Sunday 28 November 2021

Home for the Holidays!

 Hello Everyone, I hope your weekend is going well whatever you're doing. Fairly quiet one for us, just catching up on bits and pieces. I've been trying to look up recipes for pickling beetroot, simply. There's loads of recipes with lots of ingredients, like juniper berries, various herbs, not my usual cupboard stock, so that's mission for today.

We have started getting an organic veg box delivered and the produce is wonderful, it's a pot-luck box, and of course what's in season, so you never know just what you're going to get. So I'm learning about now veggies for us and how to cook them, hence the beetroot. What a difference in taste compared to the supermarket bought stuff.

Anyway, I have a card today;


This is a fabulous image from Beccy's Place called Home for the Holidays digital sheet. , As it's already coloured I just added Glossy Accents, glitter and  enamelled dots. I just love these little gingerbread men.
Thank you so much for the lovely comments on my last post, I always appreciated you taking the time to pop in and leave your comment.
Well we had some snow last night, not much but very cold, and thankfully Inverness escaped the awful high winds, we seem to be sheltered because of the mountains, but some areas were really badly hit, with power loss for hours, so we are lucky here. I hope you were all okay and no damage done.
That's me for now, remember to keep yourself safe especially as there is now another Covid variant reached our shores, really very worrying, Cheerio for now,

 


22 comments:

Sue said...

Oh YUM, Gingerbread boy cookies! How cute this image is with the pretty stocking. Makes a cute card, Kate.

Hugs
Sue

Mac Mable said...

Those gingerbread men sure are cute and a lovely Christmas card Kate x. Great to get fresh in season vegetables and try new things out x. Very cold and windy our way but no damage, thankfully x. Keep safe too Kate x.

JD/ Jill said...

Cute card! Very nicely colored!

Jackie T said...

Hi Kate this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Keep warm and I hope you find a good recipe. Take care. Hugs Jackie

brenda said...

A really sweet image Kate and prettily coloured. We Love the surprise of our weekly Riverford box. Re beetroot, hubby always grows a few and I simply cook, slice, layer into jars with onion and fill with vinegar, just like my Gran always did!

B x

Rainey's Craft Room said...

A lovely festive image and sweet card, lovely and flat for posting.
Lorraine

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Sweet and warm card, the gingerbread are so cute!
Hugs

Marianne's Craftroom said...

This is so cute. The veg boxes are a good idea but I like choosing what to buy. I hate beetroot so that would go to waste.

meg said...

Sweet image,love the gingerbread cookies and your completed card.Really cold here too,with some snow

Wendy L said...

Super card Kate, I used to pickle beetroot, just bought pickling vinegar or used a bag of spices in the vinegar, xx

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely card, colours and design. xx

cotnob said...

A fun card Kate, a super stamp and great colouring.
Beetroot is definitely best eaten fresh - it will keep for quite a while in the fridge before you cook it and it also keeps well after it has been cooked, I love it with cheese in a sandwich. If you have to pickle it just put it in jars with malt vinegar, it will be fine.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Flo Langley said...

Loving the gingerbread men. Good luck with the pickling. Flo x

Margarets designer cards said...

Lovely image beautifully coloured and accented
Glad you are safe and did not get the worse of the weather, we had the high winds our only damage is the climbing rose tree , Vernon has wanted to trim it fur ages and could not reach so it was a blessing in disguise that why it was down he trimmed it and then managed to tie it back up, I thought it had snapped at the bottom but no just bent over, we had a snow shower on Saturday but it did not cover, it’s very cold today even with the bea shine shine we had this morning it now dull.
Hope you can stay safe, I don’t like this new strain of Covid hopefully it won’t spread
Hugs

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

A beautiful image and card Kate.
As for pickling the beetroot? I love mine warm from the cooking, yummy. How lovely to have a pot luck box of veg, I would love it, but hubby is too fussy to try new things, me? I'll try most things. Good luck with all your learning and eating new foods.
Keep safe and warm
Faith x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Stunning card as always. keep warm and safe. Love Alison xx

Valerija said...

Amazing colouring and a wonderful card. Love the image.
Valerija xx

Pat said...

I love the sweet gingerbread men, such fun and so cute Kate. Glad you escaped the high winds and damage. We were not too bad down here in the south west, and we only had a broken fence post. x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a sweet family of gingerbread people! Very nice! And how fun you already had some snow!

Jennifer Johnston said...

Hi Kate, a lovely festive image and I love those gingerbread boys too! so cute. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog recently...most kind. Take care and above all stay safe Kate. Have a good weekend. Love & Hugs xx.

Mrs A. said...

That is a cute image. Bright and cheerful just what we need to see at the moment. Not as cold here today but we did have snow earlier in the week. Managed to source my flu jab finally but not for a couple of weeks . That was the first available date I could get. Staying indoors as much as possible but will have to venture down the post office to send off cards and parcels. Keep safe . Hugs Mrs A.

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

Gorgeous colours x