.

My friend Fiona, got in touch today, and she's has quite a rough time from her first bout of treatment, headaches and nausea, not much energy. The treatment is on a three week cycle and she has to have six of them. When she mentioned the word cycle it wasn't in connection with her treatment, and I took it that on her good days she was getting out on her bike, so said that that was good that she was getting out for a cycle. She said that made her chuckle and put me right, I'm such a twit, but at least she got a laugh.

Right, that's me for now, thank you for your lovely comments on my last post, take care of yourselves and see you soon




2 comments:

Pat said...

This is a fun image and love the purple tones you have used Kate, and a great sentiment too and love the corner bracket stamps which frame it beautifully. Sorry the treatment has been taking its toll on your friend Fiona and hope that as she goes through the treatment it gets easier for her to take. I laughed at your 'cycle' misunderstanding..easily done. My brain often takes me down a back alley...lol. x

Pat said...

This is just a side comment not for publishing Kate, but I see that quite a few of your posts have no comments, and this is unusual because you usually get a lot, so thought I would say that there may be comments ending up in'spam' which is what has happened to me and now I always check to make sure that regular commenters are not ending up there. I will check back to see see if you have published my comment above, and if not will e-mail you so that you know. x