Thursday 17 February 2022

Elf Romance!

 Hello Everyone, I hope you are keeping safe from Storm Eunice, such frightening things. Up here we seem to have been passed by, but the weekend is to be quite bad with high winds and snow.

There's been snow showers off and on most of the day, but we managed a walk in okay conditions, just really cold, home 10 minutes and the snow started again. 

I have a finished picture today, it's by an artist called Mariola Budek and I bought it from her Etsy store;


The minute I saw this I just had to have it, I'm a Lord of the Rings fan, and I've always felt there was an Elf inside me awaiting to blossom from this Hobbit body lol. Anyway, it's a large A4 size PDF and I printed on to Bristol Velum paper, a new paper to me so I wasn't too sure which pencils would lay down well on it.
I started with Luminance, wasn't all that happy with the effect, so changed to Polychromos, and much happier, then for the man's hair I used Prismacolor, and wished I'd just used those for the whole picture. It, too me around 16 hours to complete, a real labour of love, but I'm pleased with how my Elf couple has turned out. I still find images like these quite challenging, especially colouring the hair and skin, hope you like it.

Thank you so much for the kind comments on my last post.

That's me for now, keep safe and cosy, and hope to see you soon,


18 comments:

Christine Harrop said...

My goodness Kate - that really was a labour of love! But so worth it. It looks fabulous. Take care. Christine xx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Glad to hear that the storm has gone, hope it hasn't damaged too much.
The image is really sweet and romantic and your colouring absolutely gorgeous!! Love especially the hair. A lot of work, but the result is really beautiful.
Hugs

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Kate! it's absolutely fabulous..we haven't had Storm Eunice arrive yet just Dudley so it's all quiet up to now..have a lovely weekend hugs Sue x

meg said...

Well worth every minute you spent on it Kate,absolutely stunning

Wendy L said...

We have had a change in temps here in Spain, alot warmer.
Your artwork is wonderful Kate. Xx

Mac Mable said...

WOW this is a stunning image and beautifully coloured Kate. A true labour of love but so worth it.....I love it x. Stay safe and warm during this nasty storm x.

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful and happy romantic colouring........ have a great weekend. ♥

brenda said...

I use Bristol Vellum (not that it is vellum) for some years and always really happy with the results, I don't colour a lot as you know, but great for stamping and takes inks and sprays really well.

Your colouring of this is just superb ad really brought the images to life.

Keep safe in this latest storm, I just noticed we've been upgraded to red alert from 10am. Baton down the hatches and craft I think.

B x

Jackie T said...

Hi Kate this is gorgeous. Your colouring is just amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
yes a labour of love but what a stunning and gorgeous colouring you have done to this excellent work of art.
My I am so impressed with their Hair and every bit of your superb colouring skills.
This would look very lovely in a frame and I can see why you had to have it it's so lovely.
Have a great weekend.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow that does look challenging well done looks fab

Wendy L said...

Deffo a piece of artwork to frame, wonderful. Thank you for the kind comment on my blog. Xx

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW! what a stunning piece of art Kate. The hair is outstanding. Beautiful colours.
As for Eunice, she certainly left her mark didn't she? Still very windy here, but no snow! Keep safe and warm.
Faith x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

What a gorgeous image and well worth all the hours spent colouring it, it's fabulous! It's such a large image that you could frame it perhaps?
Lorraine

JD/ Jill said...

Wow! This is a wonderful image...and you so nicely colored it!

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Beautiful work x

Flo Langley said...

Truly stunning. Beautifully coloured. You have released your inner elf with this one. Lovely post. Take care, hugs Flo xx

Pat said...

Fabulous colouring of this elf couple Kate and the hair looks magnificent and I love the blue background..the skin colour is perfect! x