Wednesday 23 February 2022

My Journey Through Europe!

 Hello Everyone, I hope you are all doing well, and no one is suffering with these awful storms. Some if the news reports of the dreadful flooding is heartbreaking for businesses and homes, so I hope you are all safe. We have escaped it all in comparison to down south.

Thank you, all for all the lovely comments on my Penguin card, I do appreciate your visits.

It's coloured pictures today from this lovely Rita Berman book,

Roughly translated, My Journey Through Europe.



This is the first page reflecting the different countries and their landmarks. Coloured with Caran D'Ache Luminance pencils.



This lovely heart wreath is one of the drawings representing Portugal and flower festivals. I coloured this  with Derwent Ink Intense pencils. Now I've had these pencils for quite an number of years and never really used them, I only had a few, but I've been watching some colourists using them and thought I would have a go, and think they are just lovely, although I do need a bit of practice with them. Anyhoo, I'm pretty pleased with how this picture has turned out, and have ordered more pencils which will make a full set. Hope you like the pictures.

We are having squally rain today, and it's so dark, I can hardly see the keys as I'm typing this, I hate putting lights on in the middle of the day, but I think I'm beaten.

I'm off now to have a journey through your lovely blogs, and then we are going out for a High Tea, we had booked to go last week but, the snow prevented us, so hopefully we won't have any today, although it is forecast for the Highlands, fingers crossed, but at least this time I've
got something to eat in, last week we had to make do with egg and chips, and I have to say they never tasted better, lol.

So cheerio for now and keep safe,



24 comments:

Rita said...

Hello Kate. Well, once again you have excelled yourself with this Magnificent colouring. Hope I get to Portugal in May this years as the last 2 years were cancelled due to COVID etc. A bit more hopeful of getting there this time. Enjoy your high tea, as it’s such a treat after a week of wind and rain. Take Care. Hugs Rita xxxx

meg said...

Love the depth of colour on these beautifully coloured pages Kate, hope you don't get more snow tomorrow

Rainey's Craft Room said...

Lovely colouring pictures Kate, I love the circular buildings one, it's so unusual and your colours make it very eye-catching.
Lorraine

Mac Mable said...

The colouring book has some wonderful images in them Kate and you've coloured both pages beautifully. Interesting to read that you used the two different pencil makes and always good to buy more crafty goodies to make a whole set of pencils Kate x. I love the pictures and I love both of them as they are fabulous and absolutely beautiful x. Yes I think we are in for more squally weather...We've had heavy squalls today and sleet x. Hope you enjoy your high tea...? (and the egg and chips sounded yummy x).

brenda said...

So colourful Kate and nice memories as been a year or two since we've all been able to do that.

Glad you were not too badly affected by the storms, a few tiles hit the ground a bit swiftly so some repairs to be done, but nothing compared with what some got.

B x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Wow what a beautiful keepsake. Love the colouring. Hope you managed to get out for high tea. Love Alison xx

dutchess said...

Lovely colouring Kate…bet you enjoyed doing these they look gorgeous….
We are forecast snow tomorrow…At least the gales may abate…fingers crossed it’s not as bad as forecast….take care xxxx

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Beautiful colouring on those pages, love the heart wreath and also so much the different countries and their landmarks!!
Have a lovely High Tea out!
Hugs

Jackie T said...

Hi Kate they are gorgeous. Your colouring is amazing. Take care. Hugs Jackie

Jenny L said...

Hi Kate,
as always your colouring looks stunning and very wonderfully created.
Love both of your pages they are wonderful images.
I do hope you enjoyed your high tea and the weather was kind to you both.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Wow what a stunning book. Love the quirky houses. Bet you enjoyed your high tea.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love your colouring Kate, the colours you put together and the gorgeous shading, beauitful pictures too. Hope you got your High Tea?
Faith x

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous colouring Kate. Thank you for your kind wishes for Tom - he's getting much better.
I hope you had a lovely High Tea
Lorraine x

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful coloured pages. Stay safe. anesha

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

Oooh, what fabulous artwork Kate, you really are the queen of colouring! Stay safe in the horrible weather x

Marlene Atkinson said...

Simply gorgeous Kate love the designs and colouring. Hope you are well, I think there is more snow on the way. Marlene

Zoe Tant said...

Oh I love these Kate. Gorgeous colouring and perfect to brighten these dark days. We've had hail and sunshine here today and hoping the sun stays for a little while. Keep safe Zoe x

aussie aNNie said...

Looking good, great colouring and beautiful design.
Keep Safe ♥

Valerija said...

Your colouring is amazing. Wonderful pictures.
Valerija xx

Flo Langley said...

Stunning pages Kate. Beautifully coloured. Hope you managed to get to your high tea. Take care, hugs Flo xx

Pat said...

You have such a wonderful range of colouring books with some wonderful images and I love these designs with a journey through Europe, and I love the buildings in a ring with the pretty floral centre, and the heart shaped wreath of flowers is gorgeous Kate, and you have used the Inktense Pencils brilliantly. x

Pat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pat said...

Sorry Kate, I put the above deleted comment in the wrong place have now put it with the right post.. having another senior moment...lol. x

Sue said...

Kate, what wonderful images you have colored them up beautifully. The first one is fascinating, I love it, lots of coloring... The second one of the heart is so very pretty. We hosted a young woman from Portugal when our daughter was in High School for a school year. Such a dear girl and we remain in contact with her and her family all these years later.
I also have the ink tense pencils and have hardly used them but I need to. I have the full set and the colors are beautiful. Thanks for the reminder!!

Hugs
Sue